Mental Health Thread ♡

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kddicted, Dec 28, 2016.

1. jxckie

jxckie begginforthread

Currency:
    Life is too short to waste time playing bullshit games with people. If they don't respect you and how you feel.. fuck em. Get rid of them and move on.

2. 1000shineetrash

Currency:
    i wonder if im rly suffering this much or if im just being weak abt it
    i wanna die so much... i honestly think living is not for me

ItsMilly43 and kodoku like this.
  3. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    yeah I also often catch myself thinking why are people playing games and trying to win against each other so much.... we should live in a more honest way, I think..

I'm so sorry hun... I get it, especially that last part.. but we are here, we've been given this life even if we didn't ask for it.. the best thing to do is to try our best, make the best of it. And I know, I know it's so hard.. just.. know I'm here for you <3

4. 1000shineetrash

Currency:
    thank you <3

5. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Celebrity

Currency:
    After being depressed for my entire freaking life due to a mix of bad chemistry and poor emotional and cognitive patterns, it's a bit strange to find yourself happy.

You're confused and suddenly all that made you...is no longer you. Depression becomes a part of your personality, it's horrible but it's true.

Happiness is something that needs to be adjusted to.

ItsMilly43, Zuko1 and kodoku like this.
  6. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    wow that's amazing, I'm happy for you, congratulations :) it also gives me a bit of hope for myself hehe

ItsMilly43, Zuko1 and Tuturuu like this.
  7. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Celebrity

Currency:
    I really hope you find peace, you definitely deserve it for being such a kind person.

If I can share a bit of my own experience, I had one of the worst years of my life. I expected myself to be a mess but it got so bad I had no other choice than to look inward and rid myself of all the things that were bothering me. Even when it gets horrible and you're in a pit, recovery is always possible.

ItsMilly43, kodoku and Zuko1 like this.
  8. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    thank you.. that's very sweet of you to say and again, I'm really happy for you <3

ItsMilly43 and Tuturuu like this.
  9. pixilattedd

pixilattedd Public Figure

Currency:
    Student
    Been a while since i've been here... But, I do think others opinion would be necessary, since everyone involved in this is biased:

So... This is going to be a long long story. I live in Brazil and I study Animation, but it's a course that it didn't have in public colleges in my home state, and I needed to move from home to study the course that I wanted. But, this is a very important thing, I don't have a relationship with my parents, so I always related a lot with friends. And when I arrived here, it was all fun and bright and it kinda astounded me that my class had 20 people. And... When I mean that the class was toxic, oh boy... Nobody was indeed supportive or encouraged others to do their best, and even if you did, they wouldn't do it to you, and if you did something really nice, you would be competition. And since the class was small, there was nowhere to run if you didn't fit the standards, which were pretty stupid. I tried to do surprise parties and make happy moments giving bubble wrap to everyone and trying to make parties because I have fitted the standards, but... Soon, we are 4/7 semesters along the course and we are down to 12 people. It gets harder and harder not to be caught in their emotional drama. In the last few weeks, I have listened to multiple people break-ups (usually from both sides so I can't really take a stand) and opinions about each other that it's draining me so much. So I decided that I needed to make new friends or reconnect with people from my home state and I started kind of it. I recently started working out, going to theraphy and it all seemed to go fine, until the government made stupid decisions.

Also public universities around here are facing problems due to the conservative government wanting to cut money from them due to ideological differences and because our president is a douche, so my university will probably close down even if we did a student strike or not. And this led to us, students from the course (a new and small one) went to a meeting to discuss that. The 12 people plus others from the course had to take a position and two friends of mine were against it for some reasons and everyone was really quick to shut them down and not listen to them, judge them and everything. Pretty much, they are socially dead in the course. And they were treat unfairly and in a rude manner by a lot of people. Now we decided that (me included) are a close group of seven people and every one else is not welcome for numerous reasons (manipulation, victimization, narcisism and extreme avoidance). Also, today was my first time ever that I lost the patience with somebody I was friends with because of the hypocrisy that person showed making a stand in front of everyone.

It doesn't seem to be the type of place that is nice to grow with. Now we probably have to lose this semester and we have a lot of free time, I am probably going to stay here but I am worried about being here for my mental health and I honestly don't know what to do about it. Focusing on me is great and probably the best thing I could do, but... I wonder if anyone has any recommendations about how I could handle this situation. All in all, it's complicated for me considering the first thing mentioned and I know it's time to set boundaries, but I am not exactly sure how to do it in a non-extreme way. It seems some people only will be happy when they destroy each other.

10. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    well that sucks, sorry to hear it. people can't be changed, maybe it's best you emotionally distance yourself from the people toxic for you. Work on your stuff and just be polite to them, but don't get too close to them I'd say.. keep your goal in mind and work on it, those people will be gone from your life eventually. I also hope it's possible to make some friends elsewhere, just around town or wherever.. Idk what's going on in your country, but it sounds frustrating. I hope everything works out..

