My opinion on NCT127

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by milqy, May 17, 2019.

?

Am I trippin?

1. Yeah, you are go wash that sunscreen from your eye

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Nahhh sis

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. milqy

milqy Celebrity

Currency:
    the mayor of ncity
    They are my faves, so I'll have to be unbiased, I'm sorry fellow NCTzens ,you might get triggered.

Vocal
    The vocal is incredibly talented, I feel every SM vocal is after all. Taeil is so talented, but Haechan sticks out more to me. Haechan has a feminine voice and reminds me of when I listen to Michael Jackson lmao. Taeil I feel comes around when he needs to do a high note or a lasting one and it bothers me cause he's better than that. Jungwoo could be a better vocal if they gave him a chance. Doyoung to be honest doesn't stick out me me unless he's doing song covers and those are average at best, maybe when he gets more comfortable at English they will get better.

Dance
    NCT is a dance heavy group, I think every single one of them are great, they look like they could be performing for hours and they never look tired. Stability on stage is amazing and I could tell SM wanted this group to be dance heavy. However, I think Yuta is under used, in his bio it says he's lead dancer but I almost never see him in the center, c'mon now. Also I think Jungwoo should take center when doing soft concepts (he should've been in touch, shut up Susan)

Rap

Best in this generation, don't @ me I always see people limiting them to just their company, and that's not right. Mark proved himself on HighSchool Rapper and Taeyong shows his talent on tracks that are solo. However again, I see it says that Yuta is a lead rapper and I never hear him. Also, I keep seeing that people think Taeyong's voice is annoying but I love it, I can always tell it's him when I hear him. Johnny shouldn't be rapper in my opinion he trained as a singer and that's what he should do, because he doesn't add much as a rapper.

So what's the issue with NCT 127?

Filler members. I feel some of the members ( I won't say who I dont wanna be dragged) are just to take up space. I think they could be center if put in another group but SM pulled in so much talent with this group but didn't think about what would happen after.

I give NCT a 7.4/10

2. SooYoung

SooYoung GG Trash

Currency:
    Kicking ass like bruce lee with the 127 squad
    Doyoung doesn't really stand out because his voice is more use for harmonizing NCT line vocal

Yuta is a really great dancer it obvious in the way he move but yes he's never in the center, he was during Simon says so i hope it's a step in the good direction to give more center to yuta

THIS !!!!!

I'm not a rap expert to say that they are exceptionnally good but People only try to look down on them by suing the " they are very good for sm"
    while they are above average to me Mark receive the support of real pro who find him enough talented to go against Underground rapper
    And Taeyong rap skills are not limited to NCT songs, his pre debut rap video was very good

3. CROW

CROW Super Rookie

Currency:
    just say, i'm curious~

sonemariam and looneyjoons like this.
  4. taeyongies

taeyongies Super Rookie

Currency:
    "Filler member"
    *logs out*

5. milqy

milqy Celebrity

Currency:
    the mayor of ncity
    girrrlll you want me dragged
    if this thread doesnt flop i will say

CROW likes this.
  6. looneyjoons

looneyjoons Trendsetter

Currency:
    no i think not as a whole but in a subunit, a lot of talent gets wasted if you´re not giving members lines or anything

sonemariam and SooYoung like this.
  7. looneyjoons

looneyjoons Trendsetter

Currency:
    tell the filler members! just be polite (which you´re doing) and you will be fine

sonemariam, Kas2850 and CROW like this.
  8. CROW

CROW Super Rookie

Currency:
    nah, no point if you say it to no one~ then no one can discuss~

i'd say that there are quite a few members that have the potential/skill to be more than filler members but get treated like filler members (not in all comebacks but in some~ i think the subunits should typically be small, like nct u/wayv)

sonemariam likes this.
  9. milqy

milqy Celebrity

Currency:
    the mayor of ncity
    fine since it was so tempting in the first place. Jungwoo (that hurts so much to say), Yuta, and Johnny are filler to me. I love every single member so much but they often get overshadowed by the others in pretty much every way. If they were in another group, they would be centers (especially Jungwoo) and would have more lines.

