Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Money Issues: Wanna one & I.O.I

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by haylucky, Mar 19, 2018.

1. haylucky

haylucky Icon

From wannna one issue we have gathered money payments but I’m thinking about IOI
    Man like we’re they pooor
    Summary
    3 things we need to focus on:

Wanna one are only getting 20%
    Not getting paid
    They make wasaayyyy more then IOI did too

1. We need to be alarmed that they still haven't received their income and haven't gotten the chance to sleep. Lack of sleep comes in the territory when you're an idol but not letting anyone sleep enough is a problem and can be considered as slave labour.

This is what people are focusing on but the one above let’s talk
    2. Calling out the sasaeng's car plate and model: although Gualin has every right to be angry, he might get into legal trouble if someone else decided to keep this detail and use it in malicious intent.

3. The handjob comment. There must have been female staff on the scene and if anyone felt offended by it, it's sexual harassment and misogynistic. The comment was not a mistranslation, nor it's not an "misheard" word- I listened to the audio when it was "slowed down" but it still sounds like 대딸각. I'm a native speaker and there's no excuse for this.

#1 haylucky, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  2. JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey Public Figure

thnk you! I've wanted someone to explain this properly for hours! If you don't mind can you explain what they actually said? The article isn't very clear... what did they say about handjobs and which member said it?

3. haylucky

haylucky Icon

Daniel said why are we not being paid while Jihoon said why 20% and why are not being paid our salaries And Ong and Jihoon about he packed schedule

JakeyWantsCakey likes this.
  4. ARMY_FORCE

ARMY_FORCE Trainee

if anyone is being paid little it's the workers that deal with all this everyday and make their schedules and makeup and other stuff and get paid peanuts while the group is so popular even 20% is a fortune. and you think the other idols don't have lack of sleep? i've heard of some idols only sleeping 3 hours a day because of busy schedules and what do you expect during comeback period? like it's not going to be all flowers are roses

5. JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey Public Figure

Yeah, I think it is kinda crappy that they're not getting paid on time but the 20% thing is down to bad contracts, we all know the P101 contestants have to sign really unfair contracts in order to participate, it caused a controversy during season 1 so this shouldn't really come as a shock to anyone. I understand that they're are in a very extreme situation a the minute but there is still no excuse for the cursing and especially not any sexual comments.