NCT 127 'NEO ZONE' DEBUTS #1 AT GAON WITH 723,150 COPIES SOLD

Discussion in 'Achievements' started by JustWhatIThink, Apr 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. worldlove27

Currency:
    [QUOTE="Tic_tac_toe, post: 6475307, member: 125940"]Seems like a lot of groups have drastic increases in sales this time around. Good for them.

The top group is selling what 4million? I think it’s safe to say we’ll see both seventeen and NCT and maybe the 4th gen BGs in a few years reach 1mil much more frequently as well.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought so too. So many groups sales are increasing and not even by a small amount. They are large jumps.

afilleraccount likes this.
  2. Tic_tac_toe

Tic_tac_toe Public Figure

Currency:
    Thats what I thought so too. So many groups sales are increasing and not even by a small amount. They are large jumps.[/QUOTE]

During the last two years kpop grew a LOT. Yeah BTS grew the most but in general as well Kpop is just much much bigger now. Both GGs and BGs have higher sales.

worldlove27 likes this.
  3. dontwannacry04

dontwannacry04 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Seventeen has a bigger fan base in Korea than Nct. As for digitals, last year Seventeen also had a lot more digital sales, they were only one of the 5 boy groups included in top 10 digital sales. Seventeen has 505.44 Million digital sales, while NCT was not even included. Seventeen charting and touring are also better than Nct’s. Yes, NCT has grown but they are not in the top 3 yet, they would be #4.

4. Tic_tac_toe

Currency:
    i mean with this comeback. (Digitals and charting is gonna be better for NCT than seventeen looks like)

Since last comeback all kpop groups have grown I think and it’s only going forward now.

armyzen861 likes this.
  5. dontwannacry04

Currency:
    If you are talking about this comeback I am also talking about this one, but if we compare to seventeen then we have to use the data from last year, as they had no comeback this year so far. Seventeen only had two comeback last year, and their digitals were honestly really good for both comebacks. If you are talking about Korean fandom, seventeen’s would undoubtedly be bigger, even their president knows them. Yes, NCT has been doing really good, no doubt, and I’m proud of them, but seventeen overall would be bigger than them.

AzuraLaz likes this.
  6. Tic_tac_toe

Currency:
    Hmm I mean it’s fair to compare this NCT cb with seventeen’s comeback from few months back. And it looks about same. And going forward all their subsequent comebacks is probably going to do the same level as well.

Hey I’m not an NCT fan I’m just calling it like it is. In Korea they seem about equal now.

armyzen861 likes this.
  7. dontwannacry04

Currency:
  8. dontwannacry04

Currency:
    They are gaining recognition, but they don’t seem to be on the same level for now, as seventeen has always had a big fandom in Korea, so it would be weird to compare the two when NCT just started in Korea. Even recently seventeen has been going viral amongst Korea’s general public for their Variety show and not a comeback, Going Seventeen (GoSe) and the episode’s that use to get 300K to 500K views are now hitting 700k to 1 million views usually on YouTube. Even on Vlive they get like 300k to 400k views for the episodes.

9. brnagh

brnagh Newbie

Currency:
    I feel like comparing Seventeens content views with Nct's is probably not for the best Nct's daily uploads surpass Seventeen's weekly ones and Mingyu's birthday vlive has less views now days later than Nct's random vlives as they're live. I think us Carats need to see Nct's growth and take it as motivation to improve Seventeen's digitals, physicals and views by next comeback or we'll get surpassed by the end of 2020....

dontwannacry04 likes this.
  10. crystalme

crystalme Newbie

Currency:
    Wow, I don't think anyone expected 700k. Impressive!
    But why is there such a huge gap between gaon and hanteo sales? Isn't it quite unusual?

11. Tic_tac_toe

Currency:
    This has been the case since kpop went hugely international. lots of international Stores aren’t hanteo tracked.

lezgeddit likes this.
  12. Vanessa526g

Vanessa526g Super Rookie

Currency:
    It is unusual. I haven't seen a boy group album with that big of a Hanteo/ Gaon ratio before (~50%). Not even BTS considering that they have a much bigger international fanbase or EXO. I guess we will have to wait until the half year report to see if there are any changes.

Interesting to see how much sales will continue to grow for groups.

crystalme likes this.
  13. Tic_tac_toe

Currency:
    EXO never have huge gaps it’s almost always more than 70%....their sales are mostly korea and China which is hanteo tracked. BTS have had 50% ish with their first month gaon and eventually close the gap.

14. Icaro_Ribeiro

Currency:
    Web Developer
    Seventeen digital performance in Korea is one-two steps ahead of NCT, really

It's just that last Seventeen song was arguably their biggest flop in 4 years, while for NCT was kinda the opposite

However, Seventeen last song still with more streams on Genie than the biggest NCT song (Cherry Bomb). It says something. Plus Seventeen have many songs with 600, 700 and even 1 million unique listeners there, while NCT still haven't reached 400k milestone yet

NCT in Korea is mostly for fans only
    Seventeen may have a huge fandom too, but they surely have some casual listeners since 2016

AzuraLaz and dontwannacry04 like this.
  15. dontwannacry04

Currency:
    The last song wasn’t a flop, they had A LOT of idols cover fear, and even Chinese Idol groups such as Unine (a very famous produce group in China) were covering fear. Produce X 101 trainee’s and even iz*one covered fear. And the album were also chosen as The Best Album Of The Year by Billboard, and they even won Best Album Daesang in China, where they barely promote. Sure, the views on YouTube are not as much compared to others, but they did really well last year with YMMDawn and An Ode digital sales, at had 505.44 Million digital sales with only two albums.

AzuraLaz likes this.
  16. Tic_tac_toe

Currency:
    I meant that between the last time nct 127 had a comeback and now they have grown to be similar. Ofc their previous releases are digitally and physically very lacking. We know that. Going forward I think you’ll see less of a gap and I think this present nct cb is gonna do better than or close to all of seventeen’s previous releases. That’s what I meant when I said they’re doing similar.