Looks like WJSN is gonna be the next GG to hit 100k sales

Discussion in 'Achievements' started by afilleraccount, Apr 9, 2020.

?

Should top girl groups sell 100k minimum?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. afilleraccount

afilleraccount Trendsetter

Currency:
    Along with (G)I-dle in the April Gaon update.

As You Wish just crossed 96647 copies as of the March update. Meaning they’re 3, 353 copies away from getting the landmark accomplishment. They did that without C-line too. Anticipate their next comeback.

What does this change about the GG landscape now?
    Twice, Blackpink, RV, Izone, MamaMoo, IOI, and Itzy all did it.

Can we start expecting top girl groups to hit 100k sales now?

Castor likes this.
  2. Castor

Castor Celebrity

Currency:
    ✅4th gen kpop is superior than 3rd gen✅
    I mean 100k seems to be the milestone to reach for many girl groups right now so yes. It may become 200k in the future due to the ever rising physical market now.

3. pixilattedd

pixilattedd Public Figure

Currency:
    Student
    Congrats for those groups, yes! I do think 100k sales are a milestone, but this is for today's standards. I hope more and more groups can cross that line! Lowkey wanting Oh My Girl to do it.

I can only imagine how higher would older kpop gg like Kara, SNSD and f(x) sell these days.

nana18 and afilleraccount like this.
  4. afilleraccount

afilleraccount Trendsetter

Currency:
    Oh my girl deserves so much more

5. salem9

salem9 Celebrity

Currency:
    Unfortunately, fans of the bigger groups (Twice, BP, izone) will be aiming for way more of what they’ve already sold. It serms like competition is on fire, so the standards and pressure will grow too

PINKBLINK likes this.
  6. PINKBLINK

PINKBLINK Public Figure

Currency:
    One in a Million
    100k isnt top GG milestone imho. True top groups should be aiming at 300k as a baseline minimum in 2020.

I mean smaller groups like Idle, Itzy, etc are passing 100k...i really think they way i look at it is...

If one of those groups sells 100k its considered an amazing success-but if Twice, Izone and BP were to sell 100k it would be considered abject failure.

MassiveKpopFan likes this.
  7. MassiveKpopFan

MassiveKpopFan Married to @njsjyghsjmthjk

Currency:
    Student
    So mid tier GGs benchmark - 150k
    Top tier GGs - 300k

Sound about right to you?

PINKBLINK likes this.
  8. TooBlue99

TooBlue99 Newbie

Currency:
    Oh My Girl needs to cross 40k sales first. Even though it may seem like a low expectation, I would be ecstatic to see that kind of sales result. Since they are definitely focused instead on trying to deliver a hit with the general public.

In order to reach such a milestone, girl groups needs to amass a large international following. This is one of the main reasons why K-Pop groups have higher album sales than in the past, to the point that some girl groups that are not well known with the Korean general public have unbelievable sales results.

The reason why Oh My Girl's sales are so poor is because their international reach is nonexistent. Both WJSN and Fromis 9 have much bigger international fandoms than Oh My Girl, even without factoring in China. WJSN is especially popular in China though, where they are one of the representative K-Pop groups in the country ever since their C-line started solo activities (even though they no longer participate in WJSN directly).

9. PINKBLINK

PINKBLINK Public Figure

Currency:
    One in a Million
    Maybe not mid tier....but groups that are just below the sort of elite sellers.

Album sales have gone so far up...i mean just 2 years ago only 1 album ever sold more the 400k this gen for ggs. Now Twice have 4 and Izone 1 with both groups pushing 500k and BP will likely hit 500k this year too.

Its hard to call 100k top tier, in reality for a true top group that hasnt been hard to hit since 2015 ro 16.

My opinion. 150k is like upper mid tier groups. Those GGs that are just below the top.