My thoughts on bts success

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by LadyS, Apr 6, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you think the new album will have more impact than LY: Her?

1. Yes

66 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. LadyS

LadyS Leader

Currency:
    it is 5.58 am and I should get up in 2 minutes but here I am narcissistically thinking about bts succes. I have been with them for 2 years now since HYYH and I’ve seen their rise at an incredible rate but this is truly the first time I am AFRAID of their success... I have no doubts we are about to experience another huge wave with this new album and I’m scared of the HEIGHTS they can reach and I’m not talking about winning awards or such but if their impact...

What do you guys think? I have to get up for breakfast now but I’ll let you discuss :)

2. oxygenize

oxygenize Public Figure

Currency:
    Zayn's saesang
    It's definitely going to have more of an impact their fanbase started to grow when DNA came out and now they have the fanbase they have now so I expect them to break a lot of records this comeback

Blabluegree likes this.
  3. Pinkl3monad3

Pinkl3monad3 Trainee

Currency:
    That's true, they rose very quickly! And the thing about their success is that, even though it was quick, it's not gimmicky. It's not like BTS had a viral moment that made people suddenly care about them. They literally climbed their way to the top. And they are still climbing lol :D

Chaittra and BPLEGENDS like this.
  4. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Super Rookie

Currency:
    When DNA was out their channel had like 5 mil subscribers now they have almost 11 mil , their fanbase almost doubled after DNA !!! so their next comeback will be biggest comeback ever ,
    In korean charts i don't know how they will perform but getting PAK will be still highly doubtful ;)

legendjekki and Chaittra like this.
  5. InfiresRedAngel

InfiresRedAngel Celebrity

Currency:
    Theorist, Activist
    The fanbase literally exploded after LY:Her, so there's no doubt that all the newbies are pretty damn excited for their first ever comeback. I remember when I experienced my first comeback, I went absolutely nuts and streamed like there was no tomorrow. I have no doubt that they'll do the same. Also, don't forget about sales- we had 1 million pre-orders last time, so this time the amount is going to be significantly larger

Chaittra likes this.
  6. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Celebrity

Currency:
    Mochi Bot
    I still find it hard to wrap my head around it, maybe because of the constant downplaying by other fandoms I don't know tbh? But I always force myself to lower my expectations with every comeback or opportunity, despite being able to feel the very obvious buzz and see the signs of an exponential growth every time. They always exceed even the wildest speculations I see floating around on the web, and I really don't know how that's possible? But I still can't bring myself to actually expect what my gut is telling me. I guess I'm just easily affected by the many naysayers and hypocrites. But hey, that way I never get disappointed :D

I never expected them to get this big to begin with. I always knew they had the potential to do great things, cause the things they made me feel and think is something I've never experienced in my 10 years of kpop, but yeah I just never expected it to become a reality. I had made myself content with just enjoying their music and the journey to self-discovery and happiness that they were taking me on.

I don't feel afraid of their success, at least not yet :p I'm mostly just in awe at the movement and growth I'm seeing. I've always wanted more people to benefit from the things BTS has taught me, so I'm happy they've reached the hearts of so many and only continue to affect more people.

7. Aryaofwinterfell

Currency:
    Actually I'm kinda worried. The expectations are too high with this one. I've also been an army for 2 years and the first comeback I experienced was Young forever and it was just as good as expected. But then cam BST which blew my mind away. Hopefully they have the impact that BST had. I mean the kind of growth they experienced post fire, I hope the same happens with their new album.

I am also feeling a bit uneasy about their new comeback....does anyone else feel the same or is it just me...?

v_anya, deadleaves and love_therapy like this.
  8. Guinhggf

Guinhggf Public Figure

Currency:
    I don't care about getting PAK at this moment. As long they make the song that I like, it's good enough for me. I will never be delusional for them cause they are not BB or YG groups.

With their success and achievements, I think I don't want to be greedy. Be grateful is more than enough.
    What i knew is, every group has their own specialty.

Lol at my neg.

yugurt, Blabluegree, AmmaAffa and 3 others like this.
  9. Vanessa526g

Vanessa526g Rookie

Currency:
    I honestly really don't care about a PAK. I don't why it's so important tbh (can you explain it's significance, please).
    Although they might not get that PAK, they will sure have longevity on the Korean charts. It's insane how well their songs do on the charts. Spring Day charts in the 40's-50's even though it was released February of last year, BST (Oct. 2016) is still charting and is currently the longest charting idol group song on Melon, DNA ((Sept. 2017) was in the 20's last month but dropped to the 40's due to all of these new releases, and TWO of their b-sides (Mic Drop and GO GO) is still charting. It shows how the general public is listening to BTS since their songs always rise during the day time and not during zombie hours when everyone is asleep. I would say that out of all of the idol groups, BTS has the best longevity.

10. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Super Rookie

Currency:
    PAK tell you how Gp loves you !! You can get the longevity from your fandom but if you are getting PAK , then it means Gp loves your song !! All top tier artist like BTS , EXO , RED VELVET , TWICE has very good longevity , even artist like Mamamoo have very good longevity so thats not the point coz streaming the song can maintain you in charts and that's what fandom do but Getting PAK is beyond fandom and more to General public ;)

legendjekki and love_therapy like this.
  11. Vanessa526g

Vanessa526g Rookie

Currency:
    Right!? When I became an ARMY last year in the beginning of February, they had JUST reached 4 million followers. Now they're about to reach 14 million followers on twitter. At that time, Fire had just reached 100 million views, making it their 2nd music video to reach that mark. Now they have 2 300M+ (ALMOST 4 with BST and Dope), 6 200M+, 4 100M+.
    Although kpop stans mocked BTS and their billboard award (along with the rest of their achievements in the US), it was literally a huge turning point for BTS. Their fandom grew exponentially.

12. Baek_5222

Baek_5222 Idol

Currency:
    24/7 Baekhyun Lover
    DEFINITELY! LY: Her was a more typical type of album (but still great) whereas this new album seems to be returning to their previous deep af storyline

Blabluegree likes this.
  13. Guinhggf

Guinhggf Public Figure

Currency:
    Okay... :rolleyes:

14. Vanessa526g

Vanessa526g Rookie

Currency:
    I disagree with this: "streaming the song can maintain you in charts and that's what fandom". I'm sorry but that's bs. If that was the case then how come no one broke Big Bang's record for the longest charting bg song of 10 years until BTS broke it with BST AND Spring Day...? EXO has a bigger Korean fandom than BTS and yet they couldn't break Big Bang's record. BTS' Blood Sweat and Tears even broke the record for the longest charting song for a group which was TWICE'S Cheer Up.
    Actually, EXO has the BIGGEST Korean fandom since they're the MOST followed artist on melon. Second place is IU then third is BTS. How come EXO's Power failed on the charts even though their fandom was streaming it like crazy at night. If the general public doesn't like a song then it will NOT last on the charts for a long time. The only songs that are still charting from over a year ago from groups are Winner's RR, which was in the high 80's but is now in the 40's due to their recent comeback (April 2017), BTS' Spring Day, which is in the 40's-50's(February 2017), and BTS' Blood Sweat and Tears, charting in the high 80's-low 990's, (Oct. 2016).

15. ribbonrolls

ribbonrolls Trainee

Currency:
    It’s significant because it’s hard to achieve; the timing of the release, the amount of simultaneous streaming, the impact of the song and how long the impact lasts depend solely on how much the Korean public loves it. It can’t be bought, it can’t be manipulated, it can’t be voted for. It’s important for bragging rights and a sure way to say you’ve got a hit among the general public. But that’s it. I honestly love it; it’s got a nice ring to it, you know? “Perfect all kill” :cool: That’s it, really, nothing else. Haha

Longevity’s not bad either. Heck it’s the only argument people can come up with as to why Spring Day won SOTY (aside from its “nice meaning”).

16. Sorrybae39

Sorrybae39 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Pak is meaningless when compared to album sales of 1.7m. You can still get grand prizes at MAMA, MMA, MA, GDA , KMA ....
    Getting Pak means the Korean gp likes the song ... so what? The Korean gp can't be bothered to vote so the group can win Daesang at the major award shows. You only boast about getting Pak when it's all you have got so far. BTS has moved beyond that already.

#16 Sorrybae39, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  17. Vanessa526g

Vanessa526g Rookie

Currency:
    True... but what's odd is that only kpop stans care about this. Most people, including the artist themselves, don't know what a PAK is and there has been many idols where they asked their Korean fans/international fans what is a PAK and why they were so happy that they got it.

18. ribbonrolls

ribbonrolls Trainee

Currency:
    That’s true. Charts may matter to artists only to the extent that doing well enough on the charts contribute to music show wins as they are part of the criteria, and the best example of an awards show that reflects chart performance is the Gaon awards for Best Artist of the month, like they show the numbers of the song that performed the best for that month. Getting a PAK will not give them money.

It’s really interesting how the recognition for charts and PAKs can change, though, because certain groups have been achieving AKs lately and it’s becoming a thing. Still no monetary benefit from it though XD

Vanessa526g likes this.
  19. Infire707

Infire707 Married to: Surprise_bitch

Currency:
    CLC and WayV promoter
    Long story short, this will pummel DNA and the last album and again, rob Expensive girl

LadyS likes this.
  20. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Super Rookie

Currency:
    that not bs !! that what fandom do dude !! if general public love bts then why didn't they get PAK !!! longevity can be done by fandom ( if you have big ) listening that song daily !! Yes BST is the exception but not all song !! Exo is also not loved either by General public , and melon is not only streaming site in korea remember that !!! Technically gaon chart is more precise way to judge and exo does better than BTS in that chart if u notice coz yes they have big fandom in terms of longevity !! and followers of melon doesn't signify anything dude !! Exo hasn't got a PAK either so even they are also charting because of their fandom !!! No body can break Big bang record coz they are actually loved by General public thats why ,

legendjekki likes this.