Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

lemme rate ur songs

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by kKaliko, Jan 12, 2018.

1. kKaliko

kKaliko Artist

2. AyanoE

AyanoE Super Rookie

Daduda and gay6 like this.
  3. pristineee

pristineee Artist

4. realangel

realangel Artist

5. blossom_girl

blossom_girl Legend

6. kKaliko

kKaliko Artist

i quite like this a lot. reminds me of bts' dope with cheesy pop rock influences and boastful lyrics. the singers do well in the song and the rappers are visibly skilled. the metaphorical hot potato is a bit strange and funny though haha. it's a good song, 8/10, and i may think of stanning this group some time later.

i like sound of this as well. reminds of retro 70s-80s disco, with the instrumentation and atmosphere. its a good mix of sexy and cute, and i like the singing a lot. ive learnt to not expect much from female rappers, and of course the rapping is cringe and forced. they shouldn't have rap. but still this song is a solid bop and easily one of the best releases from a girl group this year. 7.5/10

this is visibly more hiphop focussed. i like the lofi jazz instrumentation, it's slick and simple. i like the understated vocals a lot and the rap is sick and flows really well. this is something good to chill out to, gives off warm 90s hiphop vibes. 8/10.

Daduda likes this.
  7. Erae

Erae Entertainer

K47ja likes this.
  8. gay6

gay6 Artist

9. kKaliko

kKaliko Artist

this song is very well produced. gives off edm-oriental vibes. very dreamy and soothing. lyrics are simple and well-written, ten has a soothing voice, but i would've liked this better as an instrumental, the instrumental and the choreography already speak volumes about its message. ten is an amazing dancer, he expresses himself very well. interesting imagery. love it. 8.5/10.

the instrumental is lush and slick. i like that there's not too much going on in the song. i feel like i'm spacebound, even without watching the video. her voice is very soothing, though can be bland and dry at times in the song, i like that her voice isn't annoyingly high pitched. a very soothing pop ballad with lofi elements, god i love lofi elements. 7.5/10

the opening chords sound like a typical orchestration but replaced with synthetic keys. i don't know why, but it does appeal to me a lot. i love young k's voice, it's so rich and smooth and of a comfortable timbre. what's up with that guy on the far left and his lack of lines? the whole song has an okay instrumental, i don't mind it but it's nothing special. the singing is smooth and very consistent. with a very thematic nostalgic atmosphere, with rock and pop elements. it's a good song, a solid pop rock ballad, but nothing that stands out to me. 7/10.

#9 kKaliko, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Daduda, gay6 and blossom_girl like this.
  10. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Legend

11. GramStan

GramStan Artist

It's an oldie, but it's worth a review

12. K47ja

K47ja Artist

13. wuxiee

wuxiee Artist

14. InfiresRedAngel

InfiresRedAngel Entertainer

I was gonna give you Mic Drop Remix but then I saw your pfp so..... Here try this

15. Vikki_Kimmi

Vikki_Kimmi Artist

16. deza7744

deza7744 Rookie

17. kKaliko

kKaliko Artist

thanks for the rec.

this song is so good. i've always been a fan of the pop rock genre. reminds me of the vocaloid genre. the voices are nice to listen to, my favourite voice is the richer deeper one, but she didn't get a lot of lines :( good mix of electric guitar and piano, nice instrumental. the rapping is unnecessary though, girl groups don't need rappers unless they're hiphop oriented. oh well.
    without the rapping the song would've been perfect, but with this version i'll hand it a 9/10.

thanks for the rec.
    i've been a fan of the 80s-90s disco/pop genre, it reminds me of michael jackson's early stuff and some stuff krizz kaliko is putting out at the moment.
    the saxophone in the instrumental is super slick, with an easy rhythm.
    not a fan of the opening lines though, i don't dragged out words, they sound whiny and tiresome. it was powerful though, i'll give her credit.
    i like the female with the lower voice, her voice is comfortable to listen to, though all the voices did very well.
    that high note though! so powerful. the song's clean, solid, and straight to the point. 9.5/10

the acoustic instrumental is nice. it's simple and to the point.
    i don't like how breathy she is though. it's excessive.
    she does portray emotion well though.
    there's not a lot going in the song and it's very well focussed. i like simple things.
    there's nothing that stands out about this though. maybe it's just me, it's a good song, but i wouldn't listen to it again by myself. 6.5/10.

the songs funky! it's oldschool disco pop with a modern electronic twist. the two go well.
    the rapping has a fine flow, im not bothered by it. the chorus genuinely makes me want to dance.
    the voices are so good, high and low.
    ill be sure to check out more of their stuff. this is excellent. 9.5/10

seeing as you like bap, i'd expect a boys replublic song from you.
    this reminds me of a lot of bap's and bts' old stuff , with excellent rapping and powerful vocals. its noticeably more rapheavy than bap's songs.
    the boys pull the badass concept very well.
    while i have nothing to praise about the instrumental, it does meld well with the voices.
    it's a solid bop. 7.5/10

i do actually know who sonamoo is, and this song.
    the song has a cool smooth feel, and the rapping is actually good, coming from a female gg.
    the instrumental is sick, the acoustic and samba elements works very well in pop.
    the vocals are powerful and very fine.
    it's solid. 8/10

#17 kKaliko, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Daduda and Vikki_Kimmi like this.
  18. kKaliko

kKaliko Artist

@GramStan

based on the genre youll probably like these songs. try checking them out.

GramStan likes this.
  19. lulinolcy24

lulinolcy24 Entertainer

Sentimental Scenery - A long journey

Davichi - PET

20. GramStan

GramStan Artist

They're both pretty good, although on first listen Talk Up On It is closer to my style. I liked it the most. Probably 8.5 out of 10. Bite Your Tongue 7.5 maybe 8, but they're both definitely songs I'd listen to again. I'm really out of touch with modern western music though, most of the new stuff I've been into lately is JRock.