My Unpopular Kpop Opinions Pt. 2

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Hopkinz, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Idol

Currency:
    1. I've always thought Eunji was the visual of Apink
    From her amazing body to her perfect smile, I always thought Eunji is the most beautiful member of Apink. I like her overall aura.
    2. SM doesn't actually neglect f(x)
    Allow me to explain. I'm sure SM would love to give f(x) a comeback, but all the members are extremely busy with their own individual activities. Victoria is a princess in China, making a lot more money than she did in f(x), Krystal has been acting and modeling, and Amber & Luna both been activies solo or collaborating together. If they were just sitting around in the basement doing nothing like some YG artists, you'd have a point, but they're super busy. They had a good run, and now MeU should support their solo activities and maybe one day they'll reunite.
    3. April is the best "good girl" group
    Their vocals are incredible, their visuals are stunning, and their music videos are so pretty. They have an elegance and maturity that most other good girl groups nowadays don't have, which is especially impressive because they're younger.
    4. CLC is good at cute and girl crush concepts
    Everybody didn't like Like (their first comeback), but insert gif of lady with the magnifying glass because that's me trying to find a problem with this song. It was a fun song and High Heels and No Oh Oh were also great. They also are extremely good at their current concept, and I like that better, but their other stuff is good too.
    5. Mo Mo Mo was a strong debut
    When this song came out, it received lots of criticism and I don't know why. I liked the choreography, the music video was fun and colorful, Exy still had her cool image. I really don't understand why some cute concepts receive backlash while others are praised
    6. Sunny Hill is the most unique group in Kpop
    Sunny Hill has done so many creative concepts over the years. Name me another group that had a circus concept, a song about the Elephant man, and a song about the story of the ant and the grasshopper. And the lyrics to their songs are so meaningful, even the catchy pop songs. For example, they have a song called Princess and Prince Charming, and it is critical towards Korean society. Not to mention they've tried every concept in the book. They were even co-ed for awhile. They truly are underrated and one of a kind.
    7. If I could bring back any disbanded group, it would be D-Unit
    Most people wish they could bring back their favorite disbanded group that usually was very popular. I choose D-Unit because they disbanded so early in their career and they had so much potential, I wanted to see them grow rather than bring back a group that achieved lots of success
    8. Mfect is one of the most underrated boy groups
    I do not like it when boy groups do the cute concept, but when Mfect made a comeback with Just You, I was blown away. There's something about this song that I really love. The vocals are strong, it's really catchy, and somewhat magical. Then they made a comeback with Reason and it was just as good. Again, I don't really like slower songs, especially when boy groups do it, but this song is magical. Please check them out if you've never heard of them
    9. G9 had one of the best debuts of 2017
    Out of nowhere this 9 membered girl group from a very small company came out with one of the best songs of the year. They have a colorful girl crush concept, kinda similar to Red Velvet. Their debut was really catchy, the choreography was fun, and they had so much energy. They also regularly post updates on YouTube so check them out if you have the chance.
    10. Quality of music is declining because people don't care about talent
    Every year, less and less people view vocal talent as a necessity for a group. There are other factors like charisma, visuals, variety skills, etc. that seem to be more important nowadays. And fans become especially defensive over mediocre performances. I'm not saying you have to be the greatest vocalist in the world for a group, but people should at least be stable when they sing. And because more and more artists are lip syncing, they never improve. ​

mirella, RainingStarlight and Emileh like this.
  2. Plushieless

Plushieless Celebrity

Currency:
    Eunji is definitely an underrated visual. Actually, even as a vocalist she is. Many seem to forget her name when asked about "the best kpop vocals", but she has such a good voice

YraRya_Jvv and Emileh like this.
  3. Emileh

Emileh In Love with Kim Woobin

Currency:
    unpopular opinion

idols =/= artists

SaviorTwice likes this.
  4. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Idol

Currency:
    True. She's definitely in my top 5

5. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Idol

Currency:
    What do you mean by that?

6. mirella

mirella Married to @Silverfang719

Currency:
    rap enthusiast
    Agree, although I think it's generally been like this for a while now, the visual-focused aspect at least. But eh, they are idol groups after all; expectations for talent and music aren't exactly sky high.

Emileh likes this.
  7. Emileh

Emileh In Love with Kim Woobin

Currency:
    Exactly what I mean by that. Idols are a product that companies pour money into turning into these perceived perfect human beings with an image they live up to the public. Many of these idols are told what to sing, what to dance, and have little say what they do. And let's be honest - talent is more an excuse to feel salty about how people aren't paying attention to the groups you want or are all over groups that outshine your own.

If kpop really was about talent and not image or a pretty face, then kpop wouldn't be where it is now today. People are quick to defend their mediocre groups? Well, aren't you quick to attack people and their taste? People are allowed to like what they like. I mean, look at Produce 101 and voting. You know what gets votes? Personality and looks.

What makes and kills a kpop group is overall their image and the personality they portray, the type of song they produce, and if people want what idols have to offer. Idols are a product. Not artists. Entertainment companies also treat them like they are a product. Yes, there are idols that are talented and go to become artists. But I'm speaking of the idol industry in general.

8. SaviorTwice

SaviorTwice Married to : @luvTWICE5H

Currency:
    Momo's wife, NAYOON stan, Yeji and Ryujin expert
    I agree with everything except the F(x) one. If SNSD can have a comeback with all of the members being busy then I think F(x) can manage

9. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Idol

Currency:
    Fair, but it took SNSD years to make a comeback and it was only for their 10th year anniversary which is something pretty huge, and now I don't think they'll ever really have a comeback now, especially with the members leaving the company.

SaviorTwice likes this.
  10. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Idol

Currency:
    I get what you're saying. When I refer to artist, I mean somebody who releases music.
    And no, I'm not quick to attack people and their taste. People can like whatever they want, I agree. However, there is an increasing number of singers who are not receiving proper vocal technique. On shows like produce 101, you can strain to hit the note and people freak out about how amazing you sound, but just because you can reach the note doesn't mean it sounds nice. That's what I mean by people not really caring about talent.