Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

K-pop Idols You Admire?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by RavenHikari, Oct 15, 2018.

1. RavenHikari

RavenHikari Married to : @InSFCube

Loves Adu's Voice
    Personally, I really admire I have said it before and I will say it again:

f(x) Victoria

because she is one of the best leaders in k-pop she had to lead and promote her group in a language that is not her native. She was going on many variety shows when she first debut trying to promote her group even if she wasn’t fluent. She was basically was saddled with 4 kids all of a sudden and managed it great.
    I mean they weren’t little kids, but having responsibility over two 14-year-olds, a 15-year-old, and a 16-year-old when you’ve only had to worry about yourself (in terms of her moving to Beijing and studying away from home since she was 10) is sure to be a hard adjustment. But you can see how well she did from Hello f(x)! as well as f(x) Koala and especially in We Got Married.

What idols do you admire?

2. blackbeard

blackbeard Rookie

casual cult member
    Pretty obvious...

3. dong_ii

dong_ii Married to : @Taeri

Park Jihyo, Junmyeon, Hani, Hanbin over the top of my heads.. But there are a lot more.

RavenHikari likes this.
  4. much_trash

much_trash Rookie

leader of the han jisung protection squad
    bang chan
    he trained for SEVEN years, and although some idols trained longer, seven years is still a really long time. he watched all of his friends debut in got7 without him, but instead of giving up, he kept going, and then the stray kids survival show where he put together a group by himself, only to have it broken apart. (i still hate jyp for that) before they were brought back later, he cried so hard for minho and felix who were eliminated and as the leader, he probably felt like he needed to stay strong for the other members, but how could he when he handpicked the members of his group himself. apart from being the best leader, he's also really talented and can sing, rap, produce and dance, while looking after the other members
    so yeep that's a kpop idol i admire

5. Meloverse

Meloverse Married to @Yeo_One

☾ Universe // Byulharang ☆
    Pentagon Kino. I know I only talk about how cute/pretty and gay he is, but he's so much more than that! We're practically the same age yet he's full of so many talents and he's accomplished a lot. He's part of the group's maknae trio but he contributes a lot - he's a sub vocal who can sing at lead vocal level, he's a talented dancer who's been choreographing since predebut, he's a charismatic performer, and he composes some great songs. Aside from that, he's so passionate in everything he does - last year his goal was to compose 15 songs and he did, I watched a small documentary about his daily life and he said he loved spending most of his free time in the studio and working on his music. I wish I found a career I love to that extent, it really inspires me. Plus he's just a good person. He's so kind with children since he used to want to be a kindergarten teacher, he's sensitive, respectful to his hyungs. He mentioned how predebut he was very insecure, and with time and debuting he's grown confidence and self love. He deserves it and it's something not a lot of people have! His talent, passion, respect for himself and others... it's admirable and makes me a bit jealous.

Actually even tho I say a lot of weird things about them, I admire a lot of Pentagon members individually and I look up to them as role models/older brothers... Kino is just the one I notice more these days.

6. Discipline

Discipline Rookie

If i had to pick one (there are a lot and im on a time limit right now, so i will probably post in here again), I'd probably go Heechul. He's not afraid to express himself, he's always been honest with himself and his fans, he has defied the standards of an idol, and decided to live as Heechul not Heechul the idol.

I find that very admirable as it's a refreshing change from watching some idols on tv, where they live from the script but Heechul can easily speak his mind, his opinions and he doesn't care for the backlash that he gets, because he believes in his fans, he believes in the fact that he has a right as a human to be EXPRESSIVE, to not be held back because of a piece of paper that has his signature.

Not only this but he released this song (With Kyunghoon):

A video which tells a story of a family, one mother, two sons. The eldest son is suffering from a mental illness (I believe it was autism? But I'm not sure) so the younger son is left to sustain the family. The elder one wants to contribute, he doesn't want to feel useless as he's aware that the family could use a hand or two. One day he's beat up by presumably a gang that the younger son has messed with, after seeing the elder beat up, the younger goes to fight the gang. Despite the elder's pleas, despite the fact that he didn't want to burden his family further, he doesn't want to be an inconvenience. But the younger son does it anyway, and when he comes back, he leaves his coat by the elder son, who checks his phone after it buzzes and sees a message telling the younger son to meet up. The elder takes it onto himself to take the burden off his brother, to help his brother who has been helping him the whole time and goes to meet up with whoever it is, but it was a trap. The elder gets stabbed and presumably dies after the younger one finds him laying on the ground.

South Korea has extreme stigmas and negative attitudes to mental illness, many people suffer in silence out of shame as there's barely any representation from the media for them. Here Heechul and Kyunghoon address the fact that mental illness isn't something to be ashamed of or scared of. It's not something that can be controlled by the individual suffering from it DESPITE how hard they want to be contributive, or not to be a burden. It's something that should be embraced, and tackled to help those individuals, to help the families that are not in economical states to be able to provide for every need.

It's not a topic that is often discussed by idols, yet alone have a WHOLE Music video about it, which is why I'm proud to be a Heechul stan, i'm proud to support a man who addresses these issues and stands for his beliefs, who's willing to adapt and change, to spread a message and raise awareness, he's truly admirable.

RavenHikari and MirajaneAlpha22 like this.
  7. Xadne

Xadne Star

Official Chaeyeon Akgae
    Okay I won't write a long paragraph but I'd love to have the same character as Chuu from LOONA.
    I really admire this girl, she's passionate in becoming a singer and she is the most adorable human being I've ever seen.
    She's genuine, funny, cute and she seems to really enjoy life. Her good vibes also seem to spread so she's making ppl around her smile.
    She's amazing!

RavenHikari likes this.
  8. lighterxx

lighterxx Married to : @twentyonejongdae

Full-Time Carat with low sense of humour
    in somewhere writing 10th SVT thread of the day
    Hoshi, Scoups and Woozi, the people that make Seventeen honestly.

RavenHikari likes this.
  9. abigailaudrey

abigailaudrey Trainee

Suga

He is the first person in kpop I like and become bias that's not because his face lol, but because his personality off stage and off screen. He is the first real Tsundere idol i have ever find in history of kpop and he is so straightforward and doesn't even do fanservice like other idols. He is like onion has so much layers but the more I dig in the more soft and nice he is. Also his passion for music makes me melt like hard haha. Because of that I find him more and more handsome everyday. And he also can do anything like cooking, fixing things, playing piano, rap, sing, dance, basket, etc, he also has charisma to lead you, he is so husband material.

Secondly Donghae

I have been fan with him since 2009 (almost 10 years hahahaha) but strange things that he is never change. He always this pure innocent personality that easily get fooled hahaha and he is soooo handsome now even he already 33 years old. How can people getting more handsome when they gets older. Also he seems so humble even until now that he never overreact to get attention, just chill and just being cute without even trying. He still very child like character that make me giggle all the time. His smile is a killer though. He is also a good songwriter (I like men that has good songwriting/producing skill).

Bang_Ching, RavenHikari and jojomomo like this.
  10. zedi

zedi Notable

maybe Irene for not giving a fuck about Knetz with feminism?
    +Seulgi's hard history with SM as a trainee and sacrificed her childhood
    +lisa finding her dream?
    tbh alot of them

Blaenavon9 likes this.
  11. loomynartychild

loomynartychild Notable

I dont think I have more respect for anyone in this industry than I have for GD

B.I is also up there, but GD is GD.

RavenHikari, Blaenavon9 and dong_ii like this.
  12. jojomomo

jojomomo Rookie

Most of SuJu, especially Eunhyuk and Donghae.
    TVXQ Yunho.

RavenHikari likes this.
  13. jojomomo

jojomomo Rookie

Donghae is indeed adorable. These days he tries to be more mature, but he still has this child-like side to him that often comes out.
    He's very kind, down-to-earth and sentimental.

RavenHikari likes this.
  14. Blaenavon9

Blaenavon9 Rookie

Teacher at Cromartie high
    Zico. I admire because he's a genius, obviously. I'd even go so far as to say he's the best rapper out of kpop like ever.

Secondly GD coz haha who doesn't admire GD

thirdly I admire kihyun because although I will never be able to sing like him I really am in awe if his voice and nobody else has ever made me go "!!!!!" simply just with their voice.

4th, Amber for being herself.

SHINee for continuing to do cheerful concepts and promoting like everything's normal, and that just goes to show how brave they are. And of course Jonghyun too, no matter what anyone may say.

Leeteuk who also took misfortune in his stride and continued being suju's leader after what happened with his family.

Mark Lee, for shouldering SOOOOO much responsibility at such a young age. That kid deserves respect.

IM, for earning his teammates' love and respect so quickly when literally everyone ostracised him for being a wild card entry into no mercy... seeing how everybody just babies him all the time now melts my heart.

RavenHikari likes this.
  15. Pixels

Pixels Trainee

Dara I think. I'm sure she like many other idols etc have met plenty of hardships and throughout all this time she's always stayed so humble, grateful, very hardworking and genuinely caring for people. She seems like such a beautitiful soul to me. Ever since 2ne1 disbanded she has just kept growing in my eyes.

RavenHikari likes this.
  16. Growling_Wolf

Growling_Wolf Rookie

RavenHikari likes this.
  17. pinzee

pinzee Rookie

I admire idols who pursue university education at the same time as being an idol. We all know how hard exam times are, but imagine having to study AND perform AND do fansigns AND etc. Also shows they are serious about setting up their future after idolhood.

RavenHikari likes this.
  18. Teshubs_Irene

19. kayleejo15

kayleejo15 Trainee

A Person (vaguely)
    All of them. It aint easy what they do.

RavenHikari likes this.
  20. modi

modi Rookie

now that i think of it, jihyo

it's really fucked up that she had to train for 10 years and deal with people calling her fat and such, but now she's succesful and has all the love that she deserves, needless that she's in the top gg too

Blaenavon9 and RavenHikari like this.