Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

“Momoland won’t last long”

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Lubby00, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

I see this a lot within every Momoland thread & it’s pretty obnoxious. Like if they’re are nugu as you say they are, why would you feel the need to be threatened by that (you pretty much confirm they aren’t)? Also it’s pretty sad when you want a group that’s done no harm to anyone to fail. Finally there aren’t any mind readers here, so no one should be sure on who is or isn’t a one hit wonder anyway. Overall it’s annoying and needs to end (though it’ll be funny if their next comeback has them slaying again)

2. mirella

mirella Artist

rapline enthusiast
    K-pop fans should stop trying to predict the future, because it's getting ridiculous.

3. Milk

Milk Artist

plz......plz say it again for those in the back

4. Moya_chin

Moya_chin Super Rookie

University Student
    Kpop stans love to try and predict the future and it's annoying as fuck, tbh. Personally, I think that Momoland's success just depends on their next comeback; they have the momentum, they just need the right song.

Either way Bboom Bboom it's a bop, and koreans like it so...

[​IMG]

randomstrang3r and Milk like this.
  5. Alliyahloveskpop

The main reason Koreans like boom boom is cause sounds like MIMIMI. And that song was actually the highest charting foreign song on a korean chart . So of course , no surprise Koreans like that kind of tune

6. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Artist

'Bboom Bboom' is an undeniable hit, and whatever Momoland does next, they'll have people watching them! Sure, they might end up as a one hit wonder, but I think it's much too soon to tell. Their next song could just as well further their momentum and turn them into a lasting success! Personally, I really liked 'Bboom Bboom,' and some of their other songs are pretty catchy. So I'm rooting for them to make it big, both because I like them and because I like any nugu which improbably rises to success. I wish this kind of thing would happen more often in Kpop; everyone loves an underdog, and more successful groups produce a healthier industry :)

That said, I don't think everyone who discusses Momoland as a one-hit wonder feels "threatened," per se. I think a lot of people just don't give a crap about Momoland one way or another, and don't have high expectations because many groups do flop after a singular hit. I don't blame them for being cynical or take any offense -- but I look forward to Momoland (hopefully) proving them wrong! Regardless of how many one-hit wonders litter the history of music, every group was unknown once. You gotta start somewhere!

randomstrang3r likes this.
  7. KawaiiSamii

Neither side is right or wrong. Lets not put your foot in your mouth. Crayon Pop stans were saying the same stuff and popping off but then went silent as hell after their next song came out. Don't take this L by being bold so early.

Cupidbow and mirella like this.
  8. Hermes1

Hermes1 Star

Momoland win #1 + Performances from February 23rd 'Music Bank'!
    By elliefilet 5 hours ago 6,917 1,839 115
    [​IMG]

'Music Bank' is back for its weekly show featuring performances by your favorite artists.

On this episode, CLC made a comeback with "Black Dress", Weki Meki returned with "La La La", BoA made her long-awaited comeback with "One Shot, Two Shot", Yoseob returned solo with "Where You're Gone", NCT U came back with "Boss", Kang Min Hee made her comeback with "Toddle", and Hong Jin Youngreturned with "Goodbye".

As for the winners, the iKON and Momoland were the nominees, but it wasMomoland who took the win with "Bboom Bboom"! Congratulations to Momoland!

Performers of the night were: Golden Child, Gugudan, VAV, Jung Se Woon, fromis_9, The East Light, Momoland, N.Flying, Rainz, Target, Uni+ B, Uni+ G, Girlkind, and HINT.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/02/momoland-win-1-performances-from-february-23rd-music-bank

180223 MOMOLAND (모모랜드) - No.1 @ Music Bank

9. K_Pop_Captain

Momoland could well be a one hit wonder now....

Daisy likes this.
  10. fanforlife

fanforlife Trainee

lol say what you want but the fact that they like isnt gonna change just because a bit of the song sounds like another.
    and at least the song got recognition unlike your fav's (mons....x...ugghmmm cough cough)

persona1418 likes this.
  11. fanforlife

fanforlife Trainee

they could be and it could be the opposite as well if their company doesn't f*** up their next comeback and keeps their activities consistent.
    we never know you know..

persona1418 and Mergs like this.
  12. Alliyahloveskpop

I don’t only like them . I like Exo , red velvet shinee and seventeen. And yes they all get recognition too sweetie.

13. fanforlife

fanforlife Trainee

it took red velvet such a long time to get recognized despite coming from sm. really quite sad if you think about it.
    and exo and shinee are from another era. seventeen have yet to impress with their SONG (not album)

persona1418 likes this.
  14. Hermes1

Hermes1 Star

No one hit wonder - a smart marketing placement
    (in the right place at the right time)

MOMOLAND(모모랜드) - "뿜뿜(BBoom BBoom)" Dance Practice

15. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

16. FTJ

FTJ Entertainer

Shinsadong Tiger has a ton of debt so i'm sure he's trying to make the next greatest hit for Momoland.

tzuyonce likes this.
  17. Skinner17

Skinner17 Artist

The attack toward momoland just getting ridiculous...some stans need to chill. Their oppar and Unnir from big companies will be fine regardless momoland will flop or not.

persona1418 and Lubby00 like this.
  18. ElineQute

ElineQute Super Rookie

Momoland probably will just like another Crayon Pop. Unless they have another big hit song on their next album.

Mergs and Kokopuffs like this.
  19. TechNerd

TechNerd Trainee

The hate Momoland is getting of late is really out of control. Just as an observation, anytime a girl group from a smaller company starts to do well or heaven forbid have a hit record or win a music show award, there is an element of Kpop fan that will literally go nuts.

I don't know whether it has to do with a sense of entitlement some fans have that only their oppa's should win awards or be recognized as #1 or what. It's just that the claws come out and it become a no-holds-barred takedown of that group - either by innuendo, rumor, insults, accusations, unworthiness as a group - you name it.

That last win that Momoland had on Music Bank was pathetic. They looked absolutely shell-shocked and depressed with that win given the hard time they have received over the past 2 weeks.

persona1418 and Lubby00 like this.
  20. Bunny_Senpai

Bunny_Senpai Trainee

They won't </3