Map of the soul: Persona album, what did you like or dislike about it?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by nochutae, Nov 26, 2019.

1. nochutae

nochutae Rookie

Currency:
    Persona is easily my least favorite bts album, most songs weren't my cup of tea as well as the concept itself. BUT i have to say that dionysus stages are god-tier and i'm excited to see them performing it on year end award shows, it's the most memorable song on the album and the best song they released this year imo, the music genres bts does the best imo are hip hop and rock, not that they don't have good songs with other genres but when they do one of those two music genres they usually snatch my wig lol... anyways, I've seen a theory by armys that sugests that dionysus is like the transition from persona to the shadow, that's why it's the last song on the album while being darker and vastly different from all the other tracks in the album, like their mask (persona) is breaking and starting to reveal their true selves so hopefully this means that shadow will have more of a daring sound compared to the safe sound most persona tracks had, btw what did you like and dislike about mots: persona album?

#1 nochutae, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Bang_Ching, Hallybell and Menean like this.
  2. kryswithluv

kryswithluv Public Figure

Currency:
    Every boy with luv performances are a blessing.:cool:

3. doubleOh7

doubleOh7 Public Figure

Currency:
    I like Home. The type of bside that could be a title track.

4. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Star

Currency:
    I am somewhat tired of hearing armys here talking down this album and then celebrating its sales tbh, I think it was deserving
    Of course you are all entitled to your opinion
    Dionysus is definitely my least favourite track on the album, the auto tune diluted the rock vibe
    The performances were great as usual

The album is aging really well for me
    I can happily listen to it from start to finish in one sitting
    And it has one of the strongest intros

I loved smiley BTS
    I loved Jimin in the first performance of Make It Right
    I loved Jhope trying not to laugh during his verse in BWL because of Jungkook
    I loved Jungkooks longer hair
    I loved their confident performances on american tv
    I loved the rapping on Home

Edit: I swear only BTS can pull off Dionysus live
    That song required monstrous energy and attitude

#4 Queeeenie, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    LanaBey, V4ever, lawyer and 5 others like this.
  5. MassiveKpopFan

MassiveKpopFan Married to @njsjyghsjmthjk

Currency:
    Student
    I dislike Make It Right. it's tolerable as a song in general, but for BTS, it's not their best. Other than that, this album is phenomenal.

6. shizuru

shizuru Public Figure

Currency:
    I like everything besides Dionysus LMAO, the song is honestly horrible but the performances do make up for it.

LanaBey and soapycolors like this.
  7. nochutae

nochutae Rookie

Currency:
    oh don't get me wrong, i know most people who dislike persona don't like it because of it's cute/bright concept, this is not the deciding factor as to why i didn't like mots: persona as a whole compared to their other albums. yeah i do have a preference for darker concepts than cute/bright ones but that's definitely not the main factor for me not liking a song/album, i mean, ly: her had a very bright concept and i LOVE this album, i just didn't really feel most tracks on persona other than dionysus and that's it.

8. rinah108

rinah108 Trendsetter

Currency:
    the songs are to poppy for me to the point they give off some disney vibe which i don't like (not saying that they're bad quality or anything)
    if they're into that style right now i'm fine with it, it's just not my cup of tea

persona and dyonisus are really good but i've already heard tons of similar songs
    home as well, but it's their signature sound, again, nothing new and unexpected
    i want me some neo soul shit like singularity :yesr:

HardcoreBLINK likes this.
  9. Lustji

Lustji Public Figure

Currency:
    JK's manager.
    My thoughts exactly! Apart from Tear, MOTS is one of their best IMO.

10. Menean

Menean Married to @Onion_Rings

Currency:
    I strongly dislike the autotune in this album.
    One thing a lot of people hate about this album which I personally like is the happy vibes of this album. I love happy BTS
    Oh and I like BWL. This type of song is highly appreciated once in a while and it puts me in a great mood whenever I listen to it. And the performance is cute (even though I'm not a big fan of the choreo).

Hallybell likes this.
  11. Irelda_

Irelda_ Super Rookie

Currency:
    Thinking about Jungkook...
    It's my second favorite BTS album :< (everyone seems to be a little disappointed with it haha)
    I loved majority of the songs but I can only listen to Dionysus by watching the performances. Jamais Vu and Home were my favorite bsides.

