Kpop industry still discriminate against fellow asians who look up to them

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Soda97, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Soda97

Soda97 Newbie

Currency:
    @MassiveKpopFan @wememe @GalaxZ_Maniac @SooYoung
    Lana and Exp Edition get to promote on korean shows because they are white? While Z-Stars are banned from korean shows because they are from Southeast Asia? :( I saw Generations and Chuning Candy from Japan be on Show Champion and they didnt sing in korean.

Z-Girls and Z-Boys' producer says the groups aren't being invited to music shows

The Z Girls and the Z Boys have made many headlines and built an international fan base, but it seems like they are having difficulty being invited to perform at Korean music shows. Both groups gained a lot of attention after it was revealed that none of the members were Korean. Although the Z Pop Dream Project has made an impact with their English songs on a global scale, they are having difficulty breaking into Korea.

[​IMG]

In
    an interview with the Korean JoongAng Daily, producer Jun Kang, who founded the Z Pop Dream Project stated that the groups "really want to appear on Korean TV music programs, but the barriers for entry are too high". He continued to state: “I’ve been working in the industry for 30 years and have many connections, but music shows tell us that they want K-pop and Korean songs and that our groups don’t fit in.”

Source: Allkpop Z-Boys and Z-Girls banned from music shows

#1 Soda97, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    suprememadisyn likes this.
  2. STTRstan

STTRstan Rookie

Currency:
    Nothing new. Koreans being racist/ignorant is old news. Sadly.

Why can’t they be like Japan tbh

suprememadisyn likes this.
  3. edgelord

edgelord Trainee

Currency:
    There are probably 16252726 idol groups out there so idk what to say but why they don't release korean song? I find it funny cause even that white idol released a korean song

4. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    I only checked one song from z-girls and it was full english. Most music shows dont allow songs that are not mostly in koreans.

suprememadisyn, Armedryu and emanresu like this.
  5. Cold_Wave

Cold_Wave Trainee

Currency:
    what global impact are they talking about :teeheek:

6. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    No Korean members. No Korean songs.

I would venture that's why they weren't invited on a Korean stage where songs are performed in Korean.

The exceptions you mentioned are just that. Rare exceptions which by definition wouldn't be extended to most.

I wouldn't say it's discrimination against South East Asians as much as it is South Korean music shows wanting to maintain a Korean protectionist stance within the industry i.e. they want to preserve the Korean nature of kpop.

#6 emanresu, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Babybluehun0327 and Armedryu like this.
  7. drakan

drakan Trendsetter

Currency:
    Release Koreans songs if you want to get invited to Korean music shows.

8. YohY

YohY Trainee

Currency:
    mmmm
    I dont know.. Of course it sound unfair but if you doing music in a country which majority of its people speak korean (and mostly doesnt speak other language), then its more logical if they sing in korean. Korean celeb do the same in japan, so why they cant? Im not saying this shouldn't change. But from korean industry perspective, they cant just make a rapid change in their industry just like that.

9. wipingontortos

wipingontortos Trainee

Currency:
    Westerners still don't seem to understand that the rest of the world isn't like America where people of the same race are all buddy-buddy with each other. On a global scale your ethnic group is what really matters. There is a lot hatred among different ethnic groups in asia. Especially towards the Japanese.

and Lana and EXP Edition are totally nugu and have no potential in Korea either so i'm not sure how they apply here. They appeared on music shows like once or twice didn't they? The only reason I ever heard of them is because of twitter melting down.

10. TheLadybug

TheLadybug stan IZ*ONE, BLACKPINK, and X1

Currency:
    forcing you to stan Chaeyeon
    it's funny bc everyone seems to be racist to everyone else
    koreans are racist to non-koreans but
    westerners are racist to koreans
    yikes can you all just grow tf up it's not that hard to not be an ass