My Advice To CL. Stop Being Pretentious.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by emanresu, Feb 16, 2018.

1. emanresu

emanresu Icon

My Advice To CL. Stop Being Pretentious.

[​IMG]

Allkpop Article

You can be an asshole. You can be ostentatious. You can be confidant. You can be humble. You can be crazy. You can be artistic.

You can be a lot of things and people will love you for it.

But nothing irks people more than pretentiousness.

Only the most devoted find that appealing.

To everyone else....

They roll their eyes or find it genuinely off-putting.

It will overshadow all else you do in the perception of others if you present yourself and what you do in a pretentious light.

They won't see. Won't hear it. Won't care about it.

All they will see is your pretentious manner and how in their assessment you do not measure up to the height you so seek.

So. CL.

Drop the whole "representing Asians in America" and "opening doors in America" angle and just focus on being you and being successful for yourself and your fans.

If you claim other motivations you will be taken to task for it and you'll alienate more than you would gain.

Whether you succeed or not, only time will tell.

Best of luck.

Eman.

Note: This is not a "bashing CL" thread. This is a thread offering my thoughts as to how I would advise her if I were her PR manager. I honestly hope she finds the success she seeks.

#1 emanresu, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Being Multi-fandom
    I’m confused, she mentioned a few times in that article that she was putting her own touches on it - putting her dash of CL. You can have goals and hope to pave path ways while still being intact with yourself and wanting to add your own touch to your music.

Or maybe I’m not understanding what you’re trying to say.

lizvip, Munch_kin, babyiez and 7 others like this.
  3. mirella

mirella Married to @Silverfang719

rap enthusiast
    Lmaooo I geddit :cryingr:

But yeah, I agree. She should just make the music she wants and forget caring about representing Asians or whatever.

I support her decision to record an English album, but if I'm being completely honest I don't see the point since it's really difficult to break in the American mainstream, especially if you're an Asian artist.

CL was already well-known in Korea; YG should have given her multiple solo comebacks to firmly establish her in the public eye. But now time has passed, and it's already too late.

estheram and randomstrang3r like this.
  4. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

Idol
    I think she can still make it in Korea if she makes a comeback with solid music not the mediocre style. I mean, Korea has no female soloist who can be as bad as CL on stage. The other soloists just have different styles.

lizvip, randomstrang3r and mirella like this.
  5. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

Idol
    CL is just annoying.

6. SSGDAVESSG

SSGDAVESSG Rookie

true, why is she trying to pave the way for asians in the us market? first its seems like a path is opening thanks to bts, and second maybe not all kpop artists want to suceed in the us, her objective should be releasing music not paving paths for others when she doesnt even release music

7. ForgottenSoul

another cl bashing thread this is new.

babyiez, dudewhat and mirella like this.
  8. emanresu

emanresu Icon

I see it more as constructive criticism rather than bashing.

But one man's terrorist is another man's patriot.

9. ForgottenSoul

she never said anything about representing asians there and as she said she wants to do it regardless of success.

I do agree though about the Korea thing.

i agree if Sunmi can do well so can she.

she never said that though? and BTS opened no path for anyone in the US they are doing well but still barely relevant.

sonemariam likes this.
  10. choi_yuna_bias

choi_yuna_bias I am the bone of my sword

Archer's Master
    As much as I love CL, I really hate it when she does things like this. The reason why 2NE1 was even recognized in the US in the first place is because they were being 2NE1 and not trying to conform to the American market. She's just trying too hard at this point. All of her English releases sucked especially that pathetic excuse of a song where they just put G-Dragon in it for the lulz. She better release a Hello Bitches and not some mediocre Lifted song soon.

estheram and risingtaeyang like this.
  11. LuhanHobiarelife

LuhanHobiarelife Trendsetter

Tbh I honestly don't think she will make it big in America like this she's being too much of a try hard and blend in.Doors what doors.Bts and Kris have already opened the doors this year and done much more far beyond that. Bts didn't get successful and break in the english by singing in english their korean essence is what Plus amazing social media marketing is the reason for their unimaginable success.
    Kris Wu is an amazing dark horse too.He's come in strong supporting roles in XXX Valerian and also hit No.1 on the iTunes chart us(Before came in the billboard hip hop chart. Btw BTS is destroying and opening doors left right and centre for korean artists and the Only Artist to thank for doors for asians being opened in USA for koreans is only BTS.No other act has even had success even close to bts in the usa except Kris and Psy.Overall in the bigger picture Kris contributed to

12. Puffinseyoo

Puffinseyoo Newbie

these 12 year old girls just jealous because she is chasing her dreams while they are just watching cringy fanmade vids of bts on youtube

13. arief71p

arief71p Trainee

can you explain it in more simple manner ?