ItsMilly43 and pixilattedd like this.
  11. ripiasuju

ripiasuju Worldwide Star

Currency:
    :(

I just try to be strong, I'm trying hard to be strong.

Just it hits me suddenly then I cant cope, how can you just give someone everything then be thrown away I don't understand is there something wrong with me? How i am? Have i changed? My best is not enough? Am I not enough?

I'm not coping, I wish I could be strong but why am I so weak? What did you do to me, I just need you dont you get it? But oh well, who cares absolutely fucking nobody.

12. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Celebrity

Currency:
    I lost some friendships this year and it was extremely difficult for me to cope. Maybe it's just me but I invest way too much into my friendships and it hurt a lot to see that the other side did not even care. You try your best but it doesn't end up being enough - it's very crushing for your self-confidence.

It's not weakness to care, it's not strength to be ambivalent to everything. Opening up and caring about someone takes a lot of courage because you might end up getting hurt - that's real strength, at least in my opinion.

Just because it didn't work out between you doesn't mean you lack anything. Sometimes people change and there is nothing wrong with that. You will find people who are better for you - just remember to appreciate the good folks already in your life. Toxic relationships and friendships can be addicting, their acceptance becomes validation for you but in the end you can't rely on anyone but yourself to give you this security.

If there are any lessons to learn from this, accept them, but don't think that parting from a person determines your value in any way. It took me a while to get that through my head.

Anyhow, I hope you find a way to cheer up. I went through some heavy shit this year so your post resonated with me.

13. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    I really relate to your words, I once felt something similar.. "how can you not care about me?" and "I must not be worthy of anything if you won't even look at me".. but actually, rather than not being worthy, it's probably just a matter of two people not being right for each other which is the most common and natural thing in the world, even if it causes so much hurt every day.. it's just life. I think you still need time, but try to work on getting better, I really believe your heart will heal from this one day

ripiasuju, ItsMilly43 and Tuturuu like this.
  14. boringgirl

boringgirl Celebrity

Currency:
    Produce Trash
    At this point I'm on the verge of breaking as all these memories I want to forget and scars from all the mental damage I've gotten are resurfacing once again.

I need a break from this forum.

And maybe a break from life.

bye

15. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    I'm sorry. Please do what's best for you, take care of yourself.. <3

Zuko1 and ItsMilly43 like this.
  16. ParkJinnyisunder

ParkJinnyisunder Celebrity

Currency:
    Jihyo's servant
    god im so annoying i even annoy myself. like MUST I be so unlikeable? like im fckig ugly, short, stupid,obnoxious, weird, and apparently creepy?? Everytime i get up or speak i cant handle ppl l listening or even looking at me i fcking hate it. also i have to fight the urge to jump over my fence and walk into a busy street everyday. there is literally nothing in my life that is hard but i still HATE it, well tbh myself

17. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling like this. I'm sure you're none of those things.
    Do you think you might have some form of stage fright if you don't like people focusing on you when you speak up?

Do you have anyone to talk to in real life about how you're feeling about wanting to walk into traffic? Someone you trust and are comfortable with?

Is there anything I can do to help out?

18. Zuko1

Zuko1 Leader

Currency:
    I'm sure you are your worst critic. Looks are not the most important thing. Please try to work on yourself mentally and physically. Sports are a great way to let out frustration and the exercise really helps to make you feel happier.

I am not the best public speaker either and hate having attention on myself but if you cannot avoid it due to studies; then try staring straight ahead rather than looking at a group of people. Don't worry about what others think of your speech. Just think and speak carefully and at a good pace.

I'm sure you are very sweet; that's what I think of you since I have joined.

LovelySerenity, kodoku and ItsMilly43 like this.
  19. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    I'm sorry you feel that way, I know how frustrating it can be when you don't like yourself. The good news is it's something you can work on and improve. There is much to be thankful for and I'm sure you have many good qualities as well. Maybe try writing all of those things down, that would be a good start I think :)

20. topsyoxy

topsyoxy Public Figure

Currency:
    Do not respond
    Sadness, lack of motivation, and disinterest are common symptoms of depression, but being openly aware of them and feeling it at the same time is so existential and frustrating and miserable. Have I really become such a miserable child who can't seem to stay out of her head?

Like said, I'm no longer interested in the things I used to be into. I try so hard to make myself happy and explore new things all to just hold myself back again. I feel like I'm running in pace; everything around me is changing as I continue to stay in one place, I grow with it, but never get to experience it.

And I'm pretty pathetic, and easily self conscious. Certain things don't make me jealous such as the life and money of rich people, but more along with people get along well with others. I'm not saying having a shit ton of friends but people who at least acknowledge your presence and don't over analyze every word you say.

While I was throwing up in the sink today I ripped back open a wound from teeth scraping. I haven't binged in months but still the littlest things freak me out. I'm so unlikable. I'm easily bored and often times my mood and personality is dependent on others. I just want to escape it all and I don't know how when even the lies I tell to myself and others are so predictable now.

#14920 topsyoxy, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    ItsMilly43, LovelySerenity and kodoku like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted