NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

[NB] Suspicions raised with Momoland selling 8,200 copies in a day

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by mirusako, Feb 13, 2018.

1. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout

1. [+328, -20] What ever happened with that Russian song plagiarism? Didn't the composer call them out on that? Just wondering~~~

2. [+293, -18] The only girl groups to have ever sold a similar amount in a day were SNSD, Twice, and Red Velvet. So how did Momoland achieve this? Over a month after the album was released?

3. [+277, -16] Their company was really stupid with this;; they screwed them over

4. [+26, -4] They pulled a 'Laboum'

5. [+20, -1] The day before they sold 8,200 copies, they only sold 12 copies... there's something fishy about that

6. [+18, -1] What? Momoland pulled a 'Laboum'?

7. [+18, -1] Even if they had a fan signing that day, no way they actually had 8,000 people show up. Seems like a ploy to get their album sales up to secure a #1 since their digital rank and YouTube views are doing well.

8. [+13, -2] It keeps going up, they'll probably hit 10,000 today

9. [+12, -2] They're going to end up like Laboum

10. [+9, -0] 9, -0] They're so stupid ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ just a random 8,200 copies sold a month after the album's been released? ㅋㅋㅋ Yeah, I'm sure that isn't a "sajaegi" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

11. [+6, -1] Why would their company do this when they're doing fine on their own already? Slow and steady wins the race...

12. [+5, -3] They're promoting at the same time as iKON, Seventeen, and Red Velvet, and all their fans are watching this like hawks so they better be careful with their clarifications before this blows up.

-

Source: Naver

[​IMG]

1. [+1,581, -23] Seriously, they sold 12 copies and then the next day randomly sold 8,000? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What event was there? An even that even their fans didn't know about? How can their agency say that they don't know where the sales came from ㅋㅋㅋ their agency is basically their antis

2. [+1,211, -21] Pfft ㅋㅋㅋ So an offline sale of 8,000 copies were made... the agency knows exactly what happened

3. [+1,071, -33] Please put out a clarification that actually makes sense... Another 4,000 sales were just made... 300 copies in 30 minutes... How is this offline store even running? How can they run a business when they're too busy scanning Momoland CD barcodes?

4. [+982, -15] What kind of fanclub makes a group purchase past the first week of its release? ㅋㅋ

5. [+890, -15] They're basically hoping that people will pass the bomb around like "I don't know how this happened" until people forget about it and it gets buried

6. [+323, -3] They need to come up with a better lie

7. [+294, -3] Their clarification is weird... how do they not know what events were scheduled for that day?

8. [+240, -4] How can their agency have no record of where these copies were sold for?? This is an obvious sajaegi... they barely have 10,000 fanclub members.

-
    cr: Netizen BUzz

xoxoshawol, jimeous and Mynty like this.
  2. kpop_freak_tasia

Currency:
    lmaoooo I screeched when I read they pulled a LABOUM....that was way to funny lmao

Im_Your_Oppa likes this.
  3. ashleymarie

ashleymarie Celebrity

Currency:
  4. ashleymarie

ashleymarie Celebrity

Currency:
    But seriously, for their sake, I hope it's not true and that there was a miracle that happened. Not a fan of the group, but I wasn't disliking them either. They were doing fine on digital.

randomstrang3r and Mynty like this.
  5. Mynty

Mynty Super Rookie

Currency:
    yikes man....they were going so solid as well - hopefully things get cleared up and this situation doesn't effect them too much ;;

6. Aeera2

Aeera2 Newbie

Currency:
    I feel deja vu...i hope it's not true and they have the receipt

7. godvelvet

godvelvet Married to @Drug

Currency:
    I support these kind of things, but they should put for example 200 or 300 for not much known group, this is just too much

8. mirusako

mirusako Idol

Currency:
    Sailor Scout
    I'm not a fan of this group, but I'm actually rooting for them and that actual receipts will be provided.
    If not, what a huge disappointment this will be for the group and their fans.
    Although they have been doing well, this is what ppl will talk about the most and whatever achievements they accomplish in the future, will forever be questioned.

9. godvelvet

godvelvet Married to @Drug

Currency:
    I would like them to prove to people it's not, but it's probably true. It's ridiculous to judge, it's not like bigger companies don't do shady things

10. Lubby00

Lubby00 Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Laboum did it within their 1st day and then their sales went down the minute they won 1st place and weren’t even in the top 200

Meanwhile Momoland are charting high on all charts and are #4 on Melon. They also won 3 times and already gained popularity, and their sales happened weeks since

Can’t compare either of the two

11. Alina1441

Alina1441 Super Rookie

Currency:
    I like them, but 12 copies one day, and 8,000 copies the next? Something's fishy here.

zicozelo and nayeongirlgroup like this.
  12. Alina1441

Alina1441 Super Rookie

Currency:
    True, but general public that listen to the song online, don't really have a need to buy the album. The fans buy albums. 12 albums yesterday, 8000 today is a bit... weird.

zicozelo, Bogi444 and Mynty like this.
  13. Bogi444

Bogi444 ❣ Bogibear ❣

Currency:
    What's even more suspicious is the fact that their company keeps changing their statement. First they said that they don't know what happened, then they said that it's because of a Japanese release but that doesn't even make sense, that counts as a different album. And I heard that Hot Tracks confirmed that all of the copies were bought in 1 single store, but the stores confirmed that they only had like 2 or 3 copies in stock. And apparently there wasn't a fansign or anything that day or anytime soon. This whole thing is just so fishy. I just hope people won't start hating on Momoland, they were doing so well and it's definitely not their fault.

14. xoxoshawol

xoxoshawol SHINing in Caratland

Currency:
    Collecting Faves
    After a plagiarized song, I can't even expect the best from this agency.

15. Darkyoda

Darkyoda ɢoldeɴ ѕтαr

Currency:
    Buddy Gang
    Omg a Momoland article is getting attention! They've come so far :waterr:

16. Im_Your_Oppa

Im_Your_Oppa Rookie

Currency:
    That was to funny