Mental Health Thread ♡

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kddicted, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Papayaaa

Papayaaa Celebrity

Currency:
    So I finally started therapy.
    I don't feel like it's gonna do any good but at least I have someone else that can listen to me venting instead of my (rare) friends and my poor mom.
    I woke up sick AGAIN and my neck is still too stiff to go to work with a cold so I'm not going back to the office yet. Plus my shoulders' tendons are on fire again and my sleep is wrecked, again. At least I can walk normally now and resume my elliptical sessions.
    I've been on survival mode for 3 months and I'm tired of feeling trapped in my body. I want to feel like myself again but I guess it's not gonna happen overnight.

kodoku and ItsMilly43 like this.
  2. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    That's awesome that you've started therapy. It is a good place to have someone to listen to you, so I wish you all the best.
    I'm sorry to hear you're sick. Please rest, drink lots of water and take care of yourself. Don't push yourself too hard.
    It won't happen overnight, but you will get there.

Lulu_Key, kodoku and Papayaaa like this.
  3. Papayaaa

Papayaaa Celebrity

Currency:
    Thank you <3

ItsMilly43 and kodoku like this.
  4. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    that's amazing, I'm proud of you <3 and yeah these things do take time, but you'll get there for sure :)

Papayaaa and ItsMilly43 like this.
  5. Papayaaa

Papayaaa Celebrity

Currency:
    Thank you!
    It's crazy how much of your week's free time isn't free anymore when you have so many health issues to treat at once, that's why I was so reculant on starting psychological therapy on top of that. But after hitting rock bottom multiple times I vowed to only make logical decisions starting from now so I wouldn't hate myself later on.

The funny part is that I have been diagnosed with severe depression and the psychologist was surprised of how high I scored on the quizz considering my chill attitude, but I've had 3 times worse depressions in the past and on top of that I could still function. Guess you can call me iron woman lmao

#14965 Papayaaa, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  6. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    that's truly awesome, good for you, honestly <33 I should do the same thing as you tbh........ meds alone are not enough, my own strength doesn't seem to be enough either.. I need more help but.......and haha xD that just shows you are a strong person hehe

ItsMilly43 and Papayaaa like this.
  7. Papayaaa

Papayaaa Celebrity

Currency:
    It's definitely a journey and of course meds are only like a cane that helps you walk...then getting really better depends on multiple things.
    I personally never tried anything except the occasionnal xanax if I had too much insomnia in a row because I fear meds so much. But if it helps you at least a little bit then it's great. I hope you'll find more pieces to your puzzle soon :D Martina from the youtube channel "eat your kimchi" also suffers from chronic pain and depression and she describes her healing process as "building a ladder". So whenever I get a call from a friend who wants to go out and chill but I'd rather stay home and cry, I imagne saying "yes" as an additional bar to my ladder. Little things like this can help

#14967 Papayaaa, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  8. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    omg I forgot about that channel haha... and thank you <3 I will continue trying, it's all I can do : )

ItsMilly43 and Papayaaa like this.
  9. Papayaaa

Papayaaa Celebrity

Currency:
    Yeah I think they changed the name since they're based in japan now haha. Good luck <3

10. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm sorry to interrupt the conversation, I just wanted to say don't worry. When taking the next step is right for you, you will be ready for it and wanting to take it.

You are strong and amazing, and when you're fully ready it will happen.:)

Lulu_Key and kodoku like this.
  11. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    don't apologize silly, and thank you so much.. I hope so.. <3

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  12. random-one

random-one Rookie

Currency:
    Hello, I just signed in cuz I need anyone to talk to.
    I'm in my final year as a medical student - graduating in 5 month - but seriously I'm so stressed.
    I've been always anxious person but it became worse through the years, I also became ultra sensitive, trying to cut ties with my best friend that were with me for years just bcuz we're not gonna meet again later
    This all bcuz -maybe- i've always hated college highly competitive and I'm not, I feel like everybody is smart but not me though I do get good grade but not so high
    And near graduation I feel like am so afraid I might kill someone, this scares me to death
    I don't know what to do, everything scares me like literally everything to come !

kodoku, ItsMilly43 and Solarsido like this.
  13. Minghao_life

Minghao_life Married to @Vyuna

Currency:
    Shamelessly promoting SF9
    At this point I can't even go with public transport because of my social anxiety

kodoku, ItsMilly43 and Solarsido like this.
  14. twentyonejongdae

twentyonejongdae Married to : @lighterxx

Currency:
    Dreaming to be something better
    I keep coming back this site lately, almost like being back will somehow bring back my old friends and good memories. Its all gone though. Even now, after nearly 6 months of leaving here, it still feels like fresh wounds. For a year of my life this site was my safe spot and now it is all just clouded with everything bad.

Funny to think that so much of my struggles are documented on this thread, but even I thought that by now everything would be better in my life. Guess I was wrong. The only thing has hasn't changed is all the pain.

15. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are this stressed. It's really not a nice situation to be in.
    Anxiety is such a horrible thing to have, did you work it out with your friend?
    Competitiveness is a hard thing to deal with if you're not competitive. I can relate to that because I feel the same way.
    You are incredibly smart. You're a medical student who's graduating soon! That's wonderful.
    Just to be clear, you mean kill someone in the course of your duty, right? Not just randomly kill someone because you're stressed?

I know studies are important but do you think you can step away for a bit. Go to the movies, or meet up with friends and have a laugh or play sport/exercise, or even meditate with classical or zen music playing? Anything to get your mind off your studies for a bit and help you destress?
    Studies are important, but your mh and wellbeing needs to come first. People study a lot better and retain more information when they're less stressed.

Lulu_Key, kodoku and random-one like this.
  16. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm sorry to hear this. Are you working with anyone to help you with it?

Lulu_Key, kodoku and Minghao_life like this.
  17. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm so sorry to hear this. These things can take time, especially if you lost people really close to you suddenly, out of the blue.
    This site has changed a lot, even just since I've been here, and there have been a lot of public fights that have affected many people.

Maybe the fact that you keep coming back lately might be a subconscious sign to help you? Like either finding some new friends and being happy here again, or to realise this site no longer makes you happy and you're ready to move on?

We can't bring back the past, but that doesn't mean it has to define our future. Your old friends might not be here anymore, but there are a lot of new people and new friends to discover.

And if you want to leave the site for good, try somewhere else, that's cool too. It's about what's best for you.

I hate to hear that you're struggling so much. Is there anything I can do to help?

Lulu_Key, kodoku and twentyonejongdae like this.
  18. random-one

random-one Rookie

Currency:
    I try that all the time but afterward when I'm back home I think " how much time I wasted, people studying hard & u ? "
    I have many insecurities but I feel so embarressed to talk so I don't at all
    But seriously thank you, I appreciate this.

19. Minghao_life

Minghao_life Married to @Vyuna

Currency:
    Shamelessly promoting SF9
    No, but I'm thinking of it but idk how much help will it be

20. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    No problem. :)

I can understand that, I get that way at work sometimes when it comes to taking leave. Then I realised that I'm a lot happier and a lot more productive if I take regular breaks.

Try to remind yourself that you might not see other people taking breaks or going out and having fun, but everyone does it. When you get home, if you get those thoughts, stop and think to yourself. 'No. I had a fun time. I'm relaxed, and I'm in a better mindset to study' and keep repeating that or words to that effect until the negative thoughts go away.

It's okay to have insecurities, but they're nothing to be embarassed about. This thread is a safe place, or there's always DM of you want to talk but don't want to talk publicly. I'm here and @kodoku is really good with this stuff as well. And many other people on this thread too, whoever you're most comfortable with.

And if you don't want to, that's good too.:)

Lulu_Key, kodoku and random-one like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted