Multifandoms vs One-Group-Only Stans

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Deeery, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Deeery

Deeery Super Rookie

For as long as I can remember I've never confined myself to one group/artist only. Of course there's nothing wrong with dedicating yourself to only one group, I just couldn't understand how people manage to focus on only one artist when there's so many interesting performers around. But that was okay, after all there's a chance that people who like only one group simply didn't found any other artist enjoyable enough to stan them. I completely get that and I've never, not even once tried to attack anyone who focused on supporting only one group. After all it's their choice. Maybe in the future they will find themselfs liking other artists as well. Who knows?

But then can't it work both ways? I'm not shading you for supporting only one artist or/and belonging to only one fandom. I'm not judging you for it. So can you please just do me a favor and mind your own business as well? Can you not judge me for being able to like more than one group and enjoying music just like I'm supposed to? You, no matter how many times you will tell yourself otherwise, aren't any better fan than those who aren't limiting themselfs to one group only. We are all the same. If I feel like I want to be both EXO-L, ARMY and whoever else I want too it's my fucking business and you have no say whether I'm a real fan or not. If I want to be a part of both fandoms, if I want to support both groups - I will. What's the point with saying you aren't claiming a multi like me? Who even are you to decide whether I can belong to a fandom or not? Seriously it's just so messed up how kpop fandoms became smth similar to a cult and what's even worse is how people are proud of it. Like what's there to be proud of?

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against fans who support only one group. I don't understand it but I'm not judging them for what they do. It's their business. But it's the same for me. I might be a multi but it's my business. I'm not doing any harm for liking more than one artist so I would be grateful if some of you could stop treating me and every multi for that matter as if we are someone less worthy than you.
    Thank you.

2. princesslia20

princesslia20 Rookie

Okay woow multis acting like a victim like they haven't been on ppl who Stan one group since 2017, look I am multis as well but they can be toxic af and also what multis don't realize is that music nowadays isn't just about music well it never was just about music, I are free to Stan and support whatever group u want but tell me if ifans were multis would groups be as successful as they are sorry just wanted to rant as well

hughbee27 likes this.
  3. Deeery

Deeery Super Rookie

Okay, first. Why are you using collective responsibility? Am I in any way responsible for whatever other multifandoms did in the past? Why I have to be attacked and judged for something I didn't do? I've never disrespected people who support only one group I've never judged them for it so I suppose it's only natural that I expect people to respect my choices and not judge me as well, right?
    Second, what's with you saying music isn't about music only? Are you trying to say it's about records and awards? Maybe for you and that's fine but for me music is just that - music, hobby not a damn competition.

4. Sameera96

Sameera96 Idol

Cool I don’t see problem with either.

Currently I only stan BTS.
    But I listen to a bunch of western artists. Kpop artists not to much just the odd song here and their.

B0TMY, SunnyLife, PandaZorde and 2 others like this.
  5. Taegifan

Taegifan Super Rookie

I only really stan bts but i listen to all other music its not that deep. I dont want to read all that.

B0TMY, V_Sobi, SunnyLife and 4 others like this.
  6. MassiveKpopFan

MassiveKpopFan Trendsetter

Student
    There is literally no way to do that for me. there's too much talent to support only one group

7. MassiveKpopFan

MassiveKpopFan Trendsetter

Student
    who hurt you? multis are not Satan incarnate

Angela_Cao and Sunmis_elven_ear like this.
  8. boringgirl

boringgirl Celebrity

Produce Trash
    I don’t see a problem with only stanning one group and I don’t see a problem with stanning multiple either. Happiness comes in different sizes for people and my happiness comes from all the groups I love and happiness for other people might just only come from the only group they love and it’s fine.

9. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Celebrity

:sweatr:

MassiveKpopFan likes this.
  10. daphca17

daphca17 Trainee

Last time I check multi is the one that act like they something special if they Stan many group.
    But i agree At the end of days people can do what they want so people should mind their business.

11. Deeery

Deeery Super Rookie

What? Did I wrote it wrong? I'm not native english speaker so there might be mistakes idk

hughbee27 likes this.
  12. didi2802

didi2802 Celebrity

However, why should we put labels on ourselves, such as "multifandom" or "one-group-only stan"? If I call myself an EXO-L who enjoys listening to other groups I am still an EXO-L, if I enjoy only EXO then again, I'm still part of their fandom. And no one should question my musical tastes and judge me based on that. I don't give a fuck about fanwars or whatever disputes there are between bigger communities of fans, I'm not a sheep to follow the blind hate of other fans, just because why? We have similar music tastes? No thanks.

No one has the right to decide which person is a "real" fan or a "fake" fan for a K-pop group. And no one should act superior just because they like more groups/only one group. It's just music and people should stop giving so much importance to it. But judging from 50% of the threads that exist around and Twitter, it looks like some people dedicate their lives to K-pop and worship it like there's nothing else going on in their lives.

#12 didi2802, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  13. Deeery

Deeery Super Rookie

I agree. We are all the same and liking only one group or more than one - it doesn't matter, both are fine as long as they make us happy. That's why I don't understand why both one-group-only stans and multis are feeling superior than the other and are constantly fighting with one another. Like it's only music...

Angela_Cao likes this.
  14. Deeery

Deeery Super Rookie

Okay I understand but why are you using collective responsibility? Why are you telling me about smth I didn't do? If some multis were immature and rude to people that support only one group that's their problem, not mine. I've never attacked them for liking only one group, I always respected them so I believe it wouldn't hurt them to do the same to me and others.

Angela_Cao and Gold_Chilli like this.
  15. nochutae

nochutae Trainee

personally, for me to be able to stan a group i need to feel a strong connection with the members themselves on top of liking most of their music, and the only group who managed to do both for me is BTS, that's why i only stan them and am just a casual listener to other kpop groups.

#15 nochutae, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    B0TMY, SunnyLife, PandaZorde and 3 others like this.
  16. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Celebrity

Well it depends what you wanted to convey. Don't worry your English is good. :p

17. dancingbella23

dancingbella23 Super Rookie

Pirate King
    I usually have one main group where I put in like 80% of my attention and money towards, then the rest 20% are for other groups that I really like but am too broke/no time to support 100%. It doesn't mean I don't spend money on other groups, I just can't buy multiple albums so I usually settle for digital and concerts. I think it's a good balance. I get to concentrate on my fav, but also I don't miss out on other talents

Angela_Cao, Heamic08 and Deeery like this.
  18. Sunmis_elven_ear

People who have problems with multis should check themselves into the nearest mental hospital

Gold_Chilli likes this.
  19. Deeery

Deeery Super Rookie

I completely agree with you. Actually that's what I wanted to say as well but I'm not really good with words so...

Anyway, the whole point is - People should remember that music is a hobby not a competition. I listen to many artists because I find their music enjoyable and I find myself liking the artist as well. And if I feel like I want to be a fan and join the fandom I can and I WILL. And no one can tell me, you or anyone for that matter, that we can't join the fandom, that we aren't real fans because we dared to like other artists as well.
    Like I love EXO but I also adore BTS and there's nothing stopping me from being a fan of them both, joining both fandoms and enjoying their music like I'm supposed to.

20. IU_UI

IU_UI Super Rookie

None is better than the other.

People should just stan who they want and that's it.

Angela_Cao, B0TMY, AmmaAffa and 4 others like this.