Mental Health Thread ♡

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kddicted, Dec 28, 2016.

1. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    Zuko1 and Lulu_Key like this.
  2. wizone_feather

Currency:
    Last year, I had an anxiety attack. It was just a bad experience. One night, while I was tryng to sleep, I have an earthquake-like sensation. Afterwards, I feel like I was going to die from a heart attack. My chest felt heavy and I really want to ask for hepl. Luckily, I was able to survive those days.
    When I was young, I had always felt scared of talking to someone else other than my parents and I didn't want to speak in front of many people. Every time that there is a need to speak in front, I always wanted to go out and escape since I have fears of making mistakes. I always wanted to make things perfect so I have that my unexplained shyness and not willing to talk to others.
    I'm happy nowadays that I'm able to express myself now but I still have that feeling from time to time.

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  3. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm sorry to hear that you went through that, but I'm glad to hear that you've worked through it and you're happy now and can express yourself. Thank you so much for sharing <3<3, we're here for you whenever you need someone to talk with.

magito, Lulu_Key and wizone_feather like this.
  4. Meloverse

Meloverse ♔ Snake Princess ♔

Currency:
    ☾ Universe // Byulharang ☆
    not enough not enough not enough not enough not enough not enough not enough not enough not enough

why is this such a recurring theme whenever im near another person

magito, LovelySerenity and ItsMilly43 like this.
  5. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    Anonymous Post #24
    I don't even know what I'm doing here.. but I hope there is someone willing to listen? I have to get something off my chest-finally-but it's sort of long. I wish I could cut it down, but without context it won't make any sense. I dunno if a Saturday is the best time. :/

magito and Lulu_Key like this.
  6. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    Please feel free to say whatever you need to and however long it is. This is a safe space for whatever you need. <3<3

magito, LovelySerenity and Lulu_Key like this.
  7. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm sorry to hear this. Those thoughts are not nice and I hope you don't listen to them or pay them attention.

magito, Lulu_Key and Meloverse like this.
  8. Wench

Wench Married to @certified_1

Currency:
    Candy Pop stan
    This might sound really silly to some people but my pet mouse dying this week is really fucking me up. I've never seen a dead pet before, two of my dogs had to be put down but I was a kid and my parents didn't let me see it. My mouse died on the way to the vet and just... shaking her increasingly harder and feeling her cold body was the most horrifying thing I've ever felt. I had to pull over several times because I couldn't drive through the tears. After Sulli I was upset because someone close to me committed suicide long ago, so death has been on my mind already. Again it probably sounds silly but I've felt too sick to eat since my mouse's death and I keep dreaming of horrible shit and corpses. What the fuck to do : )

magito and ItsMilly43 like this.
  9. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's not silly at all, a pet passing away is a devastating thing, especially if it's not something you've really been through before.
    I'm so sorry you've suffered so much loss lately. Grief is a hard thing to work through, but unfortunately it's not something you can get rid of, you just have to work through it. Please try to eat something, even if you don't feel hungry.
    Can you have the TV playing a quiet show or adverts or have gentle music playing to give your brain something to focus on while you're sleeping and stop it from creating those dreams?
    Do you have a friend or family member you can talk to?

Lulu_Key, magito and Wench like this.
  10. Wench

Wench Married to @certified_1

Currency:
    Candy Pop stan
    Thank you so much for taking me seriously, I /haven't/ talked about it to anyone out of fear of ridicule, besides my roommate I still haven't told any of my friends about her at all which is probably bad. But background tv sounds like a good way to distract my mind, thanks. I'm sure fatigue isn't helping ah. Thank you a lot for the advice milly :3

magito and ItsMilly43 like this.
  11. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    No problem. No matter how big or small, a pet is a pet and losing a pet is devastating. I'm so sorry you lost your mouse. What was her name?
    I can understand that. Some people just don't understand the connection to pets so don't understand the grief when they're gone.
    It's good to have someone there to grieve with you or sit with you while you grieve, are you comfortable with your roommate to do that? You don't have to tell everyone else if you don't want to.
    No problem. I know it works for me on the days when my mind just won't quiet down. Hopefully it works so you can get a good night's rest, it sounds like you really need it.
    No problem. Any time. <3<3

Lulu_Key and magito like this.
  12. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    Anonymous Post #25
    I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way, but it sounds to me like you have a really good mindset when it comes to this stuff and are working hard towards it, from reading this.

