KPOP has brainwashed people about what it means to RAP/be a rapper

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by typeanameonhere, Jan 15, 2020.

1. typeanameonhere

typeanameonhere Trainee

Currency:
    Man as someone who grows up an avid fan of hip hop, rap and poetry, see these kpop stans praising their idols for talking fast and calling them "THE BEST RAPPER EVER OMG" or seeing them saying that writing their own rap lyric is not important or god forbid complimenting people who wrote the cringiest shirlt that doesnt make sense in any language form or whatsoever is sickening lolll,

like yall really think these horrid messes your idols pull up are masterpieces.... black people who invented this art form are rolling in their graves and cursing at these kpop companies who think that every god damn song needs to have a rap verse in it.

2. bronxbabe

bronxbabe Newbie

Currency:
    sexy alien
    dw hon we know they shit
    most ppl exaggerate their biases' skill to praise them cause we simply love everything they do or to annoy other fandoms or whatevr
    my ult bias is the main rapper in her group and shes weak asf, but i call her da best rapper nevertheless cause i see how much shes practicing & working
    aside from the kpop groups doing the hiphop genre, there are a lot of idols who rap in their songs cause they are weak vocalists and its the universal truth. some of their rap can be catchy asf u cant deny
    however, even beyonce, a og vocalist, would eat some of the kpop main rappers w her rap. not to talk abt some other good ass known rappers

EjellieBean, Tuturuu and boyvert4bom like this.
  3. gh05t

gh05t Chaotic Sadist

Currency:
    Financial Consultant
    Exactly when I hear what gets praised most of the time I just think were you listening to a different song or something

4. HelloSweetie

HelloSweetie Newbie

Currency:
    Are there any idol rappers that you think have talent or any particular verses from one of them that you think is good?

5. draggehz

draggehz Newbie

Currency:
    motherfucker I'll also do some curse!

6. Wench

Wench Public Figure

Currency:
    Kookeu walker
    Wait where is this from again, lmao

7. injailumyho

injailumyho Super Rookie

Currency:
    SHINee Cult Leader
    Some people really think their faves are some messiah or some shit

8. sl784

sl784 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Amen!

gh05t and ihavemyownkey like this.
  9. Kouss

Kouss Super Rookie

Currency:
    You think black people who struggled to have rap accepted as a art form or even as music by the general public, would think its crazy that its reached so far in America, but as branched out all over the world.

Even if its cringe, that koreans that probably have no reason to, have adopted a piece of black culture into their music. That kids grow up and say they want to be rappers. That the biggest group in the world has kept elements of talking about social issues and using rap as an expression of ideas.

I get your point, SK rap isn't perfect, but neither is most soundclouds rappers who talk about random shit and fucking girls. The art form exists and has mostly kept to its roots. The creators would be proud.

10. sl784

sl784 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Just like the creators would be appalled by these so-call SoundCloud rappers they’ll be just as appalled by a lot of these Korean rappers. Some of them (including some western rappers) understand very little about rap’s origins and the culture of the people who originated it and some of them have the wrong idea about what it is to be a rapper. When you hear some of them speak you can tell they think that having swag, wearing certain clothes and looking “hard” is what rap is all about. Some of them think it’s just gangsta shit. They have no idea. Most of the rap now has been bastardized anyways. So no, most of rap’s true icons wouldn’t be proud at all. They’ll probably laugh their asses off or be like “wtf!”.

11. madchen123

madchen123 Super Rookie

Currency:
    It's kpop lmao. Kpop stans hype everything their faves do even though it's not really good.

12. injailumyho

injailumyho Super Rookie

Currency:
    SHINee Cult Leader
    Wtf. So your saying that someone has to research the history of a genre to be able to use it? This is some of the most ridiculous shit I’ve ever heard. I don’t see anyone researching pop or country or classical before they compose it. Get off that high horse

13. sl784

sl784 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Well you should, before you make yourself look like an idiot trying to imitate something you don’t understand. How are you calling yourself a rapper and know nothing about the genre or it’s originators? That’s like being a country star but you know nothing about Johnny Cash, now that’s stupid or a country star who can’t even speak on the history of country. Also, my response was about rap originators being proud. I don’t think they’re be proud of people knowing nothing about a genre but trying to call themselves rappers, looking like children playing dress up. I swear, some of you say some unbelievable things.

14. ihavemyownkey

ihavemyownkey Celebrity

Currency:
    That's what you're gonna get from this forum, hon. Kpop fans don't get that wearing bandanas, acting hard and wearing sagging pants while you talk fast to a beat does not a rapper make. It offends me when they call certain idols 'hip-hop'. Hip-hop is not a concept, or an outfit, it's a life. Again, they've grown so used to taking everything from the culture that this watered down 'rap' is accepted and even celebrated in Korea. I can't name ONE Korean 'rapper' that is on the level that he or she should be called a rapper, but hey.... That's just my two cents. Just be prepared to argue with more stans who think their bias is the end all of rappers, even the originators.

That's how it is 'round here.
    And your OP is bomb. Thanks for writing it.

15. gh05t

gh05t Chaotic Sadist

Currency:
    Financial Consultant
    :omgr::yesr:

PandaZorde, KA1230, neraidle and 5 others like this.
  16. ancor

ancor Public Figure

Currency:
    :yesr:

Yup as Bronx native who is going to be 40 soon, it pains me to see how bastardized rap has become to the point where it feels like a joke. I also agree that most of these people have no idea where rap came from or Hip-Hop and what it entailed for the Black community.

17. stratcat

stratcat Rookie

Currency:
    Tech
    So you don't think G Dragon, RM or Suga should be labelled as rappers? I grew up on Hip hop in the Bay area in the 90s, I know a rapper when I hear one.

18. Haolat

Haolat Leader

Currency:
    Yoo Young Jin fan
    Kpop fans exaggerate most of their favorite idols skills not just rapping.

sserenity, Tuturuu, hughbee27 and 4 others like this.
  19. gh05t

gh05t Chaotic Sadist

Currency:
    Financial Consultant
    I'm saying this as someone who actually really likes RM and Suga but no they aren't actual rappers they are good by Korean standards but they are a joke outside of that as for GD he's an idol rapper and will always remain at that level. Don't attribute praise to mediocrity it just makes it look even worse than it is

guccilia, hitomoshi, neraidle and 3 others like this.
  20. ihavemyownkey

ihavemyownkey Celebrity

Currency:
    I said not one. Especially G Dragon? (Good Lord)

But I grew up on Hip-hop in the 90s in NYC. I know a rapper when I hear one as well. So perhaps we differ on what makes a rapper.

For me?
    It's a no for all of them. I think they are idol 'rappers'. Rappers don't fake hardness on stage and then wear headbands and give fingertip hearts. Their persona is who they are. They're not one way on stage and totally different off stage.

Like I said, Hip-hop is a life, not concept. How are you hip-hop when you haven't lived it?

#20 ihavemyownkey, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020