MAMAMOO DROPPED THE HAND MICS

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by crystal105, Nov 14, 2019.

1. crystal105

crystal105 Trainee

Currency:
    Idk if everyone is familiar but Mamamoo's never used head mics. They're coming to dance DANCE. Lia Kim did the choreography this time. They look so damn good. I'm so ready for HIP, let's get it!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS if you hear 2 voices in the MR removed it's probably because Solar sang the entire song again lmao

#1 crystal105, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Pixels, Menean, Angela_Cao and 4 others like this.
  2. rinah108

rinah108 Trendsetter

Currency:
    i'm so not used to this hahahaha

3. icyruios

icyruios Celebrity

Currency:
    Haters be like "Mamamoo can't dance", bitch they were just giving your faves a chance to survive in the industry.

Also, now that you mentioned it, I realise my favourite groups uses hand mics more often as well. I went to check Sistar's performance and most of their performances uses hand mics (Shake It, Touch My Body, I Swear, Alone). Those that they uses headmics were for more sophisticated dances like "Give It To Me" (Hyolyn uses hand mic but the rest have more special solo parts) and "I Like That" whereby they have to grab all the curtains and constant switching of their curtain skirts. Same for 2NE1 who uses hand mics more often as well

I stan groups who showcase their vocals

Angela_Cao, magito and crystal105 like this.
  4. aricent

aricent Newbie

Currency:
    And it's a Lia Kim choreography. We stay winning:excitedr:

5. Angela_Cao

Angela_Cao Public Figure

Currency:
    Professional VAMAMOO stan & mathematician wannabe
    TAExas (The Everlasting Radish Farm, TAETAELAND)
    This comeback is going to be way different from other comebacks tbh with the shift more to choreography (and maybe rap) rather than the vocals, but it’s not a terrible thing like it’s not a terrible thing to use headsets at all as they’re performing a more complex choreography while showcasing vocals as much as they can than ever before. Even proficient vocalists in like Hyolyn, Super Junior main vocalists, Red Velvet Wendy, EXO main vocalists, etc. used headsets as well as they also incorporated complex choreography with their vocals as well. After all KPOP isn’t just vocals (the focus on vocals has decreased nowadays as shown in more recent groups and comebacks of other groups as well), but mainly focused on performance (which choreography is a main base) especially nowadays: MAMAMOO is just keeping up with the trend (or something along the lines).

Less than 1 hour...:omgr:

#5 Angela_Cao, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  6. Menean

Menean Idol

Currency:
    They look good.