manga with your favorite art style?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by super_lovee, May 30, 2019.

1. dong_ii

dong_ii Icon

Currency:
    Bleach or Tokyo Ghoul

although I havent read either nor do I want to

super_lovee likes this.
  2. Valenttinna

Currency:
    Mmm its more like an ecchi one, nothing too sexual

super_lovee likes this.
  3. seonday

seonday Public Figure

Currency:
    Professional sundae maker
    Same! Haha Because of your thread, I also found out that there’s a live action version and it’s pretty on point with the manga!

super_lovee likes this.
  4. super_lovee

super_lovee Trainee

Currency:
    oh wow i didn't know that! guess i'll go have to watch it now to relive nostalgia.

seonday likes this.
  5. kween_eunbi

kween_eunbi Newbie

Currency:
    Just a couple I took a liking to. ;)

Citrus by Saburo Uta (genres: Yuri, Drama, School Life, Romance, 17+)
    The style is so clean and so distinct. It's consistent, artful and expressive without anything that looks weird. It allows you to absorb the story and the art all at once rather than paying attention to one or the other (which I am known to do if the art isn't interesting enough for the story or vice versa).
    DE8q8YsXoAE9Eud.jpg Dk4tr8FXsAAj4v5.jpg

Shinshi Doumei Cross by Tanemura Arina (genres: Drama, Shoujo, Romance, School, 13+)
    Along with Sakura Hime Kaden, easily one of her most beautiful works. She is so detailed and can draw to fit any mood or aura perfectly, and it stands out even amongst shoujo mangaka who are known for this. She is also known for drawing quickly and busting out tons of pages super fast...but with this intricacy...h o w?!?!
    81kgtCU6+IL.jpg

Kokoro Connect manga adaptation with art by CuteG (genres: Shounen, Supernatural, Comedy, Drama, School, Romance, 13+)
    Fun fact: CuteG and I share a birthday. But besides that, for a cute manga adaptation in the shounen and school life genres, this is soooo well-done. It feels like every panel was drawn so carefully and with so much going into every page...it really became a favorite of mine instantly. It does the story justice, even if many fans of the original rainobe agree that five volumes wasn't enough. It's adorable and simple yet cool and complex all at once.
    42992069211_0df0a131f5_o.png 42269521474_d0a28a85f6_o.jpg

That's all I'll post for now. I could talk for hours.

super_lovee likes this.
  6. super_lovee

super_lovee Trainee

Currency:
    nice! and arina tanemura is one of my favorite manga artists, her stories can be cliche sometimes but i really love them.. her art style is VERY pretty. actually i really enjoyed shinshi doumei cross and even had a few physical volumes of the manga.

kween_eunbi likes this.
  7. kween_eunbi

kween_eunbi Newbie

Currency:
    I used to be a huge slut for owning manga. I had most of Arina's series just for her art style (also her side panels are entertaining and she's an artist I enjoy supporting). I'm sure Sakura Hime Kaden, Shinshi Doumei Cross, a couple volumes of 31 Idream and a few one-shot volumes of hers are in my mom's basement still. Full Moon wo Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyouko and Phantom Thief Jeanne were all series I checked out at a library or borrowed when I was younger, though. I also happen to own every volume of the other two series I posted, too. But besides that, I tend to only purchase yuri series, and as my sister says, it's kind of a problem. I think the only ones available in the US I haven't purchased are Netsuzou Trap (because it's awful) and Hana to Hina no Houkago, which I should buy because Morinaga Milk stories are my weakness :)

super_lovee likes this.
  8. super_lovee

super_lovee Trainee

Currency:
    wow!! you've owned a lot of manga! i had much manga too like the tokypop versions of fruits basket but i gave them away like an idiot! and oh my god you don't know how crazy i was over phantom thief jeanne (especially the anime) it was my favorite lol. so you must be a huge yuri fan then?? that's nice. :) but yeah manga is pretty expensive lol.

9. MotoMoto_Hyung

MotoMoto_Hyung Married to @King_Zest

Currency:
    Skinny
    Air Gear:
    [​IMG]

Bakemonogatari:
    [​IMG]

Biorg Trinity:
    [​IMG]

All the manga we're drawn by the same artist and I love them all because I think his style is really beautiful although he tends to be a perv so that can get distracting but more often than not the art is really amazing

kween_eunbi and super_lovee like this.
  10. StrawHat_luffy

StrawHat_luffy Super Rookie

Currency:
    Caption
    Slam Dunk (Best sports manga imo)
    large.jpg 564afad999bd3f56ca3e59372b670345.jpg

Vagabond by same author as slam dunk
    ed6f2c2c03f5b98fbbea0fc50e78367b.jpg 2bb0b64e4a03f47a497dfb1f96493182.jpg

Kokou no hito
    screen-shot-2016-09-19-at-4-13-18-pm.png kokou-no-hito-2182161.jpg

Welcome to the ballroom
    mangascreen.png c4c73cd3fcb0740a4a2349adc58a97e6.jpg

kween_eunbi and super_lovee like this.
  11. kween_eunbi

kween_eunbi Newbie

Currency:
    Oh yeah it ain't cheap. I usually got them discounted on Amazon (with many series, pre-ordered) and back when I was in middle/high school they'd be a thing I'd get as a reward or for my birthday from my mom. Also, I am an avid yuri reader, though many of the stories are questionable. I really enjoyed Girl Friends, the Kase-san series and YagaKimi, for one, because it felt much more realistic and the emotions felt more pure.

super_lovee likes this.
  12. super_lovee

super_lovee Trainee

Currency:
    yeah they are just super expensive at barnes and noble, maybe i should get amazon ahaha. and i get what you mean about the stories being questionable, i have read yuri, yaoi, and straight romances and sometimes i feel like the relationships just aren't realistic at all. it's fiction after all but it's nice to see relationships that are more accurately portrayed and that also show consent between the protagonists.

kween_eunbi likes this.
  13. David_Malan

David_Malan Newbie

Currency:
  14. akznzn

akznzn Newbie

Currency:
    A dude who is a Flover
    Definitely blame!

15. heyjjjjj

heyjjjjj Trainee

Currency:
    [​IMG]

Vampire Knight. Almost every page is an art. But as much as I love its art, I hated the 2 brown haired characters so I can't bring myself to read it. So I just resorted to the mangakas other work.

16. NemuriNezumi

NemuriNezumi Groovy Dormouse

Currency:
    Uni student
    the author or Amatsuki and haigakura has one of the best styles I have ever seen

same with the person that drew the manga adaptation/spin-off prequel of the novels of Ilegenes

if webtoons count, then I absolutely love the art style of Who made me a princess/suddendly I became a princess