10. CROW

CROW Super Rookie

Currency:
    if i were to list some, i would've listed the exact same. that's how i see it too; they're just kind of there most of the time, even though they would be great if they were actually given some lines to work with hahah smh

but i'm honestly okay with some of the members not really doin a whole lot in some songs (because sometimes the dances just look better~) i just want them to get enough lines that they're happy u feel?

looneyjoons likes this.
  11. nct_is_coming

nct_is_coming Public Figure

Currency:
    Yuta is a vocalist not a rapper and I wish more people knew how good he is plus he is one of NCT best dancers imo. Johnny is also a dancer and he both sings and raps in nct songs but his position is actually a vocalist not rapper as he was obviously trained as such.

Agree with you on Mark and Taeyong's rap btw. They are not just SM best but outside of that they are also really good.

Iconic.

#11 nct_is_coming, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    sonemariam likes this.
  12. sophrodite

sophrodite Rookie

Currency:
    Couch's Potato
    Funny how the one filler member I was thinking of wasn't mentioned..
    127 could be separated into two groups no problem
    I'm guessing they have so many members because Yuta, John, and Mark might leave or become inactive eventually to help form the new units.

13. looneyjoons

looneyjoons Trendsetter

Currency:
    who is the one you´re thinking?

14. looneyjoons

looneyjoons Trendsetter

Currency:
    agreed! i would also say kun, but now he is in wayv

15. SooYoung

SooYoung GG Trash

Currency:
    Kicking ass like bruce lee with the 127 squad
    i wouldn't say that Johnny and yuta are filler

since Yuta is an addition to the Dance line and a support vocal (Taeyong+ yuta + jaehyun)
    and Johnny is a support to the rapper line ( Taeyong + mark + Johnny)

but i agree about Jungwoo i love him but compare to yuta and johnny to me he is a filler member because Yuta and Johnny role is to complete the vocal line
    but jungwoo was a "useless" addition because the vocal line in NCT 127 is already overcrowd with Jaehyun, haechan, taeil, doyoung and all the other member who serve as support vocalist it's more than enough

keyboard and sonemariam like this.
  16. Hwall

Hwall Idol

Currency:
    High school
    They are good rappers but they hurt my ears sorry
    Vocal.>>>>>>>>

17. laursynct

laursynct Rookie

Currency:
    I have to agree with this and it hurts me they don’t as much lines or centre time as the others

18. aylabkeypap4ebs

aylabkeypap4ebs Super Rookie

Currency:
    it's clear that Jungwoo would be the center if they will do another soft concept since he basically started the song, sang in the pre chorus and chorus and even sang in the bridge basically all the parts a center would sing in Welcome to my playground

#18 aylabkeypap4ebs, May 17, 2019
    uwu09867 and sonemariam like this.
  19. aylabkeypap4ebs

aylabkeypap4ebs Super Rookie

Currency:
    I'm a Jungwoo stan but I actually think sm just added him to the group to make up for winwin's absence. He basically went from having 25 seconds of solo lines in boss with decent amount of center time to having 8 seconds of line in Superhuman with 5 second of it being shared with Doyoung leaving him just only 3 seconds of solo line and was always at the back or at the side in the entire choreo. I honestly feel sorry for him since sm is basically hiding the potential he has cuz let's be honest if he debuted in other groups he would be the visual, center, main vocal, lead/main dancer, he can also rap pretty decently despite being a vocal and with the variety skills he has it's safe to say that he can also be the face of the group. I feel like sm don't really have any plans for him and just added him to make up for that "gauranteed debut" tag jungwoo has after passing the weekly auditions, I mean he has already been on 3 comebacks but I don't see any improvement, don't get me started with his styling cuz it gets worst every comeback it's like sm is not even trying with him

#19 aylabkeypap4ebs, May 17, 2019
    uwu09867 and keyboard like this.
  20. bangtantwicepink

Currency:
    NCT is pretty amazing. Unique concepts and discography, extremely talented and good-looking members and SM has been promoting them very well lately. Their system and the number of members are their only weaknesses. If SM had debuted NCT as a normal group with 7-9 members and zero sub-units, they'd be a lot bigger. People are intentionally side-stepping them because of the complicated concept. SM created a group where their "brand" is more important than the individual members and that's a turn off. Also, people are always going to be hesitant to stan a group with an unstable line-up. Especially considering SM's history.

MassiveKpopFan, sonemariam and Zsh like this.