The thing that I wish was different (not that I disliked it) is that the songs were coming from all kinds of different people/producers. I have nothing against it, but some of these people *cough* melanie *cough* are taking too much credit for the songs' success. I'm pretty sure they sent English songs, but BTS wrote their own lyrics. I don't care how long it takes them, I hope that they can reduce the amount of songs from other people and continue to make their own songs.

cassexotic and Hallybell like this.
  12. AxelFox16

AxelFox16 Super Rookie

Currency:
    I like Jungkook's close-ups in the BWL video, the boy is such a snack!

I also like Mikrokosmos.

I disliked Halsey's addition to BWL she brought nothing to the song, the version without her it's much better

And as usual, I disliked J hope and RM's parts in literally every song. These two have the most granting and annoying voices in all kpop. Every single bts song would be leagues better had another member sung their parts.

13. Hallybell

Hallybell Star

Currency:
    I dislike the autotune, Make it right though I like it more since I heard some live performances and Boy with Luv mv to an extent because it could have been so much better. Not the biggest fan of Jamais vu either.

I love all the others songs on the album. Home is a gem.

Zsh likes this.
  14. allkpopforum

allkpopforum Trainee

Currency:
    Well not abt the song

Dislike : The artwork for the cover of the album. Ughh it's too similar to 'Love Yourself' series and 'Wings' album.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Like, I'm getting enough and tired of that style. From the outside there isn't much distinction between 1 version to the other as well, except for that diff shade of pink. This things kinda prevent me from buying all 4 version somehow. Packaging/Art wise this is still my favs album from them

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Menean, Ash_and_Thorns and cassexotic like this.
  15. madchen123

madchen123 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Things I liked:
    BWL is a cute summer bop which made me want to dance.
    Home is amazing.
    The dionysus performances are very cool. But the song not my taste.
    I LOVE persona.
    Mikrokosmos is cute and I like jemais vu.

Things I disliked:
    Make it right didn't give me a bangtan vibe but a generic ed sheeran vibe.
    The large amount of autotune. I rather want to hear their pretty natural voices.

16. Ash_and_Thorns

Ash_and_Thorns Trendsetter

Currency:
    A Lazy Manager of Something
    1 - The EP didn't feel like BTS : The only tracks that had a bit of that special style of theirs are Persona , Home and Dionysus .
    2 - While one of the reasons BTS are fun to listen to is the fact that they don't stick to one genre , it is undeniable that they've always kept the same essence throughout ; for example , the rap is always central . In Persona , the rap felt like it was just shoved in .
    3 - MOTS: Persona is a bad concept album . But then again concept albums aren't exactly BTS' strongest suit .
    4 - The vocal processing and autotune are atrocious . At times I couldn't even distinguish between the members .

While I believe Persona to be their most cohesive album sonically since HYYH and one with a great flow for listening and while I love Jamais Vu , the EP is by far their weakest and blandest yet . It needs more personality .

Menean and nochutae like this.
  17. nochutae

nochutae Rookie

Currency:
    i agree with you, most tracks just don't have that particular bangtan flavor that their other albums have.

Menean and Ash_and_Thorns like this.
  18. Kpopaesthetic1

Kpopaesthetic1 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Tzuyu’s #1 fan
    Things I liked:BWL and the whole album
    :lover1:
    things I disliked:Nothing tbh

19. lawyer

lawyer Rookie

Currency:
    What I like about Persona:

I've said this in another thread but I love how different yet reminiscent it is of their previous works (persona home...) . Love how diverse yet cohesive its content is. I feel like it's bts enjoying themselves and going back to a simpler expression of their art, without all the elaborate theories and migraine inducing concepts.

What I dislike about Persona :

The autotune and weird processing of their voices on some songs
    The fact that it isn't a full album. I wish there were more songs in it.

20. nayapun

nayapun Trainee

Currency:
    Intro: Persona and Home were the only good tracks, the others just felt very bland to me. What I dislike the most is the amount of foreign producers that worked on the album. They need to tone it down a bit and let their in house producers like pdogg and slow rabbit work on more of the tracks. Their old albums lets us know that they're more than capable of producing high quality albums.

TastyButtercream likes this.