Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

(NB)Big Bang's song release during TOP's service called into question

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Onewbunny, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Onewbunny

Onewbunny Entertainer

[​IMG]
    Article: [Exclusive] Big Bang's new song under controversy due to TOP... Yongsan checking whether he violated clause prohibiting soldiers in service with additional jobs

Source: Asia Econ via Nate

1. [+499, -32] What a mess

2. [+485, -69] I was actually surprised when I saw this song was #1. How can people listen to a song sung by a kid who used drugs? Can we please have the decency to skip songs made by criminals and plagiarizers?

3. [+369, -55] TOP's stupid fangirls are so busy downvoting everything right now. I feel so sad for them. Why don't they do this service for him too?

4. [+38, -12] I'm a man and I'm not trying to shield him or anything but tons of male celebrities will pre-film movies or dramas that are later released when they're in service so why is this case controversial??

5. [+19, -7] It's a clear violation, this is a mess. He should be reflecting.

6. [+16, -5] I was wondering if this was a violation too. I remember when Psy had to serve his second army service, his releases were deemed controversial at the time too.

7. [+16, -6] Tsk tsk tsk, YG just greedy for that money...

8. [+12, -6] Not trying to shield him but what about all the actors who pre-film movies and still take the income when the movie's released?

9. [+8, -1] I heard U-KISS Kim Kibum set up a separate company when he was in service and basically had a second job paid through that. Not sure what's so wrong about TOP's case.

10. [+6, -2] A lot of other singers have released pre-recorded songs after going into service, or even had CFs be released after. I don't think those were ever called into controversy.

-

Source: Naver

1. [+86, -17] What the ㅋㅋㅋㅋ so many singers have released songs like this all this time, why is it a problem now? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+76, -14] 'Flower Road' was recorded during 'MADE', no?? So it was produced in 2015-2016?? And TOP enlisted in 2017, so where's the controversy? It's not a violation of anything. And it's not like they're promoting this song on TV..

3. [+71, -14] So much fuss over a song produced in 2015 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+70, -13] The song was produced in 2015 and 2016, seems like someone didn't like the fact that the song is charting well right now

5. [+64, -11] Why stay quiet when all the other singers did the same thing? This is so random

6. [+44, -6] Everyone stayed quiet when JYJ, Lee Seung Gi, or Wheesung did the same thing but of course it's controversial because it's Big Bang ㅋㅋ the only controversy here is the one made up by the journalist

7. [+42, -7] So many cases like TOP... what's the issue? ㅎ

8. [+41, -6] People are just jealous that it's doing well ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ if they suddenly say that it's not allowed, then all the singers who've released songs during service should be investigated too ㅋㅋㅋㅋ they said before that pre-recorded songs were fine so why the change? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com.co/2018/03/big-bangs-song-release-during-tops.html

2. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

Naver vs Nate

3. Onewbunny

Onewbunny Entertainer

This is for all the people who think BIGBANG NEVER get hate for anything and that they get away with everything.

This is WAYYYY to stupid considering a lot of artist have relesed not only songs , but albums and even concerts (holograms) during the army duty

#3 Onewbunny, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  4. Onewbunny

Onewbunny Entertainer

this just confirm how nate hate BIGBANG, lol they dont even know how much artist relesed music during their service

5. lexuswoo

lexuswoo Artist

This is just stupid. Give him a damn break already. He's been through enough shit this past year.

6. heerayni

heerayni Artist

This is upsetting! I want to rip someone a new one.

7. lizvip

lizvip Artist

This is he most stupid thing people that hate BIGBANG have tried against them, just because they are salty that they are topping charts.

Please jaejoong relesed an album during his enlistment ( that was recorded before), and other artist have done it was well, so did they recived any investigation? NO.

You tried haters.

#7 lizvip, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  8. mostlydeadinside

I want to throw my hands at Nate. I'm so pissed. If anyone thinks that bigbang get away with everything can fuck off.

9. Leonidas_I

Leonidas_I Artist

Wow, apparently you can't release music when you're in the military? What a load of actual bs.

I'm sooo sorry that "drug kid" T.O.P and his group are topping charts when they're not even there. Stupid little T.O.P fangirls must be buying up the songs, huh?

L_catzzz, Key_the_VIP and Onewbunny like this.
  10. Ninalabkon

Ninalabkon Artist

Is there a comments section in Nate that isn't toxic?

11. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Artist

Jesus Christ. Let's not worry about the mental health of this man, who's clearly struggled with serious issues especially during the last couple of years. The fact that he smoked weed is definitely much more important than his life and well-being.

Sometimes internet comments really kill my faith in humanity.

pwswan, IAmsophia, Jang_Sunny and 7 others like this.
  12. Onewbunny

Onewbunny Entertainer

They are jsut looking for something to mess Bigbang, but if they say this is illegla then emans ALOT of artist will ahve to eb investigated and repeat their service then.

L_catzzz and lizvip like this.
  13. Key_the_VIP

Key_the_VIP Artist

Whenever something like this happens I can't help but think of these pictures he posted on his Instagram a while back and I really wish I didn't:

At least the comments on the AKP main site have been overwhelmingly supportive. I just assume those top comments from Nate are those envious of TOP's success from bitter people in a society that is too competitive. I think they know that the weed usage isn't that bad, but even if they didn't, you'd have to be a whole new level of evil to think you should prioritize that over someone's life. Especially after we got a wake-up call last year.

14. pristineee

pristineee Artist

i agree with the above but like can they not attack him for releasing a song during his service, that rule is bullshit

15. Wet_Willy

Wet_Willy Super Rookie

Drugs make for better music.clinically proven.

16. lizvip

lizvip Artist

There no rule. All artist can relese their work done previews their enlistment, and have done it.

L_catzzz likes this.
  17. lizvip

lizvip Artist

EXACTLY!! they would find anything to hate on BIGBANG sucess no matter what.

Do they want a rule like that? Then all the artist that relesed singles an album or any kind of work (movies , modeling or other), may have to return and serve again.

L_catzzz and Key_the_VIP like this.
  18. purnhub

purnhub Artist

the fuck!!

L_catzzz likes this.
  19. Key_the_VIP

Key_the_VIP Artist

I don't get how you could possibly agree with that. He made a mistake during a time he was trying to feel better due to his depression and anxiety getting really bad. He did it a few times and then quit on his own. This happened a long time ago. He doesn't deserve to pay for it for the rest of his life and he certainly doesn't deserve to be called a criminal.

20. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Artist

I'd actually started to hope that he'd be left in peace for the next little while; that he could rest out of the public eye and not be bothered by this sort of nonsense. I'd even though that the reception of 'Flower Road' would be a good thing for him, and that he'd be heartened to know that fans were still eager and happy to hear his voice. But this is just awful.

I don't take most "scandals" in Kpop seriously -- I tend to brush them off as silly nonsense. But the fact that TOP is still getting hate for this isn't a joke or something which should just be ignored. How can people not realize, especially in light of recent events, that he's seriously suffering and that he hasn't been well? Persecuting someone with a history of severe mental illness is appalling.

I wonder whether we as fans could do anything to show our support. Is there some gesture the fanbase at large could make; anything we could do to demonstrate that we care? I know other fandoms have organized projects like that, and cases like this make me wish I was more involved with fandom culture. Honestly, my habit has always been to enjoy Kpop on my own; I only joined this site a couple of months ago despite following the industry for ages. But the result is feeling helpless and out of the loop -- I just wish there was something I could do. Poor TOP... my heart legitimately hurts for him. I can't imagine how he must feel.