My Unpopular Kpop Opinions

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Hopkinz, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Idol

Currency:
    1. Many disguise "Unpopular Opinions" just with the intent to drag artists they don't like
    It's a petty way of saying "I hate this popular group and here's why you should too" without being so obvious. Just ignore them if you really don't like them, you don't have to convince me that a group sucks. That's why I'm going to try lifting underrated artists in this post instead of bringing people down. My only criticism will be towards the industry
    2. Boombayah Team 1 hate is uncalled for
    All they wanted to do was win the challenge and perform the song they wanted. Everybody competed against somebody lower ranked than them (that's why the Avengers team was the last team to get picked). And why do you assume the leader didn't pick Japanese trainees because she was "racist" or "thought they were untalented?" She likely wanted Korean trainees because the communication would be better. And Erii stans are like, don't bully her because she's only 14 years old! Meanwhile, Boombayah team 1 also has a 14-year-old and hating them is encouraged, mainly by Erii supporters.
    3. Fiestar was the perfect girl group
    You had a variety queen who was a foreigner, an amazing rapper, a beauty queen/rising actress, 2 amazing vocalists, and originally an English speaking member. They were all super pretty, versatile, and their discography is one of the best in Kpop. It's a shame they never hit it big.
    4. Bling Bling and B-Day weren't bad
    I liked both of these songs when they came out. B-Day is still my favorite iKON song.
    5. UNB and Uni.T deserve more love
    I wasn't a fan of some people who made the final lineup, but both groups put out some of the best songs of the year. They've all been through so much and both groups are talented.
    6. I like Daisy's raps in BAAM and Bboom Bboom
    They're funny and a nice break from the regular flow of the song.
    7. Block B's Don't Leave and Shall We Dance should have been a huge hits
    Don't Leave is a powerful ballad that is catchy and kinda reminds me of The Last Dance by Big Bang. Shall We Dance is so catchy and fun. They should have charted better
    8. Gugudan and N.Flying get better every comeback
    Their discography is amazing and every time I think they can't get any better, they do.
    9. There should be more co-ed groups
    People say it's too risky and controversial, but not many companies have tried over the years. KARD had a good response, so I think if they were promoted well, they could be very big.
    10. It's frustrating how whenever a lesser-known GG gets popular, they get hate
    Out of the hundreds of Kpop GG groups in the industry, only one seems to make it big every year. And every time it happens, people nonstop complain. It's like people complain how small groups deserve attention, but the few that do have to fight public backlash. It happened to Crayon Pop, EXID, and now Momoland. I'm not saying you have to like these groups, but do you have to publicly hate them on forums?

What do you think?​

2. Yabs_Trash

Yabs_Trash A-List

Currency:
    BANA
    THIS

3. RedueBelbet

RedueBelbet Public Figure

Currency:
    Anticipating Dreamcatcher’s comeback
    Completely agree with 1 and 10

But I especially agree with your point about P48. Erii stans are actually getting on my nerves so much by being hypocrites and to think Chaejung is gonna forever be hated by knets hurts my heart.

Hopkinz likes this.
  4. chaeyoungiis

chaeyoungiis Trainee

Currency:
    Lover
    i actually agree with all of these. i see a lot of people say the baam and bboom bboom raps are awful but theyre my favorite parts of those songs! i especially like baam's. so catchy. the only one i dont agree with is 2. but only because i dont watch that and dunno what youre talking about so im neutral! other than that i love these opinions.
    [​IMG]

igloo and Hopkinz like this.
  5. JunsuK

JunsuK Super Rookie

Currency:
    Wizard
    To be honest out of the three groups that you mentioned I feel like the only obscure gg that deserved to actually blow up was EXID.
    I agree with you that Block B's stuff should be hitting it bigger and they should be a lot more popular. I don't really follow them but they have some grade A talent. Why do you think their content isn't getting the recognition that it deserves?

mirella likes this.
  6. SaviorTwice

SaviorTwice Married to : @luvTWICE5H

Currency:
    Momo's wife, NAYOON stan, Yeji and Ryujin expert
    They need a hit first. They need a growl, a cheer up, a sorry sorry, a gee, or a hands up. They're getting promoted like crazy but the songs they have are just.....

7. mirella

mirella Married to @Silverfang719

Currency:
    rap enthusiast
    Fiestar was literally so talented and well-rounded with a great discography. But now they're gone...

Don't Leave and Shall We Dance deserve better. Some of Block B's best songs (but to be fair their track record is pretty solid). I hope the public warms up to them again. My biggest fear is their disbandment because their company may no longer consider them commercially successful.

igloo likes this.
  8. Ninalabkon

Ninalabkon <>< Mermaid Unicorn ><>

Currency:

PREACH!!!!

mirella likes this.
  9. mirella

mirella Married to @Silverfang719

Currency:
    rap enthusiast
    They were actually quite popular back in 2014-2016, with releases like "Her" and "Toy," but unfortunately they took too many hiatuses (I think this was the main cause), people forgot about them, and as a result their fanbase was small and unstable.

Plus the older a group gets, the more they start to lose popularity. It's a prevalent cycle in the K-pop music industry, so I'm not that surprised.

I think at this point people care more about Zico the soloist than Block B as a whole, which is a huge shame.

L_catzzz and igloo like this.
  10. JunsuK

JunsuK Super Rookie

Currency:
    Wizard
    I kind of knew that they were really popular like way back when like BAP but beyond that I didn't know much. Other than they had a few bad controversies so I thought that might have something to do with it. The seven year curse is devestating and its sad watching the cycle, one day a group is at its peak and they have positive speculation surrounding them the next day they end up in a dumpster smh. I always like to say that having one really popular member is about the most dangerous thing on earth for a group to have. Especially as the group ages, if all of the members dont have a healthy solo career I normally anticipate the group to not last long (or at least it makes me feel concerned). Thanks for answering my question.

mirella likes this.
  11. An_iKONIC_VIP

An_iKONIC_VIP Super Rookie

Currency:
    I agree with these ones. The others I dont really know enough about to judge.

2. I honestly didn't see any huge bad intent coming from the leader. It's a competition and the other members looked sympathetic when the other team cried. They also laughed from a joke being said, not what they were about to do. I didn't watch the show so I figured there might've been more to it, but people just kept talking about that one instance.

4. I also didn't see both songs as bad. Ik my name might make me look biased, but if I don't care for a song I just ignore it, even from my bias groups. I kept B-day on replay for so long. It's a shame people didn't listen to it, all they listened to was Bling Bling.

For Bling Bling, I liked it, but I do think it was one of thier weaker songs personally. So I understand others disliking, but I didn't understand the outright hate and contempt people had for it.

6. I actually didn't mind the raps either, I liked it. It was a little weird to do it twice, but the rap itself wasn't as bad as some made it out to be.

9. Agreed, I like the idea of more Co-Ed groups a lot. I especially liked Co-ed school and how they made boy and girl group sub units. I would like to see that again.

Hopkinz likes this.