Many like Yuqi for her cute face but forget that she's actually a talented full-rounded idol

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by suytsuyt, Jan 14, 2020.

1. suytsuyt

suytsuyt Trainee

Currency:
    When talking about (G)I-dle talent, people just mention Soyeon, but for me Yuqi is even more full-rounded.

She can dance well:
    Powerful dance:

Traditional dance:

She can sing with great vocal color:

She can rap:

She can play instrument:

Her stage presence is on point:

She has her own studio and is producing songs (finished some already), just wait for them to be released.

She can do rhythmic gymnastics:

She is super smart
    She used to learn in the school that only top 5% of students with high scores can register.

She can speak fluently 3 languages (she learnt Korean for 2 years and spoke like Korean)

She has interesting characteristic:
    Her laughter is what we die for:

She's suitable with variety shows:

She makes friends with a lot of idols too.

Her lovely visual:

What can't she do? She can't do eagyo. Lol

Please don't sleep on her talents.

#1 suytsuyt, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Lubby00, Redan, neon-culture and 12 others like this.
  2. 21957103

21957103 Newbie

Currency:
    She deserves as much recognition for being incredibly well-rounded as Soyeon does and a bonus that she's also good at variety.

Lubby00 and Lisaaaaa like this.
  3. suytsuyt

suytsuyt Trainee

Currency:
    Yes. She's underrated now. She's good at everything that an idol is supposed to be.

stan-idle likes this.
  4. 21957103

21957103 Newbie

Currency:
    She's already the most popular member in gidle I'm sure she'll be more acknowledged in the future

topsyoxy likes this.
  5. suytsuyt

suytsuyt Trainee

Currency:
    It seems like she is famous for her cuteness and deep voice only. They rarely talk about her talent like they do with Soyeon.

6. rifah-elahi

rifah-elahi Newbie

Currency:
    I always think about that too. Like everyone's like Yuqi is funny and cute so she's by bias, and I'm like there are 3 million other things she can do. This is why she's my bias wrecker along with Minnie, (or I'm not sure, all 5 might be my bias wrecker). Well, most people bring up Soyeon's talent into everything because 1) She is lol 2) She barely appears in their behind the scene stages so that's all they really know her for, compared to Yuqi, who has had 3 million variety show appearences 3)She's played a huge hand in I-dle's concept,music choreo, which led to their success (ofc it wouldn't be possible without the other members). But you're right, Yuqi tries her best to show many different sides of her, but people will still call her cute. Like okay, there's nothing wrong with being cute, but Yuqi has visibly tried to show how much she's trying to change and bring more variety into her image. If you see their MBC music festival performance (and all of their recent ones), she was everything but cute and showed amazing stage presence.

7. snowfly

snowfly Newbie

Currency:
    Great case for Yuqi. She needs to get out of I-dle ASAP, they're holding her back.

suytsuyt likes this.
  8. injailumyho

injailumyho Super Rookie

Currency:
    SHINee Cult Leader
    It’s because she’s Chinese. Knets don’t pay attention to foreigners

suytsuyt and Lisaaaaa like this.
  9. suytsuyt

suytsuyt Trainee

Currency:
    Yes. I'm sad that these days, some people still think (G)I-dle just has Soyeon, but for me Yuqi and Minnie are really talented too. They need to be recognized more. Her true style is "hip hop" cool, just the make-up and the company requires her to be cute, she wants to change it many times on her Vlive.
    My bias is the same with you. I like Minnie so much.

rifah-elahi likes this.
  10. suytsuyt

suytsuyt Trainee

Currency:
    She is the second person who get the most push from Cube after Soyeon and she had the most ranking reputation accumulated points last year in her group , they don't hold her back at all. But the problem is that people don't see her other sides aside from cuteness and deep voice. So, I just hope people will consider her a talented idol, not a cute member of a group. :(

rifah-elahi likes this.
  11. suytsuyt

suytsuyt Trainee

Currency:
    Not only Knets, but also international fans. In fact, she got the highest points of ranking reputation last year among all members, so I don't think Knet doesn't care about her. :cryingk:

12. rifah-elahi

rifah-elahi Newbie

Currency:
    Those people that still think it's Soyeon and Friends, so they are irrevalent. But I was talking about Yuqi's own fans and within the fandom. I doubt the company pushes her to be cute though. She was really cute during Latata, Hann, and Senorita, and fans just can't get over it. Btw, my bias is Soyeon. But I love Minnie to death too.

#12 rifah-elahi, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    suytsuyt likes this.
  13. rifah-elahi

rifah-elahi Newbie

Currency:
    She's one of the most popular members in and outside of Korea.

suytsuyt likes this.
  14. suytsuyt

suytsuyt Trainee

Currency:
    I think if Yuqi were in other groups, her talent would be recognized more than in (G)I-dle.

Her vocal is good but Minnie and Miyeon shine more. Her rap is nice but cannot beat Soyeon. Her dance is great but Soojin outshines her. Her stage presence is not bad but Soyeon and Soojin say hi. Her visual is no joke but people talk more about Miyeon and Shuhua. Her sense of humour is amazing but Shuhua is crazy. Poor Yuqi. :sweatr:

rifah-elahi and stratcat like this.
  15. rifah-elahi

rifah-elahi Newbie

Currency:
    I think she's appreciated a lot for her vocals and stage presence. Her fancams always have 2nd to third highest views. Her dancing is also praised a lot when Nevies are just discussing, and the main reason why most people bias her is her sense of humor. It's just that people don't add all these and say, wait, Yuqi is multitalented!!! And you're right Shuhua is crazy :)))

suytsuyt likes this.
  16. Valent04

Valent04 Public Figure

Currency:
    The the second most popular in her group tho so people already notice her

17. idleloonataejess

Currency:
    I like her for her voice.

suytsuyt likes this.
  18. clio22

clio22 Public Figure

Currency:
    I love her voice, i like low singing voices in kpop songs.
    She is super cute like a puppy

suytsuyt likes this.
  19. suytsuyt

suytsuyt Trainee

Currency:
    Just the company wants her to be cute. She actually wanna be cool. Her true style is hip hop. :oops:

clio22 likes this.
  20. sassily

sassily Trainee

Currency:
    I'll be honest I think she suits cute more than hip hop, she just has that innocent doll face, it works against her in hard-hitting concepts. The reason why people mention her adorable personality the most is cause she's on variety a ton where she gets to shine. Soyeon is mainly behind the scenes so she's known for her talent.

I feel like complaining that the most popular member is underrated is a bit weird lol. She talented, she just doesn't have that outstanding thing that defines her image like Soojin and stage presence or Soyeon and charisma/rap, that doesn't mean people don't value her skills. I love her voice.