Mental Health Thread ♡

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kddicted, Dec 28, 2016.

1. common-nobody

common-nobody Trainee

Currency:
    Human Being
    I think of myself as a bad person, yet i'm far from that. I always try my best to remain peaceful towards others, and help others with their problems. But the thing is i act like this at school, or with people i barely know, and sometimes to the point where i become a major pushover and let others manipulate me.

At home, i'm the opposite... I'm realizing i've adapted my dad's habits. He always yelled at me when i was a child – barely in the process of growing, he would pay his anger and his problems with me.

Now i'm only realizing this, but i've unconsciously gained his habits throughout the years. I yell a lot at home and get angry easily, and my parents and i are always fighting,

So this makes me feel guilty when i'm not. I feel like a bad person when i'm the opposite

And the one thing i hate about this is that my dad is barely realizing this now, so i had to go through all my childhood being raised incorrectly, while my sister will be able to actually spend these years happy, and it hurts me that i think this way, i feel extremely selfish – but it's the truth.

I'm becoming such a bad person, what has my life come to

2. heyitsdary

heyitsdary Super Rookie

Currency:
    Young Mom of baby boy
    It's like she said this for me. Oh wow I'm- :oops:
    I've been dealing with a lot of mood swings and an unusually low feeling after giving birth in January this definitely helped
    20200218_001027.jpg

3. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm sorry to hear you think of yourself like this.

It won't be easy, but please try to think one good thought about yourself every day and believe it. Because you are a good person and you will be happy one day, it might just take a little effort to get there.

But you're strong and brave and smart and you can get there of you try.

You can do it.♡♡♡

4. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    No matter who this person is, if they are making you feel like this then the best and healthiest thing to do for your own wellbeing is to walk away and put yourself first.
    You don't deserve to be constantly feeling like this or made to feel like this by someone you care about.

You deserve much better, and sometimes the only way to get that os to make the hard decision to walk away.

Walking away from situations and people like this is the healthiest thing you can do for yourself ♡♡.

5. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    You're not a bad person. If there are things you don't like, you can change them.

Recognising that you have a problem like that and feeling bad about it and wanting to change it makes you a good person.

Please don't negate your feelings. They are important and the more you recognise them and allow yourself to feel them, the easier it will be to take steps to make it better for yourself.

You're a good person. ♡♡♡

6. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    Congratulations!!

I'm glad you found something that helped you. I hope it continues for you. ♡♡

7. kddicted

kddicted Married to @Icy68446

Currency:
    ♡Taeng stan♡
    I'm sitting at a library by myself right now. I get the feeling that I'm walking on a very thin line. It was the 13 year old girl who couldn't face herself in the mirror and felt stupid for not understanding why she was disliked at school. It was the 16 year old girl who felt like she could come here and create good memories with people here. It's the 19 year old girl I am now, exhausted and confused. It's difficult to imagine that I'm the same person as the picture of the young girl with bright eyes and a smile that covered more than half their face. My face back then was so bright and beautiful, that anyone would smile looking at it. I guess any kid appears like that. I want to let go. Why do I have to keep scolding myself not to be sad, that I don't have a reason to feel so dark and down? Well, I just do.

The cause and cure of all this, what is it? I'm an exhausting person to live with, I truly am. It's hard to face the fact that I'm unhappy to this extent, where I fantasise and plan letting go, but am held back because I scold myself saying it's unfair for my immediate family. But it's still nice to imagine causing my end.

8. begginforthread

begginforthread stand inside your love

Currency:
    Suicide isn't much of an answer. You just pass out and never wake up, except in my case I did wake up... 2 days later in a hospital bed. And I'm glad I did cause there was a lot I would have missed out on. I felt like you did once, and I still do sometimes, but I feel like if there's any meaning to life it's finding someone or something that makes you wanna get up every day just to experience it more. I hope you find it someday.

#15948 begginforthread, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Menean, eldritchirene, V4ever and 7 others like this.
  9. heyitsdary

heyitsdary Super Rookie

Currency:
    Young Mom of baby boy
    Can anyone answer this: What do you personally think of life?

Is it beautiful? Does it suck? Is it fun? Is it a bitch? Is it pain? Is it a gift?

10. begginforthread

begginforthread stand inside your love

Currency:
    All of the above

11. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm sorry for not seeing this yesterday.

I know it's hard but look at how far you've come. It may seem like nothing's changed or like everything has gotten worse but you've come so far from where you once were.♡♡

I think it's pretty normal to imagine death tbh. A lot of people do it. It can be like a coping mechanism. As long as you don't actually attempt it. Please reach out for help when you feel like that. You are special and even of it doesn't feel like it now, you have a wonderful life ahead of you. ♡♡♡

12. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    All of the above and everything in between.

Without sadness there can be no happiness. Without pain there can be no healing. Without tears there can be no laughter. Without darkness there can be no light.

Are you okay?