Do you have a therapist or counsellor who is helping you with your MH? You're right that it does take time, so please don't get mad at yourself or feel bad if you have a relapse or fall into bad habits.

It's okay to use AKP or kpop as a coping strategy, when things get too much, to use it to distract or calm your mind, but if you feel like you're using it to hide from or avoid your problems or what's causing you upset, those are the times to sit back and log off. Maybe in those times try writing down what you are feeling, whatever it may be, no matter how silly you feel. Seeing the feelings in front of you might help you address them or solve them.

You sound like you have a really good mindset and coping strategies. It is wonderful to hear and I hope you keep going with them. It will take time, and there will be times where you feel like you're going backwards, but it's all progress. You'll get there,

Keep strong, You got this! <3<3

Lulu_Key likes this.
  13. Menean

Menean

Currency:
    Yesterday, and for the first time in my life, I experienced a family member's death. My grandfather. I wasn't particularly close to him, I don't even remember having a long conversation with him. But he was a good man. And I feel so strange thinking about the fact that he's no longer here.

When my sister woke me up and told me about it, the only feeling I felt was shock. I didn't react. But when I saw my mom, I broke down. I wasn't crying because of his death but because of the pain I knew she was going through. Every time I recalled my memories of him, I felt pain. So I forced myself to forget that he died, and I did for a while. But when I remembered again, a great sense of guilt hit me. Kind of like, "how dare I actually forget when it hasn't been 24 hours?"

I went to college today and it was hard. I thought about him a lot. I couldn't focus at all. And I have to go through that again tomorrow. I wonder how people normally mourn a loved one's death...

14. ta97s

ta97s Trainee

Currency:
    hash swan lover !!
    I stopped going to therapy a year ago, because I was going pretty well. Ive kinda gone backwards and mum is taking me back to the same therapist. She was really good but I'm anxious bc what if she thinks she didn't help in the end? Ik its dumb but its actually stressing me for whatever reason

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  15. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm glad you're going back.

It's not dumb at all. But please don't think that. It's okay to have relapses or struggle sometimes. It doesn't mean the therapy didn't help the first time, just that circumstances have changed this time.

This may not help you but I'm sure she won't think that, I'm sure she's used to things like this. It will happen a lot in her line of work.

It's okay.<3<3

Lulu_Key and ta97s like this.
  16. ta97s

ta97s Trainee

Currency:
    hash swan lover !!
    thank you, you made me feel a little less guilty lol :annoyedr:

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  17. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I know it's hard not to feel guilty.

Try to think of it's this way. You haven't been a year. Next time it might be a year and a half, then two years etc. It's all progress. Celebrate how much progress you've made. You've got this. ♡♡

ta97s likes this.
  18. ta97s

ta97s Trainee

Currency:
    hash swan lover !!
    <33 ily thank you

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  19. ParkJinnyisunder

ParkJinnyisunder Celebrity

Currency:
    Jihyo's servant
    I have really bad speech anxiety and bitches be like JUST SPEAK n I be like BITCH HOW n they r like STOP MAKING EXCUSES. like im tryin n then when i ask to work wth u, u like NO. bc u can tell me to be optimistic abt myself but wont support me? Then u say brain dont atter but u here stressing abt grades. ChIlD....
    N then like i literally am so annoying i annoy myself who knows what might happen if i speak

LovelySerenity and ItsMilly43 like this.
  20. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm so sorry you've been treated this way.
    You're not annoying, please don't think of yourself in that way.♡

If it's your parents/caregivers treating you this way, do you think it might help if you wrote them a letter, letting them know how they're treating you and how it makes you feel. That way you don't have to worry about your speech anxiety getting in the way and you can make sure the letter says everything you want it to?

Lulu_Key likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted