✦✧Moderation Feedback & Suggestions Thread✧✦

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Super_Junior_15x, May 14, 2018.

1. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 Arya and Gendrys 3rd Wheel
    Events Team . Moderator

I'll dm you about this

Leean_Taeyong likes this.
  2. shy_shy_shy

shy_shy_shy Super Rookie

Losing my money to kpop
    Haolat likes this.
  3. njsjyghsjmthjk

njsjyghsjmthjk Trendsetter

I'm sorry with how you have to deal with so many users in the "Ask a STAFF thread"

Y'all are doing great!! I hope y'all take care of yourself first! Eat well and rest well!! Don't let some assholes make you think you're doing a bad job!! Y'all are awesome and are doing awesome!!

Haolat, kyutiemir22 and Vyuna like this.
  4. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

This is probably really dumb so feel free to ignore it, but, you know how there are like separate sections, like the 18+ section and the bash section etc.

Do you think it might be possible or worth it to get like a "safe space" section, where people can go to talk about their fave bands and share stuff but there's just outright no bullying/bashing/trolling/fanwars etc allowed?

Because there seems to be an uptake of people suffering on this forum and while it's not caused by the forum, it's certainly not helped by the amount of bashing and trolling and hate/fanwars that go on on the daily. And that's all fine for the people who want to participate, I'm not judging at all, I'm just wondering if some people might feel more comfortable or happier on the forum if there was a place they could go where they can talk about their bands and not have to worry about someone taking offence to an innocent comment or posting hate/trolling for no reason.

It's a stupid idea and if it was created it probably won't be used anyway but I thought I may as well suggest it anyway. If you don't try, the answer's always no etc...

Thank you for wasting your time reading this.:)

Emileh and Haolat like this.
  5. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 Arya and Gendrys 3rd Wheel
    Events Team . Moderator

I dont think its a dumb idea at all but I do think that the artists threads section is basically what youre suggesting. I could talk to the other mods though and we can see if we can work something out ^^

Emileh and ItsMilly43 like this.
  6. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

It's okay, don't worry about it. It's a stupid idea that won't work anyway.

Thank you though.

kyutiemir22 likes this.
  7. GDMultiFandom

GDMultiFandom Super Rookie

the last (agust d) enthusiast
  8. Vyuna

Vyuna Your ☆
    . Junior Moderator

9. Emileh

Emileh In Love with Kim Woobin

Magito's Bed Warmer
    Sorry for interrupting and meddling ~ (proceeds to interrupt and meddle)

Why not just create a simple positive kpop discussion thread? Or we could reconstruct the official positive thread: https://www.allkpop.com/forum/threads/official-positivity-thread-open.154365/#post-2566465

We could move it to a more prevalent spot in the actual kpop section of the community. Maybe have one or two people as assistants or section only mods for that thread. Maybe we could even advertise it?

And then my devil's advocate stance:

Honestly, we can't really shift the mood of the forum and make people go to these areas that are suited for them. Some people may feel like they can't be part of the rest of the forum and want everyone else to change instead of making changes themselves. We can implement and give them something, but it'll only work if they use what we give them.

Not everyone handles isolating themselves from the rest of the community and would rather stay in an environment that triggers them because that's where the rest of the crowd usually exists.

And then here's more ideas:

1. Could we elect a member to exist as a positive ambassador of the community? Someone to lead the community through positivism?
    2. Would it hurt to encourage more people to report? Some people on the forums rarely report for various reasons, but they past over material that is reportable.
    3. I would like to honestly maybe see an events that does opposite of the purge. A rewards system that favors people who follow the rules and help the community to become more positive, a better place, etc. Mods and admins can only do so much. And I imagine users would want to partake to get more points for the AKP shop. Arguably, I just realized this would be something to bring up to the events.

ItsMilly43 likes this.