Korean Fans and Their Cameras

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hydethislove, Apr 21, 2016.

1. hydethislove

hydethislove Trainee

Currency:
    Its just a recent article that came up about being sexually harassed by SM security.
    Tbh I cannot believe the fans for a few reasons. I've been to south korea and I've seen how intense these fans get when it comes to taking pictures of their oppas and it is damn scary.
    Also when Exo was touring the USA, I believe it was in LA? I can't remember which stop it was but a few Korean girls travelling from South Korea to see Exo laid claims that security pretty much did the same thing: ask them to lift their skirts and etc. etc. but never did these claims move forward or were proven true and this was against the venue security staff, not even SM's staff. It seems well rehearsed by some fans. I'm in no way a fan of SM, but I am not a fan of some of these fan girls.
    These fans will strap lenses to the inside of their thighs to sneak it in. It's no surprise that SM's staff is very aware of these methods since they deal with this on the most common basis. They just cannot seem to obey rules at all. When DSLR cameras (Ones with detachable lenses) are prohibited from the venue, that means you are not allowed. But they really don't care. At the B.A.P concert in Korea DSLR's were prohibited, but somehow girls managed to sneak them in. Some even had like a sock wrapped around the lens so it kind of made it less obvious when they sneaked pictures? It's like they have a right to take pics with their DSLR. I was wearing tiger ears headband and a girl behind me asked me if I could remove it so she could take a pic with her DSLR. I'm like pfft no lol and ignored her. When I was at a fanmeet in Hongdae for KNK, this girl on a stool started screaming and yelling at the people pushing her, and not the type of please stop pushing, it was more of a stop pushing me you assholes I'm trying to take a picture type of screaming, if you know what I mean lol and she wouldn't stop screaming at people, it was hella annoying.
    It's why when I see an article like the one posted about girls claiming sexual harassment against SM staff, I can't believe them.

Ag_153_Ab and NaRei like this.
  2. YAYforSONES

YAYforSONES Trendsetter

Currency:
    ioi
    yas you go girl!
    [​IMG]

i saw a pic of some girl who had her DSLR strapped to her leg, and just why??
    edit: omg i found it
    [​IMG]

3. hydethislove

hydethislove Trainee

Currency:

It's no wonder why they'd have to lift their skirts/dresses. It's totally idiotic that they go to these lengths.

4. overly_fangurrl

overly_fangurrl Public Figure

Currency:
    Carrat Converter
    To get them high res pictures and fancams so we can see EVERY.LAST.PORE of OPPA
    [​IMG]
    Obviously, pretty normal, security is in the way
    Greatful for some of the pics tho

Tellmeyoursone likes this.
  5. Ag_153_Ab

Ag_153_Ab Newbie

Currency:
    You just took the words right out of my mouth. I was baffled when I saw just about every comment in the article defending these fangirls. "SM needs to fire him!!" "They need to sue!!!". Like you said, these crazy fans will do ANYTHING just to get a pic with their oppa and security needs to be on top of that. A lot of them were saying "They need to hire a female", which I guess would help. Honestly, people need to think more like you.

#5 Ag_153_Ab, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  6. hydethislove

hydethislove Trainee

Currency:
    Yeah. These fans are getting very troublesome and hopefully they lose the act with the "I've been harassed" act now that they have a woman. But now I can still see them claiming to be even harassed by her too. Let's see how far they will go.

7. Ag_153_Ab

Ag_153_Ab Newbie

Currency:
    Crazy fans will always find a way to play victim whenever they don't get their way. Hopefully, these claims won't be as prevalent when they get a woman security guard. We can only hope.

8. Arachi

Arachi Rookie

Currency:
    I 100% agree that tight security measures and extreme inspection is necessary, however, according to SM they just recently "hired a female employee because of the complains" I'm like, what???

Since they know they'd be doing extreme inspections on female fans, shouldn't there have been a female security from day one since it's obviously 90% at least of the fans would be females??

9. ah_lee

ah_lee Trendsetter

Currency:
    And yet there were girls that didn't have cameras who felt like they were being sexually harassed by the security guards too.

honordaesung likes this.
  10. hydethislove

hydethislove Trainee

Currency:
    They probably didn't think that smart about hiring one in the beginning or putting one at the front doors. Since stereotyping, men seem to have a more scary? appearance. But that doesn't seem to stop fans from sneaking stuff in.

11. hydethislove

hydethislove Trainee

Currency:
    Well of course, the more girls they can band together, the more they can make SM look bad, but again these girls have a lot of rehearsed words. Until they can prove their claims, it's all just words.
    I'm thinkin they're trying to soften the security so they can sneak in their cameras with more ease and not get caught.

12. ah_lee

ah_lee Trendsetter

Currency:
    wtf..

honordaesung likes this.
  13. honordaesung

honordaesung Public Figure

Currency:
    LEAVE
    since when is sexual harrassment ever justified? even if they did hide cameras...it still isn't justified.

marie1901 and ah_lee like this.
  14. hydethislove

hydethislove Trainee

Currency:
    It's just words. Claims can be false.

15. hydethislove

hydethislove Trainee

Currency:
    it's Korean Fans.
    how would this even surprise you?

16. honordaesung

Currency:
    LEAVE
    uhm, female security guards doesn't make it ok...sexual harrassment isn't only a thing through opposite genders.

17. ah_lee

ah_lee Trendsetter

Currency:
    So not only are you victim blaming but you're being racist too?

honordaesung likes this.
  18. shuka

shuka Celebrity

Currency:
    I can't say for sure what the laws are in Korea, but asking someone to pull up their skirt without being an enforcing law agent at something like an airport - which these guards are not - is a form of harassment and it's actually illegal. If they are so worried about cameras they should use alternate methods of detection like scanners. You cannot justify asking girls or women, especially those that are underage, to lift up their skirts. That's fucking gross. I don't care if you don't move to let them take pictures in the venue, but the rest of it and the comments that were supposedly made are pretty nasty.

ah_lee and honordaesung like this.
  19. hydethislove

hydethislove Trainee

Currency:
    First of all, we don't know if the girls claim is true or false. I've heard claims like these before and they've never been proven true. And no not racist, stereotyping is the proper term. Stereotyping that a lot of korean fans are batshit crazy, especially the netizens and keyboard warriors, not that each country don't have their own group of crazies, Korea is well known for their sasaeng problems.

20. honordaesung

Currency:
    LEAVE
    lmao, same thing can be said about almost ALL sexual harrassment (of all sorts) victims... now are we just going to ignore their words?

ah_lee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted