Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

✿ Love Yourself 轉 'Tear' ✿ Review

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by RainbowMonster, May 19, 2018.

1. RainbowMonster

RainbowMonster Entertainer

Professional Mobebe
    The time has come. I wait for these kind of albums that i am really excited for to make my opinion known so i don't bore the hell out of people with too many of these but here aye come.

[​IMG]

1. Intro:Singularity - I am so damn glad that V got his solo outing, the song is a great chill anthem. The small amount of instrumental makes the song much slower and edgier, even tho that isn't something i particularly like it still gave way to his voice having center stage in a song where he didn't have to overuse his voice and was completely in his register. A very solid song.
    2. Fake(u) Love - This beautiful shit confused the hell out of me when i heard it. But i liked it instantly and since then it has not exited my mind. The whole song is lead by a string sound with a slow beat and atmospheric sounds, these three elements make kind if a creepy melody that is really catchy along side their well timed "FAKEU LOVE"-s. The claping makes a great crescendo to the choruses and the repeating of parts of the text really sounds great. Love the song, another great title song.
    3. 전하지 못한 진심 - This one probably surprised me the most. When i saw Steve Aoki i expected another electro hit, instead i got a truly beautiful ballad like damn i love this song. Half the song is only singing and then at the half point a very chill and smooth electronic sound comes on and just continues the awesomeness of the song. Their voices are beautiful, this song is beautiful.
    4. 134340 (Pluto) - After a second listen this song sounds much better to me. I understand why other people like this but it isn't my style. The flute and the "dont know which genre this is" vibe didn't really sit with me so i have to say this is my least favorite song of the bunch.
    5. Paradise - Has a similar vibe to pluto, very slow paced with a really slow drum beat, it's an ok song, but nothing I really found special in it. Their voices, for me at least, have too big of a gap between verses and it just makes it that much slower. Second least favorite of the bunch.
    6. Love Maze - The moment the beat started and i heard Kooks voice, just damn boys. Instantly knew i was gonna love the song. Their singing felt so melodic in this song with the guitar rifts helping so much and giving me an ear orgasm. The rapping followed by the hypnotizing sound in the background was just awesome. The chorus is short and sweat, so well executed. Love love love this song.
    7. Magic Shop - So i usually don't like ballad like songs. UNLESS THEY ARE FROM FRKIN BTS. They turn a ballad into something not boring, they harmonize the whole song with their voices and just completely let loose with their vocals. And then they go in and add a electro melody in the chorus, what more can i ask for? I legit thought this was produced by the Chainsmokers and Suga surprised me as always. More of this pleaseee!
    8. Airplane pt.2 - I had no idea what to think of this at first. A latin song? Very unexpected, thought it might be another rap, not a latin song, like what??? And then it turned out to be awesome. RM's electronically modified voice really gave it a different tone for me and besides the stellar guitar was probably the best thing in the song. Not to undermine their singing, that was great too. I approve of Lo Siento v2.0.
    9. Anpanman - At first it reminded me of Outro:Wings, then it became Airplane and then i got blown away by the combined rapping power of J-Dope and Suga cause it sounds so GOOOOD! V's chorus sounds really cool and i could listen to it all day, im not even joking it's that good. The rest of the song just builds on that and gets better and better. Airplane/Wings approved.
    10. So What - The turn of the century techo vibe this song has really speaks to me, I have always and will always love these kinds of songs, they just make me happy. I was really glad to hear Suga getting a giant rap verse at the start and their vocals going so well with the songs melody. Rm and J-Dope had a great rap verse too and the vocal lines performance during the chorus was perfect. Awesome song all in all.
    11. Outro:Tear - I was so sad to hear there would not be any more cyphers even tho i'm not particularly fond of rap. And damn did this delivere me with my needed dose of rap in their albums. They had a strong delivery and all 3 of them had such good verses i really cant ask for more. Awesome rap line song, highly recommend it for any rap enthusiasts.

Something that i have to say is that they went into so many different generes all complementing them in some way. Even tho it's not my favorite album i still love it so much and i'm really hyped for the second MV, and there is probably gonna be one. The thing i loved most was the love Jhin got, he got so much more text in the songs and man it could be felt, and the songs were better cause of it, it just gave a freshness to their singing and his voice has a unique melody to it so i was very glad that this happened. V got more lines too and literally 2 whole choruses just for him (including his solo song).

#1 RainbowMonster, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. d0_kyunqso

d0_kyunqso Artist

I LOVE YOUR REVIEW!! you know, my favorite album has been dark&wild for the longest time but gosh this album may have beat it.. album had so much variety and depth i loved it Q_Q....134340 is not much of my style either

my favorites: The Truth Untold, Fake Love, Love Maze, Anpanman, Magic Shop (I am SOOO proud of jungkook) Oof we have the similar perspective; I'm not a huge fan of rap in general, but still I was sad to see cyphers go but new page for BTS so cyphers aren't needed any more :)

3. RainbowMonster

Professional Mobebe
    You speak the truth and im glad you liked the review ^^
    All of those are my faves as well.
    I don't even know which album i love the most, i never just got to sitting down and seeing all the songs in each album and then thinking about which one has the most. I might do that when i have the time tho.

d0_kyunqso likes this.
  4. Fyla

Fyla Artist

After several listening and after reading the subtitles, I am unable to choose the song that prefers.
    Although I do not like slow-moving songs, the powerful lyrics and emotions that emanate from singers (as BTS always does), I love these songs.

small news: Magic Shop is for ARMYs and Airplane pt.2 is for a group of Latin boys who made racist comments (with the help of a radio host) and intimidated an ARMY who was a fan 2 groups (hence the Latin rhythm and lyrics)

#4 Fyla, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  5. Autumn_Leaves

Autumn_Leaves Artist

My thoughts on all the songs are pretty much the same as yours.. :confused:

RainbowMonster likes this.
  6. RainbowMonster

Professional Mobebe
    CNCO? ik they made some stupid comments and i was just like, meh, jelous

7. RainbowMonster

Professional Mobebe
    Glad to hear it :cool:

Autumn_Leaves likes this.
  8. RainbowMonster

Professional Mobebe
    Made this whole thing on my damned phone that doesnt want to allow me to use the select tool :mad: rly a pot of work just btw