kpop > jpop//cpop

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rys, Apr 16, 2016.

?

team

1. all three

2. cpop & jpop

3. cpop & kpop

4. kpop & jpop

5. kpop

6. jpop

7. cpop

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Elf_lover

Elf_lover Leader

Currency:
    I'm aware of that, but K Pop is what I got into first. It just has a better sound in my opinion.

2. parkjoyrene

parkjoyrene Trainee

Currency:
    I can't keep up with jpop simply bcos most of the groups have a graduating system (and a lot of members), so it feels like I can't really connect with them.

3. silveroaksm

silveroaksm Super Rookie

Currency:
    1. why do you think jpop // cpop < kpop in terms of international popularity?
    2. do you prefer all three or one/two of them?
    3. why all three? // which one/two of them and why?
    4. share your fav jpop//cpop group/MV

1. kpop I guess. but if just no. of fans are considered...then cpop. given that 20% of world population is China. I would say Chinese pop stars have some of the biggest fanbases as compared to kpop or jpop.
    2. I enjoy all genres. kpop more than others because of JaeJoong but other artists...I think I am about the same for all three genres.
    3. all genres have their positives and I just enjoy all kinds of music.
    4. it's hard to choose so I will post the latest one I watched.

I know it's Taiwan group but I am not sure which artist I follow that are Chinese...so I am just considering Chinese language groups.

mocochang likes this.
  4. mocochang

mocochang Celebrity

Currency:
    EXILE TRIBE trash ♥
    To me, I just appreciate J-Pop's variety. You have an insanely large variety of music styles in J-Pop, while tbh most of K-Pop releases now a days kinda follow the exact same recipe. I'm not saying it's all "the same", of course it isn't, but it's kinda like, cute concepts are a thing, so most groups will do cute concepts, now sexy concepts are popular, so nearly every group will do a sexy concept... it gets tiring :/ (but if you really like that concept, then I guess it's good to have lots of groups doing those)
    Of course there are always those that stand out, there are so many groups out there after all, and I love when groups try something different, and of course I do love K-Pop (or what would I be doing here? lol), I am an ELF after all... But overall I kinda got tired when I realized most groups didn't standout for me anymore :(

J-Pop though, because they release singles constantly you have artists changing from ballads, to cute, to edm, to hip-hop, to rockish, to an alternative sound all the time, in so many styles and colors that I can never get tired.
    Sometimes I feel like people think j-pop is only that colorful, overly cute and repetitive sound, and that's so far from the true...

thebluecapric0rn likes this.
  5. mocochang

mocochang Celebrity

Currency:
    EXILE TRIBE trash ♥
    ooooh, SpeXial! I'm not very familiar with Chinese and Taiwanese pop, but I do know them because of their collab with Ayumi Hamasaki :D

Not really most of the groups, just some have the graduation system, and mostly only female groups... The most common ones being AKB48 and their sister groups.

sure, every one has their own preferences in music, I just found it odd that you said it has "more groups to choose from", cause that's not really true... maybe I just didn't understand what you meant ^^

6. silveroaksm

silveroaksm Super Rookie

Currency:
    I am just in love with Wes. I discovered them because of Sam's drama Moon River and have followed them since. Honestly, for Chinese or Taiwanese pop...I found most groups because of the dramas and stuff. I personally find them more diverse in styles than kpop groups in general.

Also, it's sad Thailand is never included when pop music is considered. They have some good music.

mocochang likes this.
  7. mocochang

mocochang Celebrity

Currency:
    EXILE TRIBE trash ♥
    No one mentioned c-pop queen Jolin Tsai yet :eek:

And then you have queen Jolin and queen Namie together <3

Namie's Engrish :')

Very true... tbh I find kpop the less diverse out of the most common Asian pops. idk c-pop that much, but there are some great artists there. I agree, people ted to ignore Thai pop a from other Asian countries as well, it's always anly J-Pop, C-Pop and K-Pop. probably because the others aren't as popular internationally :/

#27 mocochang, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    silveroaksm likes this.
  8. thebluecapric0rn

Currency:
    There is a lot of groups though that doesn't have a lot of members or a gradutiating system though.

Draft saved Draft deleted