14. ExoticPride

ExoticPride ❂Snake Lord❂

♛Royalty Stan♛
    It’s hilarious how she acted like she was big shit and representing Korea in America ... but she hasn’t have a comeback in years.
    Also shaming Asians and trying to look better than all of them... she is pretentious.

15. ForgottenSoul

Why do people act like fucking trying to hard is some bad thing? she should just walk half ass into america like WG and SNSD,

You hate that she wants to follow her dream and goal, this blind hate is truly baffling.

Kris Wu did nothing and got pretty lucky he will do nothing in America same for BTS , lets be real neither of these acts are known by many Americans.

BTS would be nothing without Big Bang,SNSD,2NE1 etc.. who opened kpop to the western world, you are also comparing a boy group that can basically rely on good look's and acting cute to a female rapper/pop star.

I see nothing wrong with her saying she wants to create a path for more Kpop artists to enter america , anyone finding issue with that is just looking to hate.

16. ForgottenSoul

She never shamed Asians she stated a fact and she never she was representing Korea , she said she wants to make a path which is bad to say.

Blind hater.

17. emanresu

emanresu Icon

I'm 29 and male.

But if you'd like to view me as a jealous 12 year old girl I guess that's your prerogative.

;)

18. gdhimu

gdhimu Public Figure

I thought you did not care about these kinda things

but aren't all celebs pretentious to some extent?

shannnnt, babyiez and jenstals like this.
  19. LuhanHobiarelife

LuhanHobiarelife Trendsetter

top 10 on iTunes 200 still charting Mic drop and DNA gold Mic drop charting 10 weeks top 30 billboard and immense radioplay you are just deluded if you think bts didn't make it
    BTS- First korean Boyband to perform in the AMA
    BTS- First K pop group in ELLEN
    BTS- First Korean act in Jimmy Kimmel
    BTS- First Kpop group in Billboard
    BTS- First Asian artist to be awarded in Billboard awards
    First Korean act to get double Gold
    Luck Huh you delusional salty fool
    AND WHY THE FUCK SHOULD THEY THANK ANYONE ELSE.Sorry to break it to you but no other Korean act except Psy even comes close to bts in terms of success they shouldn't thank anyone but themselves they paved the bloody the way for themselves.
    The reason they got successful is not talking about stereotypical love songs like 99% of kpop groups do(Lyrics wise the only two groups I even like in K.POP are just B.A.P and BTS) but instead they talked about suicide depression Struggles etc.
    Look at Mic drop definitely not acting cute
    Bts is the world's most popular boy group right now not kpop so you're just pressed af by their success

And Kris Wu is lucky No bitch he worked hard had a amazing marketing plan and entered the us market successfully without being a pretentious try hard.Kris Wu deserves all of it and even performed at the Super Bowl and has his own burberry collab now.

20. ForgottenSoul

Welldone

BTS did all that , if Big Bang,SNSD,SJ,TVXQ did not have some western success and if KPOP did not become more known would BTS have had the chance?

BTS got popular due to catching the attention of already made Kpop fans aka the fans of those groups and more.

BTS have success but still nugu level in "America" i never said they should thank anyone but without group's before them they would not have had the chance to be known in America and that is a fact.

Im really not pressed and i talk in facts , when a BTS single makes top 10 ill say they made it otherwise everything else is mostly happened due to social media strength.

SNSD went on Kelly , David Letterman

Big Bang won two EMA's etc..

If you think these groups did nothing to help BTS you are truly deluded, Mic drop is charting due to streaming power when they hit top 10 ill give BTS more credit but they are still barely known.

#20 ForgottenSoul, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018