Korean skincare products

Discussion in 'Fashion & Beauty' started by g_dra_gone_drunk, Mar 8, 2016.

1. g_dra_gone_drunk

2NE1's bodyguard
    Ok so recently I've been interested in Korean skincare products
    I was wondering which products are good?
    And where do you guys buy them - so far I've only bought from yesstyle

Naia_Nalu and Cocomall like this.
  2. deandria17

deandria17 Newbie

there are many korean make up stores in my country, so It's easy to get them :)
    but I prefer to buy it online (instagram), because it's cheaper and I'm too lazy to go out hahaha

3. Jaeeelu

Jaeeelu Newbie

Human Garbage
    The Face Shop is a really good bet in my opinion... I've been using their rice water cleansing oil and rice water face wash for two-three years now and I still love it. I've sampled their green tea acne cleanser and it's pretty good too.

Skinfood also has some really great products. I'm a huge fan of their brown sugar facial scrub! It really makes my skin feel nice and moisturized afterwards.

Nature Republic also has a great aloe vera soothing gel which is used to moisturize. I don't own it (yet) but I've tried it multiple times and I absolutely love it. The aloe vera gel has been a bestseller in Korea for years.

Fortunately I live in a largely Korean populated town so I can actually physically walk into these stores and buy these products. I have also bought stuff from amazon.com and I've had a pretty good experience with that. Hope this helps!!

michikochan and g_dra_gone_drunk like this.
  4. starlightkitten

If you let me know what kind of products you're looking for then I can offer some recommendations!

As for buying online, I recommend Cosmetic-Love and Jolse. Cosmetic-Love offers free shipping with any purchase and Jolse offers it for orders over $40! I've ordered from both and it does take a while to get your purchase because they are located in Korea.

5. Ryen

Ryen Guest

The brands listed above, and also Innisfree, Laneige and Tony Moly. It largely depends on your skin type, though, since I've heard certain brands target specific skin types. There are also some lesser-known brands with great quality skincare products, such as Dewytree and It's SKIN.

Similar to Jaeeelu there are lots of stores in my residential area that carries a lot of Korean brands, so I rarely have trouble finding what I want. If you mainly shop online, you can also try strawberrynet.com.

6. kpop_duchess

kpop_duchess Newbie

Sheet masks are always good. Majority of Ulta stores are starting to sell Tony Moly products

Even Forever 21 has sheet masks as well. (Which kind of makes sense because the company's founder and current CEO is Korean-American.)

But if you mainly shop online you can always find some on Amazon.

7. ExoticQueen

ExoticQueen Leader

'94 Liner Sugar 노나
    I'm yet to try Korean products myself but these makeup products seem legit.

8. sweetcakeee

sweetcakeee Newbie

I suggest the peeling gel by faceshop or holika holika. its makes your face super smooth because it peels off the whiteheads and such :)

9. endlesslove

endlesslove Newbie

Last week I made an order on Innisfreeworld, so im hoping its good stuff

Ive bought a lot in the past on Sasa.com, lots of Missha, Laneige, natures republic, skinfood.
    There's a Face Shop in my city, so I can get some korean makeup there. Sephora sells Laneige and Amore Pacific.

10. elly2k

elly2k Super Rookie

I've tried a few brands of Korean skincare and they're great.

Currently I'm using Belif as it seems to suit my skin best. It's a little pricier as compared to the others.

Another pretty good brand is Innisfree. I use a few products from this brand along with Belif - like their lip & eye makeup remover, face mist, clay mask etc.

11. sicaranghae

sicaranghae Rookie

jessica jung trash
    Korean skincare products can be a dream come true or a nightmare, it just depends on how well you know your own skin. You won't find a holy grail product that is amazing for everyone, but some of them are do have universal appeal, if you will. Also, for a beginner it might be difficult to understand what exactly you're buying because of the many gimmicky names and properties, so here are some links that you might find helpful:

2015 Korean Skincare Trends, New Releases, and the Future of K-Beauty
    The Korean Skincare Routine and Steps
    Demystifying the Korean Skincare Regimen with the Experts: Are All The Steps Necessary?
    Korean Skincare Regimen Recommendations: by Skin Type
    From Beginner to Expert Mode: Where I Buy K-Beauty & Asian Cosmetics
    Skincare Discovery: Why the pH of Your Cleanser Matters
    Putting your products in order, including pH dependent acids
    Tactical Guide to KBeauty Part 1. Introduction to Korean Skincare (the other parts are linked at the end of the post)
    How To Build Your Own Asian Skincare Routine
    Asian Beauty Reddit

Some of the blogs I linked also have wonderful reviews, if you'd like to check them out before buying anything. And if we're talking makeup, it's more of a review based thing, you just have to get to know some brands and try to find reviews of their products. I hope that was helpful :)

12. USSR

USSR Rookie

i legitimately need this, i need that all kill perfect skin that koreans have (or cover up with makeup)

13. sjhforever

sjhforever Trainee

TBH it'd be creepy if I did use these products but I do know that all korean products are virtually great and they're cheap. So I wouldn't worry TOO much about quality unless you're spending $500 on some random cream instead of like $5 on a large bundle of face masks.

14. Beautyeleganto

Youtube Blogger
    Trying myself Korean products check out my video about Sugar Mask from Skin Food and Pimple Master patch from Cosrx

bollwoodvskpop likes this.
  15. VitaminWell

VitaminWell Newbie

Here are some products that* korean youtubers swear by:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

michikochan and Beautyeleganto like this.
  16. bollwoodvskpop

I can recommend many good Korean products but I don't know what your skin issues are.

17. seonday

seonday Public Figure

Professional sundae maker
    Ahh so I got into buying Korean skincare products because my friend who went to Korea for a study abroad raves about them. My skin after college wasn't doing so well (it used to be fairly normal skin) and after going to a consultation about skin and whatnot, I found out that my skin is mad oily and sensitive.

So when picking products, pick ones that cater to what kind of skin type you have and accomplish what you're looking for. Because my skin is oily + sensitive, the products I will list will be targeted towards those needs, in addition some of the products may be anti-aging or will brighten the skin. (I'm 24 and I don't want eye wrinkles. LOLOLOL)

I buy my products from either yesstyle or memebox
    Here's an article that helped me on my search for products for oily + combination skin initially. It was helpful!
    The Best Korean Products For Combination, Oily, Acne prone skins

-List of Products I like/use-
    Key:
    ㅇ= products I'm currently using
    **= products that helped restore my skin, allowed it to look better and feel better after bad skin days/sunburn.

Cleansers:
    Innisfree- Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
    Skin Food-Egg White Pore Foam

Toners:
    The Face Shop- Rice & Ceramide Moisturizing Toner
    Secret Key- Milk Brightening Toner

Creams/Moisturizers:
    **The Face Shop- Rice & Ceramide Moisture Emulsion
    Scinic- Pig Collagen Jelly Cream
    Oolu- Orchid Emulsion

Masks:
    ㅇ,**Innisfree- Jeju Island Clay Mask
    Elizavecca- Hell Pore Clean up Mask

If you want to know more about why I switched products or any other info, just message me here or pm me!~

18. Noemi

Noemi Guest

Tony Moly's 'Pureness 100' face masks are delightful. If anyone wants to order, Takse on ebay is a very reliable seller. I have been using him/her for close to six months now. I never had an issue with the seller.

19. chaeyoungiis

chaeyoungiis Trainee

Lover
  20. emantree

emantree Newbie

Sephora.com! that where i get my products from. as for brands, would suggest encos or any dermatologist-tested products as i always afraid of those marketing companies ~~