Mental Health Thread ♡

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kddicted, Dec 28, 2016.

1. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm sorry to hear this. Can I do anything to help?

Although addiction to alcohol isn't something that can just be ignored, do you think you can try replacing it with something else? Like every time you want to drink, go for a walk first or write down all your feelings at that moment in a journal or idk clean something? Like try to distract your mind for a bit and then see afterwards if that need is still there or was just a passing feeling?

Loneliness is the worst feeling. I wish I could help. <3<3

Serendipity2000, Lulu_Key and NBW like this.
  2. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    Fair enough. It can be a tough and scary thing to seek help, and sometimes it can take a while to find something or someone who can help.

I know the feeling. I like to be alone too, but some days I just really need human interaction and sometimes it's hard to find.

I believe you can do it too. You are strong and you have a wonderful attitude towards it.

3. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    idk tbh
    help I already got. I just don't really choose to seek it u know? I got a massive ego, even tho I'm a pussy... weird but true

4. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I know what you mean. It's okay not to want it yet, or ever.

Sometimes a weird thing happens and one day something clicks and people just want to go to the help. And even if that day never happens, there's nothing wrong with that.

Your wellbeing and happiness is more important, and you can get there.

5. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    I appreciate it. I'll do my best. Keep it up <3

6. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    We're here for you whenever you need. <3<3

I hope you feel better soon.

7. Emileh

Emileh In Love with Kim Woobin

Currency:
    I really recommend checking out games like stardew valley if you can. Ive noticed it can help. Not a solution, but helps to get by.

You can play it on phone, pc, xbox, switch, etc

Or check out twitch. I dont really play a lot of games but you find nice community like streamers.

There is also always neopets and gaiaonline. Finding yourself nice distractions go a long way.

8. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    lmfao what a weird way to #ad a game
    I'm good on the games tho. If I find a distraction is something to be out of the house, not looking at a screen
    Thanks for the suggestion tho

9. Emileh

Currency:
    if im out of the house, im still looking at a screen

called work

10. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    I do the exact opposite. Even when it's work I only worked on physical jobs
    I think it's good, since I already live on my computer when home

11. Emileh

Currency:
    unfortunately, i work as a cashier for a gas station
    so i have no choice in avoiding the screen

the gas pumps outside have screens with 24/7 advertisement too
    arriving like 5:30 am to open or leaving 10 pm at night hearing the ads (some loud af)

i dont think it's bad being on a screen though
    socialization is socialization
    but that's just me though

12. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    yes, I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not what I'm looking for. Idk I like to go work on some physical shit, do my job, keep the talking to straight professional... makes my mind go blank for those hours. I feel more fresh, plus sleep better since I get extremelly tired

13. Emileh

Currency:
    I think it's time to be less angry at the world. To stop overthinking the actions of people. I think how I was feeling is a result of all my bad choices and actions. Everything catching up to me and a year worth of bad events I have to address. To suck the poison out and face hard truths.

Not for me but the problems, trouble, and hurt I have caused to people that never deserved it. Im a toxic person and there is no excuse for it. Im making steps I need to and Im going to spend some time thinking about how to reapproach people, life, and love.

14. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    Safe in what way?

Lulu_Key and eldritchirene like this.
  15. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    Anonymous Post #40
    I don't want to die but it's very hard to live in the world. I've been withdrawing from my family and friends and everyone, I can't talk with them about school or other activities because I'm not doing well in any area because I'm mentally unwell. I just feel like I'm too unwell to socialize with anyone. I can tell people I'm doing badly or not good, but I can't really get into details, not that anyone asks.

Everything is just so bad right now, a lot of the time I just don't study or procrastinate because I feel anxious. I don't know if it would be diagnosed as anxiety, but I would describe it as intense dread and panic. I have almost withdrawn from out of school activities and hobbies, I can barely even be considered a participant anymore. I don't know how to overcome that feeling. I'm currently at the point where I tried a few methods or strategies but I don't have a strategy that works for me yet. It's debilitating. Honestly I don't know if this is something I can solve by myself, I've just been researching solutions on mental health sites but nothing seems to make a lasting change. Maybe it's just a constant rollercoaster and I'm in the slump, I don't know. I see the option of getting professional help but I'd have to ask my parents which scares me. I think they know something is going on with me and I'm not well, but they don't see it as a mental health issue.

I was feeling like this for the first half of 2019, then I was okay for a few months, and then I started to feel constantly irritable and anxious again.

I'm realizing that a lot of people have a similar problem or experience things similar to what I'm describing. I used to think I couldn't relate to anyone else's struggles but I read people's stories of experiences similar to mine, and I realize that lots of people have exactly the same issue.

16. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling this way. It's really not a nice feeling.

I don't want to sound mean when I say this, but stuff like this often times can't be solved alone. It's important to lean on people when you're feeling like this and to talk about your feelings. Keeping them bottled up can make everything seem so much worse.

Please don't be scared asking your parents for help. If you are not comfortable doing it face to face, you could try writing a letter describing your feelings and what you would like to try (therapy or a counsellor etc), to stop feeling like this. Writing a letter is sometimes the better option because it means you can get out what you want to say how you want to say it without feeling pressure or stress in the moment and forgetting things.

You're not alone in how you feel, and there are a lot of people out there who can help you and who want to help you. Please don't be afraid to reach out for that help. It's important. You are important. And it would be good to get you to a place where you feel happy and engaged in your activities again.

I hope things get better for you quickly. Please don't hesitate to come here whenever you need to. We're here for you. <3<3

17. noticemesenpai04

Currency:
    professional nba player
    i've been feeling so much better recently. my mental headspace has been good over the past few months. hope everyone is taking the time to take care of themselves :) <3

18. just-a-melon

just-a-melon Celebrity

Currency:
    Keeping Dokyeomon In Line
    Literally what is the point of trying. People always see me as a bad person anyways. I'm tired. I try so hard to understand everyone and for what. To be told I'm psycho. To be told I'm a terrible person. I'm done trying. I've come so far and for what to revert back into the hole I thought I escaped. I don't want to try anymore it's pointless.
    Why even pointlessly post his anonymously, people have already made up their mind about me.

19. just-a-melon

just-a-melon Celebrity

Currency:
    Keeping Dokyeomon In Line
    I'm so happy for you . Fighting! <3 I know I need to take more time for myself, thank you for the reminder!

20. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    My interactions with you might be limited, but from all I have seen you are a wholesome person.

Draft saved Draft deleted