Mamamoo's Starry Night puts them as a top girl group

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by songqion, Mar 25, 2018.

1. soshilovelife

Yes thanks for this. Everybody calls the song boring and I love it from the sound to the vocals to the mv plus it is proving to be their most successful song so far.

Congrats girls!

2. Skinner17

Skinner17 Public Figure

Mamamoo certainly proven their worth with this comeback. They have fandom power and General public support on korea. At their last appearance of sugarman, they won by landslide on all age bracket with ratio like 40:3 against their opponets lol... Of course they are the power to be recognized.
    Their song still hang on top. and the girls been everywhere. Their schedule alr full until end of the yr. I am so happy for them.

Btw Hwasa just released mv of her solo and she was trending on sk. Its amazing. Check it out!

ThisGuy, bitnari, magito and 4 others like this.
  3. heeheehe

heeheehe Newbie

The song is killer!! Been playing it over and over on my playlist since it's been released. I'm glad they are doing so well

bitnari likes this.
  4. funkycucumber

funkycucumber Trainee

To people boasting about YouTube views pls note blackpink is YG's one and only girl group and there are many YG stans internationally who will check out blackpink. Mamamoo on the other hand started off from complete nobodies, from a company no international fan heard of before. Their debut music show had less than 10 fans (all comprising of their own relatives and friends). Really? They started off from such different grounds.

Yes blackpink songs are doing phenomenally well.. Teddy is a composer many listen to. Idk man I will really truly brag of high dls and streams when the artists themselves play a huge part in its production. Mamamoo has a huge role in selecting their album concepts, writes their own lyrics, have started composing (solar composed their promoted b track for yellow flower) and have been choreographing their own dances for all their title tracks. Not sure how much blackpink is involved in their productions.

EazyC, mirella, bitnari and 5 others like this.
  5. meister92

meister92 Rookie

Procrastinate
    really? most of my friends only heard of mamamoo but not know them. they basically don't even bother with non-big3 groups, only cnblue & gfriend that are well known to them.

magito likes this.
  6. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Public Figure

It’s always been twice, Wall, red velvet, mamamoo, gfriend

Mamamoo never left the top 3 as far as I know

EazyC likes this.
  7. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Public Figure

Kinda yeah. That adds up lol

ThisGuy and bitnari like this.
  8. astraeapop

astraeapop Celebrity

I think they're definitely in the top five. And to me, once you're in there, you're doing good, and different aspects of your artistry will appeal to different people depending on what said people are looking for. For me, Mamamoo are one of the most exciting kpop groups around for having the chutzpah to experiment with a sound that's so outside their wheelhouse and show tangible progression across everything, especially the video etc. And this, added to the group's role in shaping their creative direction + the well-known talent / charisma etc. --- it all comes together to make them an undeniable force. It's nice to see a non-big 3 (big 4 now? hehe) group doing their thing and getting solid returns for it. They may not have massive YouTube or immense physicals, but they're very deservedly ranked as a 'digimon' now.

Internationally, I have no idea tbh. Twitter seems to collectively despise them so IDK. It's also apparent that a lot of ifans didn't realise Mamamoo had fans or something lmfao. So many Twitter stans were salty and pressed that they were winning music shows and have been sitting in the top two on Melon above their fave boy groups since release etc. Oh well.

Stream the healing, sad but sexy ballad of the year:

#48 astraeapop, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  9. bangmenah

bangmenah Celebrity

House wife
    I won’t deny Mamamoos talent or success, but I won’t like them or give them a chance because they were black face all the time?!

KpopLoverEurope and Mergs like this.
  10. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

Idol
    I find mamamoo a top tier group lately. They are too successful to be anywhere less than that. I want them to continue slaying.

EazyC, songqion and astraeapop like this.
  11. astraeapop

astraeapop Celebrity

They committed egregious and disgusting blackface once, and sincerely apologised multiple times for it (I completely understand if people want nothing to do with them for this reason).

Stan Twitter then proceeded to make them the local scapegoat, and likes to accuse them of doing so repeatedly despite it not being true (I'm completely not okay with this).

For example: The one where Solar was dressing as a Korean beggar character from 'Train to Busan', doesn't count. Nor does Hwasa dressing as a damn clown. The members wearing urnas doesn't count as appropriation given one is a practising Buddhist and another was literally raised by Buddhist parents. And no, Hwasa calling herself 'dark unnie' because she is literally dark-skinned and gets shit for it all the time is not the same as her calling herself 'Black unnie'. I could honestly go on and on, lmao.

But you are free to believe as you wish as much of the bandwagon loves to do.

EazyC, mirella, ThisGuy and 7 others like this.
  12. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

Idol
    What!!! Are they racist?

13. InfiresRedAngel

InfiresRedAngel Celebrity

Theorist, Activist
    Is that so? Yikes... in UAE, I'd say the hottest groups right now are BTS, EXO, Red Velvet, Seventeen and Mamamoo (And to some extent Blackpink and more recently NCT). Where do you live?

14. InfiresRedAngel

Theorist, Activist
    Because right now Starry Night is hot. All of BP's songs are just... there. They had their moment, but it left, so Blinks are left streaming the same songs over and over

BaoziLea likes this.
  15. InfiresRedAngel

Theorist, Activist
    Chill please..... yes, there was a time when they did blackface, but they apologized for it and educated themselves.

16. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

Idol
    Ahhh, ok. I hate the fact that many Koreans still find the blackface funny or a joke.

I was kinda getting interested in mamamoo and now I feel like I'm losing the interest.

17. astraeapop

astraeapop Celebrity

Here's a thread on the matter, you may not agree with all of it and that is perfectly okay but that's the tea (the first tweet is sarcasm):

Mergs and sonemariam like this.
  18. InfiresRedAngel

Theorist, Activist
    Ah, that happens. It's fine, maybe you'll regain interest when you watch funny videos of them or watch Solar and Eric Nam on We Got Married... or maybe when they release something new :)

sonemariam likes this.
  19. zedi

zedi Trendsetter

that racist thing again?
    i'm not fan of them but the subject is about Mamamoo taking over the GGs on Korea
    and about yeah this still didn't beat BP in long run songs i mean
    right now red flavor is 51
    AIITY is still 62
    and those about 10 months songs
    anyway let's just wait and see even tho i highly doubt that

20. Yabie

Yabie Star

Mamamoo is loved by korean public. you can shit on them all you won't but it wont change the fact that they're one of the most loved girlgroups among gp.

why is this thread full of offtopic posts.

EazyC, mirella, magito and 2 others like this.