✦✧Moderation Feedback & Suggestions Thread✧✦

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Super_Junior_15x, May 14, 2018.

1. Infire707

Infire707 Married to: Surprise_bitch

Currency:
    CLC and WayV promoter
    Hello!

I would like to give some feedback on overall deletion of posts and/or threads.

To make this a bit broad I will not talk about the topic specifically but more vaguely. Essentially I wish that mods would restrict any types of bashing rather it be the artists or the fandom, to the bashing thread. And restricting bringing drama from other sites, i.e. Twitter to stir up unnecessary drama, because that would make the forum a but better of a place. I apologize for all the fuss yesterday and wish you all have a nice day, and thank you for leading AKP!

2. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    Mods should publish guidelines users to follow or straight up rules that they use to moderate.

3. fadedcolors

fadedcolors Super Rookie

Currency:
    married to Shownu
    I have suggestions.

I think users should have a limit on how many threads a day they should post. I was thinking 10 - 15 threads a day. With this idea in mind, I was also thinking maybe waiting a certain amount of time to post the next thread. Maybe 20 minutes. That way the same user isn't seen constantly and gives other users and their threads a chance to be seen.
    The reason I make these suggestions is because I've been seeing some users post various threads minutes apart from each other about the same topic and it just seems like spam a lot of the time. I, along with other users, don't get to see a lot of threads from other users because of these situations.
    I hope the staff with give these suggestions some thought and hopefully some consideration too. Thank you.

Sory, Tenshi.re and Cutie888 like this.
  4. Eziio

Eziio Married to @just-a-melon
    Tech Team .

Currency:
    Hello! Sorry to bother you but I think it'd be better for you to post it here :)
    https://www.allkpop.com/forum/threads/official-suggestions-thread.166867/

Super_Junior_15x and Rolex like this.
  5. Rolex

Rolex A-List

Currency:
    I disagree, it's one of the only features that i like about this site. Sometimes you may see some news about your faves or something but you'll have to wait until your next turn to post a thread i think that's so annoying tbh, ofc there are spammers but mods are here for a reason, they can be dealt with.

BangDaeJae likes this.
  6. fadedcolors

fadedcolors Super Rookie

Currency:
    married to Shownu
  7. Super_Junior_15x

Super_Junior_15x ♡ Justice ♡
    . Head Moderator

Currency:
    We can’t sit and think of every case possible in order to give guidelines for everything - the rules are here and then it is recommended to use logical thinking in order to think what is best in given situations.

If someone is uncertain if something breaks the rules or not, they can ask moderators in the staff thread or PM them and get a direct answer
    As for reporting threads and comments that go against the rules; report and don’t take action yourself, let it be up to the moderators to handle if needed.
    The rules are pretty clear and majority of users can follow them, so the rest just need to work on that a bit more
    Tho we have been thinking about adjusting the rules and make them clearer in some cases - so we will take a look at it ^^

Tenshi.re likes this.
  8. Super_Junior_15x

. Head Moderator

Currency:
    Hmm, I’ll give you the same answer both places

I can see it being useful in many situations tbh, and it would limit possible spam and trolling - therefore it is a posibility I would personally consider tho it needs to be negotiated with my fellow suggestion team mate Eziio. There are both pros and cons which we need to discuss and then see if we can get to a final decision - thanks for your suggestion ^^

fadedcolors likes this.
  9. fadedcolors

fadedcolors Super Rookie

Currency:
    married to Shownu
    Thank you for the feedback.

10. Super_Junior_15x

. Head Moderator

Currency:
    No problem ^^

11. serein

serein Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hi! I'm sure ya'll may have noticed the recent influx of trolls on this forum, so I have a few suggestions.

• Users should be limited on how many threads they can post each day.
    • New accounts should have to wait 24 hours before posting officially on the forum. This way, we can filter out trolls better.

12. Super_Junior_15x

. Head Moderator

Currency:
    The first suggestion has been suggested before and has been declined due to some technical problems
    The second one would make AKP lose potentially new members, since some make accounts in order to respond to interesting threads - tho we can look further into it ^^

serein likes this.
  13. Karla

Karla Super Rookie

Currency:
    I think something should be done about 18+ threads. For starters, there are people registered on this forum that are younger than 18, and I’m guessing there is nothing in place on this forum that stops people who are younger than 18 from accessing such threads like clicking on an 18+ Thread and being stopped from being able to enter it?!
    I’m not going to go in depth in this post regarding 18+ content itself being on this forum but I could have plenty to say about that... but I hope something is done about this.

14. Super_Junior_15x

. Head Moderator

Currency:
    We can’t really guarantee any user is above 18
    Tho entering such threads are on their own responsibility since it usually stands in the title that it is 18+ - thereby it has been made clear that there are an age restriction

Using the internet comes with a great responsibility, and every user on here has it on them - so if they choose to see these threads, then t is fully up to them
    We can just make a section restricted to 18+ stuff because then it would be the same - we can’t guarantee any user put their real age on the forum ^^

15. Karla

Karla Super Rookie

Currency:
    It’s true that it can’t be guaranteed regarding age but I think a lot of people will be honest about their real age, and having some kind of block when people younger click on content would stop at least some people that are younger than 18 from being exposed to explicit content and I think that a block would be worthwhile to pursue even if it prevents a small number of people...

16. Super_Junior_15x

. Head Moderator

Currency:
    How would the block function tho? As for the opportunities atm without any admin online, it probably won't be possible to make an age-restricted section without addons, which we can't have since we have no income
    And it would still depend and be fully on the users themselves: If they enter a thread titled [18+] they will enter a section too
    So as for now, it isn't really a possibility to do more than make sure people add the [18+] to their titles and then have warned them
    So when users agree to forum rules and website use, they automatically take responsibility for what they read;
    Which by any mean isn't me being against protecting younger users - but they can read and understand; so they should be able to know what they want to read and what they would rather ignore

17. Elizabeth_Xin

Elizabeth_Xin Married to @ImDaOne

Currency:
    I have a hard time believing that people would be honest about their age, ever. I certainly wasn't when I was younger, and millions of children make 18+ accounts on YouTube so they can access the kind of content that they want to watch.

18. Karla

Karla Super Rookie

Currency:
    A similar way as it does on YouTube where you are not able to watch certain videos that are restricted, under 18.
    Is it not possible to have a free add on that would restrict access to explicit content for under 18s?

19. Karla

Karla Super Rookie

Currency:
    Just because some people are not honest about their age, that’s not a good reason not to have an age block. A block won’t prevent everyone under 18 from being able access 18+ content if they so choose because some just won’t be honest about their age , but it will likely prevent some and having a publicised block also sends an important message.

20. Rolex

Rolex A-List

Currency:
    I suggest that we users should get notifications whenever a comment that we've reported is deleted, and that every single report we give is either rejected or accepted, most of the time reports are ignored without giving back any feedback if the reported comment was rejected or deleted, and we should be able to read every comment by us that gets deleted so we can read through it again and make sure that it wasn't unfairly deleted. Like, maybe create a system that we can click on each notification of each rejected report or deleted comment be it someone elses comments or our own comments, we can click once on each notification and see a preview of the mentioned comment that was deleted, like it should be deleted publicly but clicking on the notification gives us the ability to see the comment for once and the comment would have something like (deleted comment) somewhere near it so we can recognize it.

I hope that after i took some time to write my suggestions, they don't get left behind, i think that those are very useful and i'm sure that a lot of users will be satisfied with those features :)

kpopfoodie likes this.