✦✧Moderation Feedback & Suggestions Thread✧✦

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Super_Junior_15x, May 14, 2018.

1. Super_Junior_15x

Super_Junior_15x ♡ Justice ♡
    . Head Moderator

Currency:
    Heey
    So, let us take them one by one ^^

When I give an answer to these, it truthfully isn't because we don't like to do it, but because we are VERY limited by options on the forum, because admin went mia on us and we can't do much without addons that cost money
    You should get a notification whenever a commend when your message is deleted or edited
    Though when it comes to other people's messages, that isn't an option; we can manually send notifications when we solve reports; but it would require more time from us - but it is a possibility we are discussing
    Reports are never ignored; either resolved or rejected - but not ignored

When it comes to deleted comments of yours; you won't be able to, because then you would be able to read everybody elses deleted comments too; and beside that it comes with other tools as well; which are restricted for moderators only
    Tho I would like to look into it further, since it might be possible - maybe we can find a loophole in order to make it possible, since I agree it is nice to see deleted comments of your own
    Until then, you're always free to ask if you want, we always try our best to find the deleted comments if users ask ~

But thank you for your suggestions; they are much appreciated!

Rolex likes this.
  2. Rolex

Rolex A-List

Currency:
    Patiently waiting for any changes in the future ~

Super_Junior_15x likes this.
  3. Elizabeth_Xin

Elizabeth_Xin Married to @ImDaOne

Currency:
    It will not prevent anyone who already is wanting to see that content. If they want to see 18+ content they click on 18+ threads, and they will bypass restrictions like really really easily. The blocks aren't there to prevent people from seeing content but to make sure that the creators aren't liable for what the person sees, since it's their choice. It should be up to the user what they see, not the mods. If the mods start restricting the viewing of any kind of content that doesn't even break rules, that's a slippery slope.

dooh and Super_Junior_15x like this.
  4. Karla

Karla Super Rookie

Currency:
    I don’t think it did, but sorry if some of your message got dragged into mine below, I had an issue with quoting and replying.

I’ve never put forward that a block would stop every minor from being able to access explicit content. But just because it won’t, that doesn’t mean it’s not worth having a block.

Is a block just for creators protection or also because it has been deemed societally responsible to put up block age restrictions so to protect minors from explicit content among other types of content because of the damage that that type of content can do to minors if they are exposed to such content?!

It is people’s responsibility for what they click, but minors among others, due to their age and development may not always fully have the knowledge to know what clicking something will lead to and what things mean and they need to be protected.

Elizabeth_Xin likes this.
  5. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    Can we have some sort of sticky thread on why a topic has been removed (especially if it was for causing fanwars/bashing) and a rule that doesn't allow response threads? Or just one of those really.
    It seems that removing a topic only does so much because it's followed by 10 other threads basically recycling the topic and shitting on the other group.

6. Super_Junior_15x

. Head Moderator

Currency:
    Can you elaborate a bit more on the thread idea?
    We remove threads when they don't follow the rules
    and we do have a rule against response threads ^^

7. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    Essentially when threads get removed some people may miss what had happened and then there's a confusion as to why there's like 5 different threads on the same topic (and seemingly replying to each other). It may be useful for context to have a 'pinned' thread to threads recently removed/closed and the reasons and what that thread was about. I don't really follow many other threads that have as many response threads like the BP and Twice vocals, but some threads get closed because people disagree/derail despite them having an interesting discussion beforehand so it may also allow for threads to sort of continue without the issue that had them closed (assuming that people don't derail the thread again or that it was a bashing thread).

I think mainly it would help for the response threads that often seem to follow after a closure but I could see it working in other situations too.
    Sorry if I'm not very good at explaining too >->

8. Super_Junior_15x

. Head Moderator

Currency:
    You explained just fine dw - I can see what you mean
    I will take it up for discussion with the fellow moderation team; it might be a possibility, tho it would take up more time, especially when we hit the 30+ reports at a time; but we lose nothing by looking further into it ^^
    Thanks for your suggestion! ~

9. Adu

Adu Ace Of Hearts

Currency:
    Idk if it would be too time consuming or anything but do you think it would be a good idea to introduce one big discussion thread for bigger groups each time they come back? it would make it easier for you as well to not merge the thousand threads made a day or maybe have the tech team introduce a new little section under Kpop called comeback discussions so it doesn't fill up the main board

10. propanda

propanda Very Important Panda

Currency:
    I get what you mean, there is usually lot of duplicates around comebacks, but in other hand one big discussion thread would likely be just the comeback thread or do you think there should be discussion thread about comeback seperate of the comeback thread?

11. Adu

Adu Ace Of Hearts

Currency:
    comeback threads are more a discussion area for the fandom itself, i mean like a seperate section/thread for it where just casual listeners or ones that haven't heard of them can talk together through quoting and such

propanda likes this.
  12. propanda

Currency:
    I'm not sure if fandom and casual listeners should be seperated to two threads about same comeback personally, but I think it would be good if threads made about big comebacks could be limited someway.

@LeeriaYa @ilovebread @Super_Junior_15x Do you have ideas about this?

LeeriaYa, ilovebread and Adu like this.
  13. Adu

Adu Ace Of Hearts

Currency:
    I mean from what I've noticed the comeback threads are just initial reactions to the comeback and some back and forth talking abotu mostly the same thing just with a few people from the fandom which get lesser each day.
    By having a general comeback thread discussion for bigger groups could allow people from the fandom, casual listener, new people, people who wanna voice their more negative opinions etc. all in one place, it might sound messy but discussion should be easy to handle by simply quoting

ilovebread and propanda like this.
  14. E.DEN

E.DEN Trendsetter

Currency:
    @Eziio @InSFCube just thinking... Isn't it weird how the kpop positivity and unpopular kpop opinions threads got moved to kpop section but the bashing thread is still in the Lounge? Also the LGBT+ thread should be in the Lounge, cause it's quite hard to find it and therefor pretty inactive...

Edit: idek if I post this in the right thread... Also why are mod updates in the Lounge and not in the staff section? I find it all very complicated, imagine for newer users

Sory, JUDEX and Eziio like this.
  15. Eziio

Eziio Married to @just-a-melon
    Tech Team .

Currency:
    You have to ask this to the mods as me and insfcube can't move threads ^^

16. E.DEN

E.DEN Trendsetter

Currency:
    But then why are you guys the suggestions team and not the mods... Another complicated thing

Make sense AKP and make me a staff smh

Eziio likes this.
  17. Eziio

Eziio Married to @just-a-melon
    Tech Team .

Currency:
    Suggestions team take ideas to plan them out and discuss them
    mods deal with the user side which involves threads and posts

the teams don't meddle in each-others affairs unless needed ^^

18. propanda

Currency:
    Bashing thread is in the Lounge since it allows bashes that aren't kpop as well like bashes of western music, it isn't stricly kpop.

LGBT+ thread could go to either the Lounge or Introduction due to it's topic. It's on Introductions right now cause there was more space, the Lounge has more competition on pinned threads. However it's something that can be moved so I will bring it up to other mods.

Mod updates are in the Lounge so they are easier to see- when something is posted in thread in Staff section it doesn't show up in new posts when in the lounge section it does.

19. NineMusesMinha

Currency:
    School
    Just came here to complain that u guys shouldn't bully users :)

20. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    I wanna know why my thread got locked

Super_Junior_15x likes this.