13. heyitsdary

heyitsdary Super Rookie

Currency:
    Young Mom of baby boy
    Tbh i was trying to remain in a good mood and not throw fits for the entire day but it just seems impossible with all the (minor) inconveniences
    Like theyre nothing too bad just things that make you go "ughhhh" or roll your eyes
    Its almost like true happiness is objectively non existent?
    Do you believe in the phrase "Dont Worry Be Happy"?

14. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    Those can sometimes be the worst thing, especially if it's a few minor inconveniences all at once.

True happiness is different for everyone, so the best thing to do is just to try to find what makes you happy and stick with that.

I mean, I believe that worrying doesn't ever really help a situation, and I say that as a compulsive worrier lol. But I think it is pretty hard to just not worry in certain situations.

15. TheLadybug

TheLadybug i paid 3500 currency things for this title

Currency:
    forcing you to stan Chaeyeon
    you ever feel like you're never going to amount to anything?
    no matter how hard i try, it doesn't matter. it's not like trying helps. why try if everything i do fails?
    it's all been going downhill within the last week.
    damn, i really was trying to be confident.
    what the hell do i even do?
    would anyone even want to read this? no, really -
    if you knew me in real life you would not.
    can't at least one thing go right? absolutely nothing is going well at the moment.
    maybe im overreacting and i just need 8 hours of sleep
    and when i wake up ill feel better about everything
    not like that's going to help tho haha doesn't matter how i feel when everything's clearly going wrong
    ahaha life is so fun amirite

zigzig, eldritchirene, Zuko1 and 3 others like this.
  16. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I know how this feels. I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

Trust me it is not a permanent feeling, things will get better and you can do anything you want, amount to whatever you want.

Sleep is very important. When we are exhausted our brains can't function right and we can make mistakes and our emotions are closer to the surface so cloud our rational mind.

Please try to get some sleep, as much as you can. And take some slow, calm, deep breaths.

These feelings aren't permanent, you can get through them, you're strong and smart ♡♡♡

17. miniminhee123

miniminhee123 Super Rookie

Currency:
    clown
    I feel like I'm not anything because in school I have to change to fit in, and at home I have to change. I can't be the person I want to be. But I don't know who that person is. In school everyone hates me. I get bullied and I only have like 3 friends. The girl I used to like rejected me, and she made sure her friends hated me too. My parents basically abuse me, physically and emotionally. I was admitted into a fucking mental hospital because of snakes who I thought I could trust but couldn't. I can't get therapy or any sort of help for my problems. Everyone would be better off without me.

18. Kahoru

Kahoru Rookie

Currency:
    D1CE's PR
    My confidence and self-esteem have been absolutely crushed. I am terrible at having phone conversations, moreso knowing it's someone that I'm interested in and want to talk to. But the words just never come out, I never know what to say, while she has so many interesting things to say, stories to tell, knowledge to share. She has repeatedly pointed out to me how I never talk or say anything unless she does, and how she is the one to carry the conversation. You have no idea how frustrating this is for me because I don't know what to do. And I understand, entirely, why she lost interest in me and wasn't willing to try to be with me at all. Why would she want to be with someone so...boring, so empty...? How I wish things were different, how I miss the way we were, but I know she won't regain that interest in me...she proved it last night with the way she talked to me. And after she was reminded of how boring I am. I hate myself, I hate being like this. I hate it.

19. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Do you have a trusted friend or family member you can go to? Especially in regards to the abuse from your parents? It is not right at all that they are doing that to you and I encourage ypu to reach out for help from a trusted friend close to you. Even if it's just to have a safe place to stay when it is getting bad.

It's hard when we're still learning who we are, but I encourage you to try not to compromise yourself in an effort to fit in. Because the sad thing is that if you're constantly changing to fit in somewhere, you won't fit in anywhere.
    Be true to yourself and who you are now, even if you're not 100% sure who that is yet.

I always find it's better to have a few true friends that you can really trust, rather than a whole bunch of fairweather friends that aren't really your friend. So it's okay to only have 3.♡♡

Can you talk to anyone at school, a trusted teacher or counsellor, about the bullying. It's not okay and shouldn't be happening.

Why can't you get therapy? If you want it and need it, hopefully there is some way to get it.

The world won't be better off without you. Please don't think like that.
    Please reach out for help or call a helpline if you feel like hurting yourself. Where you are now is not all there is. You can do anything you want to. ♡♡♡

Lulu_Key and Serendipity2000 like this.
  20. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm sorry this is happening to you.

You're not boring or empty at all. Some people just have trouble communicating. I have trouble talking to people I like as well. I wish I could give you a way to change it but my only way is to not like people, which doesn't help you. Sorry.
    And remember, something you find boring and normal, someone else might find really different and interesting. So don't be hesitant to talk because you don't think it's interesting.♡♡♡

She doesn't sound like a very nice person if she's crushing your confidence and self-esteem, if she's causing you to hate yourself. You deserve better than that.

I know it's not easy to cut off your feelings for someone, but you deserve someone who will make you feel amazing, who will understand your silences instead of judging you for them.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I wish I could help more. ♡♡♡

Lulu_Key and Serendipity2000 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted