kpop online auditions?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chaereos, May 30, 2016.

1. chaereos

chaereos Newbie

Currency:
    has anyone auditioned for any kpop company like online? if so could you share ur experience tnx

AnisLake likes this.
  2. chaereos

chaereos Newbie

Currency:
    #seenzoned

3. Lotus_Girl

Lotus_Girl Rookie

Currency:
    Looking for job
    I didn't but online auditions are easy then face to face all you do is sending a video, pictures or MP3 for signers and wait for their call

kyoong likes this.
  4. chaereos

chaereos Newbie

Currency:
    okay, thanks!

5. sunpup

sunpup Newbie

Currency:
    i've looked into online auditions before because i was curious about it, and from what i have read/watched/heard is that it's pretty straight forward.

basically you pick the category you are auditioning for (ex:singer) and you fill out the requirements for that category. let's say you were auditioning as a singer, you'd upload a clip of you singing the climax (preferably) of your song (no mic) and submit it using an MP3 file (i think i read somewhere you can't use mp4) and email it to them (through the website i think? :0)

besides that they also have to know your height,weight and etc, along with supplying them with a set of photos showing off your face (no editing involved obviously, but no makeup either)

when you submit it if you don't get a call back in about a month or two i think you can consider yourself unaccepted, but you can audition as many times as you want as long as you're not spamming them and showing them you're improving.

there are many sites dedicated to helping with this process actually, i'll link you to one i know

this one is about SM entertainment, i might be able to find one on YG and JYP later too, and maybe even lesser known companies as well.

6. Lotus_Girl

Lotus_Girl Rookie

Currency:
    Looking for job
    In the talk of SM, Did SM made MAX age for people who'd like to auddi as actors or models? I mean is there any specific age? or anyone can auddi?

KidLeader112 and sunpup like this.
  7. chaereos

chaereos Newbie

Currency:
    thank you so much! im actually planning to audition for dream-t, pledis, or some other smaller companies. ill try searching too for those kind of stuff

KidLeader112 and sunpup like this.
  8. sunpup

sunpup Newbie

Currency:
    i don't think they specifically added a cutoff age for auditioning, but i heard before that they won't really accept anyone over their early 20's (like 23?) they are looking for younger faces mainly because they want someone they can train into a star, so they look for ages around 10-20, but you could possibly still be accepted at 21-22.
    ah! good luck!! honestly i want to audition as well so if you need a friend to talk about these things you can message me ^^ i have a lot of information on these topics and i can support you with some links :D

chaereos likes this.
  9. Lotus_Girl

Lotus_Girl Rookie

Currency:
    Looking for job
    T-T I'm over 23 :( so no chance for me huh :'(

KidLeader112, seonday and sunpup like this.
  10. sunpup

sunpup Newbie

Currency:
    don't give up hope! i think that these are just recommended ages and i feel that if you are passionate and are good at what you do they can overlook age. there's no use in giving up if you haven't tried anyways, you may surprise some judges :D
    they mostly want younger people so they can have more time in training them before debut i am guessing

KidLeader112 and Lotus_Girl like this.
  11. Lotus_Girl

Lotus_Girl Rookie

Currency:
    Looking for job
    Thank you for cheering me up, can you tell me if you wanna auddi as actor what they ask for, and if you wanna auddi as Model what they ask for *-* and Thank you ><

sunpup likes this.
  12. sunpup

sunpup Newbie

Currency:
    okay! so auditioning as a model or an actor is very similar as to auditioning as a singer.
    if you were auditioning as an actor you would submit a video of you replicating a line from a TV show/movie, and send that video in an email as well (like how you would do if you were a singer, except you'd say you're auditioning as an actor and you show them clips of your acting) they will still need your height, weight and face shots for this.

now, if you want to be a model for SM you would submit your portfolio (if you have one) in an email as long as a group of 360 degree shots of your face an body. they will also need height, weight, and various measurements (like waist, bust, thigh, etc) make sure no makeup and no editing in the photo, and i am pretty sure you should also submit a video of your catwalk and some of your various poses

13. brianz

brianz Rookie

Currency:
    Remeber Kahi from After School debuted in After School when she was 29, Rana from 9Muses and Jungah from After School debued when they were 27 lol

seonday and LovelySerenity like this.
  14. soneroxierae

soneroxierae Super Rookie

Currency:
    ~Magical girl~
    im thinking about audtioning online but im a little scared:(

15. Lotus_Girl

Lotus_Girl Rookie

Currency:
    Looking for job
    So there is some hope for meh

seonday likes this.
  16. HUNYbts

HUNYbts Newbie

Currency:

Can u tell me the age limit to audition for yg audition? And im really good at dancing so is it a disadvantage? ?? plz reply asap thxxx !!!!

17. HUNYbts

HUNYbts Newbie

Currency:
    Well sadly i dont live in korea and im doing my ols rn but all im concerned is that well i will have a chance to travel alone i could go to korea but i need to know the age limit for yg auditions before its too late so that i can ajust im 16 btw plz replyy thank uuuu

18. Drewsaengukhot

Currency:
    h

#18 Drewsaengukhot, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  19. Calvin_Lam1

Calvin_Lam1 Newbie

Currency:
    hey, check out my last dance cover :
    . Do leave some comments for me.

20. NaoBun

NaoBun Super Rookie

Currency:
    Stanning groups till I die
    I have! It was super fun tbh. I believe the song I covered was BTS's Blood, Sweat, and Tears (I originally was going to go for EXO's Call Me Baby but dang them vocals too strong for me lmao). The people who listened were super sweet and said some very nice things. Definitely made me want to make more covers/upload them to YouTube. (Interestingly enough though, their favorite parts where when I rapped instead of when I sang. I was shook lol, never would've guessed that.)

Draft saved Draft deleted