MAMAMOO - reality in BLACK Full Album

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by crystal105, Nov 14, 2019.

1. crystal105

crystal105 Super Rookie

Currency:
    It's now out on Spotify!

This album is great, really diverse! Guess it paid off to work with some new producers this time. I had the right impressions from the teasers. Pretty much digging all the b-sides but particularly:
    • Universe - what I expected from a Cosmic Girl production
    • 4x4ever - intense! Moonbyul's rap in this reminded me of her flow in Bad Bye, my favourite in WW album
    • High Tension - so smooth, jazzy Mamamoo is back
    • Ten Nights - the OT4 vocals and harmonies got me :waterr:

Pixels, bamboozled_61, Taeri and 3 others like this.
  2. acadz

acadz Rookie

Currency:
    Not including Destiny which they already released, 4x4ever, Better, High Tension, Universe and reality are the stand-out b-sides for me.

3. Angela_Cao

Angela_Cao Hwasa's Alt allkpop Account

Currency:
    The album was definitely diverse in terms of music genre: from the somber ballads that showcase their vocals very well (especially the well-known harmonies) like The Nights and Hello Mama to songs that showed testing new waters in terms of genre like Destiny to more fun and playful songs like ZzZzZ and I'm Your Fan to songs that still have the old MAMAMOO like High Tension, and therefore showcasing the versatility and musicality of MAMAMOO very well (how they're able to perform all genres displayed in the album relatively well). For those who didn't enjoy HIP much, the b-sides will leave you satisfied as a compensation (as much as I enjoyed HIP, I thought it was one of the weaker tracks of the album tbh though the rap line did very well). While Wheesa have my most favorite voices of the group, I'm glad Moonbyul got to sing a good amount in their album aside from rapping as I thought that her voice added a nice depth and good contrast/bass in comparison to the lighter-weight voices of the vocal line, and she did relatively well in the album. While HIP showed straying further from the focus of the vocals, a good amount of their b-sides like their ballads and "Destiny" showcase their vocals well and still affirm MAMAMOO as the vocal powerhouses of the 3rd generation. Overall, I enjoyed all the album and all the songs get better as you listen to them more.

Rating: 4/5

Hallybell and crystal105 like this.
  4. Hallybell

Hallybell Married to @misoni

Currency:
    It’s a great album overall. I prefer Destiny, Ten nights and Universe.

Even Hello Mama which is a bit too chill for my taste is amazing.