【KPOP IN PUBLIC】 라비앙로즈 (La Vie en Rose) - IZ*ONE (아이즈원) DANCE COVER | Anson

Discussion in 'The Studio' started by Anson_aloha, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Anson_aloha

Anson_aloha Newbie

Currency:
    notthatmarko, 4Ren and EazyC like this.
  2. 4Ren

4Ren Super Rookie

Currency:
    flop mash-up maker
    YES SLAY ME!

3. notthatmarko

Currency:
    First of all, I'd like to applaud your courage to perform this in public. It takes a lot of guts to do that.

As for the performance, it is very well practised, considering the amount of time invested. This was released a few days ago, as such, the dance cannot be perfected. I will, however, state what I really really liked.

The dance is clearly feminine, and you are great at delivering the sensual, almost erotic concept that it holds. It seems to me this is the dance style you prefer (or at least you should prefer). My favourite part of your routine is the pre-chorus, though, which is hitting HARD. You have a great sense of 8-counts, and every step has its own beat, is clearly defined and timed properly, which is amazing. I do not know if you are a professional dancer, but if you are not that makes it even more impressive. Your body isolation technique and hip-work is really something to admire as well. This is especially noticeable during Chaeyeon's pre-chorus. It is difficult to isolate hips, arms and legs at the same time, yet you make it so effortless. Majority of the moves are clearly defined, cut, you easily find your place. Especially the ones during the pre-chorus, as they require fast placement. I am really impressed as you also delivered even the smallest details the girls had, such as Chaeyeon's hip twists and some ball-changes that others tend to forget. This is a job well done. The sensual parts leave a bit to discuss, though.

There are not many things I did not like, but the one that stands out the most is the facial expression. There was none. Yes, I know it is daunting to show it, especially in public, but that's what makes the performance good. Slight eye-flirtation, occasional smile do wonders to a performance. Also, while your feminine delivery is great, the sensual parts I wrote about earlier could do a bit of polishing. This is nothing on your side, this is just a matter of practice. You did not have enough time to put enough flow in the choreography, making some moves that should be wavy look robust, instead. It is difficult to find the right place for your hand or a hip during a move that is supposed to be wavy and not clean-cut. This is mainly during the instrumental after "la la la la vie en rose". Those moves should be fluid, soft, gentle, yet your hip-work shows too much strength. That being said, I'd like if you would keep rehearsing this choreography and film yourself again in maybe a month? The progress will be significant.

Overall, this was an amazing performance and I cannot wait to have a look at the rest of your work. I already followed you on Instagram and subbed on YouTube. I can see you have quite the following as well. Well deserved, keep doing what you love!

4. shimshimsings

shimshimsings Newbie

Currency:
    You're so talented! Loved it! <3

5. K_Duck

K_Duck Newbie

Currency:
    super cooool!