Mental Health Thread ♡

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kddicted, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Emileh

Emileh In Love with Kim Woobin

Magito's Bed Warmer
    everyone has their own limits
    you did try to fight the good fight
    If you didn't, I imagine you would be left with an endless series of "what if"
    the other person who didn't fight
    that will never be a reflection of you
    Always remember that

it's a lonely feeling, isn't it?
    unfortunately, no single soul will ever match to what you're feeling. we can learn, we can understand, but this is your heart, your hurt, your pain to bear.
    be most kind and gentle to your heart at these times
    let it breathe, talk with it (I'm for reals), and focus on your own basic needs at this time

you can truly never forget a person you put any time and effort into. and why you can't forget is because you're full of those memories and nostalgia of the good times. it's hard to go back to the daily routine without that person. one day there will be a person who is more suited to match with you. that day may not be soon enough or sooner than we think.

but baby steps. focus on sleeping, eating, and breathing. you'll get there until you're comfortable with your new norm. you had a good run, but now let's change pace.

kodoku and ItsMilly43 like this.
  2. Emileh

Emileh In Love with Kim Woobin

Magito's Bed Warmer
    I feel like it's less a want to die, but more a desire as if to punish myself. For not doing better, for not trying harder, for making wrong choices, etc. I sometimes look at like the laundry detergent and think I deserve to swallow it.

I found a better paying job close to me that I applied for. They say they are offering full time. So, I'll look into it tomorrow. It's a gas station that is open during the day only and it offers discount for gas (they have what I need for my car). If my car breaks down, it's literally 4 miles away on a bike trail.

Papayaaa, kodoku and ItsMilly43 like this.
  3. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

I'm sorry to hear that.:( You don't deserve punishment. Try to remember that you're making the choices for you that are right in the moment, even if afterwards they might not feel that way.
    It can be hard. Look at the amazing advice you gave Ripia. It applies to you too. Be kind and gentle to your heart.

That sounds amazing. It's full time, there's discounts, it's close. I really hope it all works for you. Let me know how it goes.:loverr3:

Papayaaa and kodoku like this.
  4. kodoku

kodoku Star

Girlie hey there ~~ I'm sorry your mom is being a bit insensitive like this, but please remember your feelings are valid regardless of what others say... I am in a similar place too, you're not alone... It truly is so scary, but we have to believe because it's the only way, we have to try even if we are doubtful. You can do it girl and you can write to me any time too <3

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  5. topsyoxy

topsyoxy Super Rookie

Wrapped up in my blanket is where I like to be. Feeling its little warmth against my pounding head, and soon to be tears coming from my tired eyes. I've been feeling colder lately; nothing to drastic though. But I didn't like it when the sun beat against my face either.

I wonder what people think of me when they hear my name, see my face or even body. I'd probably just fall out of that conversation and feel really depressed even if it was something positive or a compliment. I can't handle some things. I really can't. No longer can I tell if I'm hungry or not. Often I question if the little happiness I get here and there will last longer than it had previously. People intentions also bother me too. When will I feel loved.

Everyday feels the same. I wake up and later develop an unwavering sadness that did not previously exist in the morning. Wrapped in my blankets, alone in my room is where I want to be. Even if only one earbud works and I'm balling my eyes out, it will all just reset itself right? It'll become a vague memory of which I live on repeatedly.

I don't want to live my life like this, but I can't remember the last I was content.

#14965 topsyoxy, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Papayaaa, ItsMilly43 and kodoku like this.
  6. kodoku

kodoku Star

that's so nicely written, I really enjoy your way of speaking. I'm sorry you feel like this though.... it's relatable and tbh I can't get out of that cycle either, but I do hope you feel better soon. Most likely, this will pass and change too.. <3

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  7. atinyARMY01

atinyARMY01 Rookie

I guess I made a good choice?
    I had one of “bad days” and my mum was leaving me alone. I knew what I could do, so I threw my blade intot the trash and told my mum to take it out.

Papayaaa, ItsMilly43 and kodoku like this.
  8. kodoku

kodoku Star

you did make a good choice, be proud <3

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  9. Papayaaa

Papayaaa Public Figure

So I finally started therapy.
    I don't feel like it's gonna do any good but at least I have someone else that can listen to me venting instead of my (rare) friends and my poor mom.
    I woke up sick AGAIN and my neck is still too stiff to go to work with a cold so I'm not going back to the office yet. Plus my shoulders' tendons are on fire again and my sleep is wrecked, again. At least I can walk normally now and resume my elliptical sessions.
    I've been on survival mode for 3 months and I'm tired of feeling trapped in my body. I want to feel like myself again but I guess it's not gonna happen overnight.

kodoku and ItsMilly43 like this.
  10. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

That's awesome that you've started therapy. It is a good place to have someone to listen to you, so I wish you all the best.
    I'm sorry to hear you're sick. Please rest, drink lots of water and take care of yourself. Don't push yourself too hard.
    It won't happen overnight, but you will get there.

kodoku and Papayaaa like this.
  11. Papayaaa

Papayaaa Public Figure

Thank you <3

ItsMilly43 and kodoku like this.
  12. kodoku

kodoku Star

that's amazing, I'm proud of you <3 and yeah these things do take time, but you'll get there for sure :)

Papayaaa and ItsMilly43 like this.
  13. Papayaaa

Papayaaa Public Figure

Thank you!
    It's crazy how much of your week's free time isn't free anymore when you have so many health issues to treat at once, that's why I was so reculant on starting psychological therapy on top of that. But after hitting rock bottom multiple times I vowed to only make logical decisions starting from now so I wouldn't hate myself later on.

The funny part is that I have been diagnosed with severe depression and the psychologist was surprised of how high I scored on the quizz considering my chill attitude, but I've had 3 times worse depressions in the past and on top of that I could still function. Guess you can call me iron woman lmao

#14973 Papayaaa, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  14. kodoku

kodoku Star

that's truly awesome, good for you, honestly <33 I should do the same thing as you tbh........ meds alone are not enough, my own strength doesn't seem to be enough either.. I need more help but.......and haha xD that just shows you are a strong person hehe

ItsMilly43 and Papayaaa like this.
  15. Papayaaa

Papayaaa Public Figure

It's definitely a journey and of course meds are only like a cane that helps you walk...then getting really better depends on multiple things.
    I personally never tried anything except the occasionnal xanax if I had too much insomnia in a row because I fear meds so much. But if it helps you at least a little bit then it's great. I hope you'll find more pieces to your puzzle soon :D Martina from the youtube channel "eat your kimchi" also suffers from chronic pain and depression and she describes her healing process as "building a ladder". So whenever I get a call from a friend who wants to go out and chill but I'd rather stay home and cry, I imagne saying "yes" as an additional bar to my ladder. Little things like this can help

#14975 Papayaaa, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  16. kodoku

kodoku Star

omg I forgot about that channel haha... and thank you <3 I will continue trying, it's all I can do : )

ItsMilly43 and Papayaaa like this.
  17. Papayaaa

Papayaaa Public Figure

Yeah I think they changed the name since they're based in japan now haha. Good luck <3

18. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

I'm sorry to interrupt the conversation, I just wanted to say don't worry. When taking the next step is right for you, you will be ready for it and wanting to take it.

You are strong and amazing, and when you're fully ready it will happen.:)

kodoku likes this.
  19. kodoku

kodoku Star

don't apologize silly, and thank you so much.. I hope so.. <3

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  20. random-one

random-one Trainee

Hello, I just signed in cuz I need anyone to talk to.
    I'm in my final year as a medical student - graduating in 5 month - but seriously I'm so stressed.
    I've been always anxious person but it became worse through the years, I also became ultra sensitive, trying to cut ties with my best friend that were with me for years just bcuz we're not gonna meet again later
    This all bcuz -maybe- i've always hated college highly competitive and I'm not, I feel like everybody is smart but not me though I do get good grade but not so high
    And near graduation I feel like am so afraid I might kill someone, this scares me to death
    I don't know what to do, everything scares me like literally everything to come !

kodoku, ItsMilly43 and Solarsido like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted