Mental Health Thread ♡

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kddicted, Dec 28, 2016.

1. kddicted

kddicted Married to @Icy68446

Currency:
    ♡Taeng stan♡

This is a place for akp users to share their thoughts/feelings. People should be able to post without feeling uncomfortable or hesitant to post. If you're going to respond to someone, respond kindly or not at all. I don't want this thread to be a negative place that people don't want to come near, so I'll do my best to make this thread a comfortable place instead~
    [​IMG]

#1 kddicted, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2019
  2. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    I got some new anti-depressants recently, they kinda work but also make me less hungry which made my anorexia a lot worse, before I started taking them I had kept my weight for a while but now I've fallen back into the habit of starving myself. I've lost some weight which makes me happy but I also know that I'm not supposed to do this.

3. koschei

koschei Star

Currency:
    I should get some help but fear that if I go to some psychologist he'll tell me I am exaggerating and there's nothing wrong eventhough I know for sure there is

4. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
    A psychologist will never tell you that you are exaggerating. In fact, I don't think they're allowed to. So please don't fear that. I've had therapy for a good amount of years and NEVER has any of my psychologists made me feel like I was exaggerating. :) If you think you need help, go for it. You can only gain something out of it.

5. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    I totally understand that, it also took me a long time before I went there because I was scared. My best friend actually called to make the appointment for me and went there with me, that helped a lot. There are actually many people who see therapists even though they aren't mentally ill but simply to get help in difficult situations, like for example if they have a lot of stress, went through a breakup or are dealing with the death of someone close to them so the therapist would probably talk to you even if they come to the conclusion that you're healthy.

6. dprcream

dprcream Married to @yoichiidesu

Currency:
    pup dealer
    i'd like to start by saying that: i hate seeing people saying they have depression and anxiety when they don't, please, don't say you have depression because you feel gloomy, it's much, much more than that
    but hello, galaxyifan, been living with (actual) social anxiety for quite a while... while being an extrovert (yes it exists) and some phobias (not fears) here and there, but i'm doing fine i swear

7. Elf_lover

Elf_lover Leader

Currency:
    I have suffered mental health issues since my 20's. I have anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks. I am seeing a counsellor about it and she's been great. It can be very distressing for me and affects everything I do. I face judgements from people who don't understand or think I'm weird or ask why I'm like that. It's not something to feel ashamed about, that's why I sought help. I don't take medication anymore, too many side effects. I get anxious over the tiniest things and really beat myself up about mistakes I've made.

8. jytjuyikhujo

jytjuyikhujo Elite

Currency:
    Stanning Girl Groups
    I keep overthinking the littlest things in my life like the things like things I should have said, things I should have done, My future and etc, this usually happens when im home and I end up thinking about it for hours and hours. I went to bed yesterday at 2 am I didnt fall asleep till 4;30am, I had to play a game to keep my mind off the situation then I eventually fall asleep and I often have flashbacks of my embarrassing moments in life and it ruins my whole mood but after 10 mins I forget why I was in a bad mood and continue on doing what I normally do. Is this anxiety??

9. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    It could be but it's hard to tell because it depends on how severe it is.

#9 DISABLED#4, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  10. InvisibleBBC02

Currency:
    Troll-Patrol
    I do the same thing. I always thought it was normal for this to happen to people...

11. UncleDrew

UncleDrew Public Figure

Currency:
    I'm sorry, I shouldn't.

12. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    Long posts are totally fine, you can express whatever and as much as you want, that's what the thread is for and I really hope it helps you.

Wait, did you edit it? Okay, you don't have to express anything but just know that this thread is here to offer you support, it's a space to share things and feel better.

I relate to some of the things you wrote. There's a personality disorder that's genetic in my family and I have it. The healthy family members treat all of us who have it like dirt and basically completely abandon us but my eight year old cousin is showing early symptoms of it and I don't want her to go through the same things I did so I'm trying my hardest to stay connected to the family even though every second I spend with them feels like torture because I'd like for her to have the possibility to simply move out of her parents house and in with me if it ever gets too bad.

13. UncleDrew

UncleDrew Public Figure

Currency:
    Nah, I just didn't feel confident enough to admit it to people, but thanks!
    Its always nice having understanding people, and I hope the best for you and your cousin. The way people look at you isn't important. Its how you look and value yourself that truely is, here's to everyone going to tough times! Fighting!!

14. yancu

yancu Rookie

Currency:
    HR
    I have OCD..
    I don't know why I got this..

15. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    Thank you!

We can talk in pms if you need someone to talk but don't feel confident enough to express it publicly. The offer stands and is not going to disappear if time passes btw so even if you don't feel like talking about it now but a few weeks later you do you can still message me.

16. Jolisa134

Jolisa134 Newbie

Currency:
    Since my childhood I wasn't really that bright because of certain issues and when I became a teenager I started struggling with my identity. I really don't know how to explain this but I kept switching personality to the point where I questioned who I really was...I know it sounds weird but this is the only way I can say it. I've been getting better recently but still...

17. Barbara

Barbara Trendsetter

Currency:
    everyone who hates ketipinor say SHIT CUNT :eyebrowsr:

18. InvisibleBBC02

Currency:
    Troll-Patrol
    Who dat? :whatr:

19. Barbara

Barbara Trendsetter

Currency:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine

worlds most evil medicine that made me gain 35kg in less than 6 months do you know how hard it is to loose that much weight ;_____; say no to quetiapine!!!!! (In finland its called ketipinor)

20. Elf_lover

Elf_lover Leader

Currency:
    I perhaps shouldn't be writing this out of respect for the family but I was at the scene of a tragedy yesterday and it's affecting me. My daughter and I were at our local river to cool off as it was a hot day. We had only been in the water about 10 minutes when everyone was told to get out of the water. Then a whole fleet of emergency personnel arrived and started searching the area. A man had drowned only 200 metres from where we had been swimming. There have been rescue workers and police divers out all day searching the river but as yet haven't recovered his body. The river is deep and murky and he may have been dragged under. I feel affected by this as we were not far away at the time and a man has lost his life. His wife was swimming with him but was unable to save him. I'm not sure if I want to go swimming there again especially as there has been a death and we were at the scene. My daughter was pretty shaken up as well. I feel so sorry for the family.

Guesstar, shy_shy_shy, Jessie and 8 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted