Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Let me be delulu for a sec

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by perpetualpotato, Jul 16, 2018.

1. perpetualpotato

perpetualpotato Notable

I don't know how many of you remember, but a while back this insta account popped up:

There's been some speculation on what it means and if it's even real. Some think SM took over the account and that they're planning something (especially since it's apparently listed as the official one on Taeyeon's album and the previous owner of the account was pretty vocal about being annoyed with them), however it hasn't become a verified account and neither has anyone from SM followed it. I've been pretty cynical about it, but I figured I'd take a look at what SNSD has done in July.
    Guess what? Their first live of Into The New World was on July 19th. So if this account happens to be real, wouldn't it make sense to hear what the 'coming soon' means on 19th?
    [​IMG]
    I feel like I might've missed something important but I just woke up ok

2. SooYoung

SooYoung Icon

Prophet of the Sone and fromis_9 religion !!!
    The dream of Each sone

SM announce the debut of a sub unit of SNSD with the 5 member still under SM

KidLeader112 and perpetualpotato like this.
  3. KidLeader112

S♡NE
    I wish TT I need Soshi back!

perpetualpotato likes this.
  4. autumnleaf_soshi

we'll see how this goes.

5. xxSophiexx

xxSophiexx Trainee

Student
    I wish that was true.

6. arieam

arieam Notable

omg the girl complaining on instagram just made me roll my eyes. girlsgeneration is trademarked, sm has every right to take the account without permission. i know that's harsh but it's the truth. it sucks she lost what she worked on but...

anyway it's definitely real. it's too much of a coincidence. but i think they're using it to promote the reality show. like how taeyeon did her reality show on instagram. i just don't see an ot5 song...that would be really fucked up and would confuse korea even more.

also tiffany's about to start her asian fanmeeting tour for over my skin, that would overlap with a comeback if it was ot8. i think it's for the reality show and possibly an ot8 anniversary song.

sigh i can't help but feel the tiniest bit of resentment being a jessica fan. this is basically it. three members out of sm but snsd is still 8.

7. perpetualpotato

perpetualpotato Notable

Yeah the situation sucks and I think maybe they could've at least warned her, but in the end it's trademarked. She might be able to create some hassle if she decides to fight it on the basis of her having had the account for a long time, but SM would still win.

As much as I'd like to see a comeback, the reality show does seem like the most logical option. I won't complain tho, I'd love to see that show asap :D Unless it's on youtube red fml.

Tbh when I realized it's almost the anniversary of the first ITNW performance, I had this small spark of hope for a ot9 cb but I think that might be a bit too delusional lol

arieam likes this.
  8. arieam

arieam Notable

i think they didn't have time to inform her since they already put the username on taeyeon's album they didn't want people to mistaken the girls instagram for sm's official one.

yea i think it might be an anniversary song + the reality show. i think there is a possibility for a ot5 song too but i just think that would just complicate things for snsd i don't see it as a good thing...

and i wish...ot9 :( i miss them so much. tiffany said this recently:

9. hamster37

hamster37 Newbie

i have a more delulu idea:
    1) a world tour for Holiday Night
    or
    2) a sub-label

I really wish they can have a sub label and it is not impossible since SooTiffSeo are able to promote with SNSD (their companies allow it) and SM have been giving SNSD more freedom (i guess) in composing/writing music

but it is still a delusional thought haha

10. perpetualpotato

perpetualpotato Notable

A would tour would be great, Holiday Night really is a great album and deserves more. I just hope it would bring them to Scandinavia so I could see them too :D
    Their own sub-label would be pretty awesome too. I'd love to see what they'd do with that kind of freedom... and maybe they could take in a few trainees and debut a new girl group as their protégé.

hamster37 likes this.