Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

List of companies that may send their trainees on Produce 48 (JYP, BBC, Pledis, Starship, ect)

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Lubby00, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

2. SusanLiu

SusanLiu Entertainer

Interesting!

3. realangel

realangel Artist

Gassing my faves tf UP
    No Cube.....Interesting

4. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

They’re up there, but I guess the English translated one forgot to list them

5. realangel

realangel Artist

Gassing my faves tf UP
    Ahh only looked at the English one ty!
    Wonder who from CLC will be there

Lubby00 likes this.
  6. ezenk

ezenk Star

petting dogs 24/7
    i kinda doubt jyp will actually send anybody. He only sent ryujin to mixnine because he's close with yg. It'll probably be too close to jyp's ngg debut

jimeous likes this.
  7. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

JYP sent Somi on P101 s2, & they were planning on sending one of their boys on P101 s2 but likely didn’t due to preparing a boy group plus the rule of no company activities if they make the group. P48 will allow its contestants who make the group to promote with their companies, so maybe they will send someone

jimeous likes this.
  8. ezenk

ezenk Star

petting dogs 24/7
    They only sent Somi because she really wanted to do it and they reluctantly let her. They originally weren't going to send anyone at all. I still don't think jyp would truly be okay with having one of his members be in two groups at once but that's just my opinion

jimeous likes this.
  9. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

JYP is not even close to finishing Stray Kids' debut promo. The NGG is probably looking at another 2 years time. Could Somi wait that long? Sure she can, why do you think they signed her immediately after IOI disbanded?

jimeous likes this.
  10. XOXOdmlu

XOXOdmlu Super Rookie

Is JYPE really going to send a trainee? I thought all the big 3 made a statement when Produce101 season 2 was released stating that they don’t see a need to promote their trainees because the way they promote is already proven to be successful. JYPE only sent ryujin to mixnine because JYPE and YG have a good relationship and it was probably to help boost talk about the show. The girls are already rumored to be debuting early 2019 and members will be released by the end of this year with a survival show of their own (probably similar format to stray kids). I doubt theyll send one of the girls to a program that will be released and filmed mid 2018 when the girls will do their own thing late 2018

ezenk and jimeous like this.
  11. jimeous

jimeous Star

Somi asked to go on P101, JYPE initially rejected requests from P101

Stray Kids have their own Task Force Team which will manage the group exclusively, it doesn't matter when JYPE debuts a group as it will have no impact on how SKs is managed and promoted.

P48 will give access to one of the best Producers in Japan, something that will probably never come around, the advertising in Japan alone is more than enough for JYPE to make considerations.

Now how interesting would it be if JYPE put Ryujin on P48 :p

12. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

The task force team is different but the profit remains in one account that disperse to the entire company. We are talking money wise here, no one would debut 2 groups close to one another because it would definitely result in a loss rather than profit. Because as you debut a group you still need profit to continue the group's promotion and until the profit exceeds the cost for the group's promotion is when the company can roll those money for the next debut.

Unless they debut them in sub companies like JYP did with Day6 under Studio J and Twice right after under JYPE. Sub companies have separate finances so if that is the case, then yes, it doesn't matter when they debut each group.

13. KawaiiSamii

Lubs really trynna promote and hype up this PD48 group.

keyboardwarrior7 and ezenk like this.
  14. biearbe

biearbe Entertainer

student
    still dont get it
    sois pd48
    just like pd101 but w/ 2 japanese girls

15. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

:cool:

16. KawaiiSamii

Soooo members still graduate and rotate through a 12 member group but while being in this grou they can still promote in their original groups? How long are contracts?

This sounds like a bad idea..
    IOI fans got pissed cause certain companies where trying to promote and debut girls while the group was having their own promotions splitting the group in half. After School lost a lot of popularity with that rotational ting and Baby Vox tried it. Jewel did too but they never really did all that well.

I don't like this idea. Korea doesn't like the rotational group idea. I feel like their best bet would to be to debut in Japan and have that as their main focus and have Korea as a secondary.

#16 KawaiiSamii, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    ypmonce likes this.
  17. KawaiiSamii

Also for the past discussion I can see JYPE letting two of his acts Ryujin and Somi probably debut in the group with a year long contract and then have the girls graduate and get in their original groups. But I don't want Somi to have to go through another survival show.

ypmonce likes this.
  18. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

Mnet debunked it, though it seemed more like an idea that was taken into consideration as oppose to straight made up info. Though the part where members can also promote with their companies is true, since some AKB48 members also belong to other 48 sister groups and are even part of other agencies for acting, modeling, ect

19. KawaiiSamii

So it's going to be a non-rotational group with 12 people (6 JPN and 6 KOR) and they will promote as a group? But if the time comes or one of their original groups are doing something they have to temporarily leave the group and do what has more priority?

So no one graduates? At all? 100% no graduation? No rotation or anything like that.

20. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

Mnet debunked the amount of members alongside the voting system, so the 12 member lineup is deconfirmed & they haven’t revealed how many will be in. Teams were said to happen, so it could be 3 teams of 12 or something. Mnet said they’ll reveal more soon