Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

JYP New Boy Group 'BOYSTORY' <How Old R U> Dance Perf!

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Lubby00, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Lubby00

Lubby00 Artist

[​IMG]
    BOYSTORY 1st single <How Old R U> out on September 1st.

2. d0_kyunqso

d0_kyunqso Rookie

i've never heard anything about them but aren't they too young?

Eithra and CharlotteVv like this.
  3. Mootae

Mootae Artist

Yes they're 10-13... Talk about a ruined childhood. :confused:

Eithra and Alastrina like this.
  4. Alastrina

Alastrina Artist

Damn, so young... I wish them the best.

5. Leeelee

Leeelee Rookie

"HOW OLD R U" o_O

ezenk, Eithra, Mynty and 7 others like this.
  6. bts_yehet

bts_yehet Artist

That music playing throughout the video gave me a headache
    [​IMG]

7. Happy_Grandma

Happy_Grandma Rookie

On a serious note, groups like this seem very exploitative and it not only falls on the shoulders of consumers of this type of media but the greedy parents who should be allowing their children to go out and have an actual childhood. Shameful. o_O

8. tiffanytran22123

So are they gonna be active in Korea or China?

9. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

In China, this age is normal.

Some children get their childhood ruined by parents forcing them to study when their passion was always in dancing and music. So yeah... perspective.

an actual childhood varies, just saying. You can't just put your opinion for a childhood on children you don't know. Who knows, they are actually having the time of their lives. Justin Timberlake said his days in Mickey Mouse Club was his best childhood days because he's doing what he wants at an early age and was with friends who does the same thing.

So for real, ask these childrens if they are doing what they want before you decide to answer for them. Because what you did is exactly what bad parents did to exploit their child, not asking their opinion about it first.

And these kids came to the JYP audition some with parents not knowing. Because they wanted to be there themselves. Respect these kids for knowing what they want art 12-13 because seriously, how many of us do at that age?

#9 jasmine_s, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  10. d0_kyunqso

d0_kyunqso Rookie

well what they decide to do with their childhood is ofc none of my business; if their passion is in this industry then by all means they should go for it.

i meant though, aren't they too young to actually debut? if the boys are all like 9-13 years old, like they'll def have a limited fanbase and being an idol is def stressful so yes to an extent it does impact their childhood a lot

BurnAllSnakeus and Eithra like this.
  11. Anana_S

Anana_S Entertainer

The "How old r u" makes sense

inverity likes this.
  12. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

China have even younger debuts, thus why this is normal.

Most of them who auditioned for this group is already in an art school anyway and performs a lot in many events. China made art in music and dancing as an official formal education. Despite of age they are all doing what they wanted. That's the most important.

other younger chinese kids has already been exploited for mass western production like H&M, Nike etc, working non stop for small money in factories. This kids are lucky because while idols are a stressful jobs, they are doing what they have wanted unlike the other kids who are actually forced to work.

Think more about it really, this is China. If you wanna talk about affecting a childhood, these boystory kids is probably having the time of their lives compared to poor chinese children working as slaves since 5 y/o.

And to all Americans blaming China for it, even if China should be blamed 100% no doubt, attack the corporates in the states first for using such service from China. If there is no demand they wouldn't have been any selling.

#12 jasmine_s, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    jimeous likes this.
  13. Mootae

Mootae Artist

What I said was not a bad thing, and is subjective. The entertainment industry in Asia is no place for children. Also, 10-13? What studying do they have to do? They can dance and play in their free time, sure, but I PERSONALLY don't believe that young children should be subject to overwork, stress, and most importantly; hate. You act like I'm hating on them. Over-sensitive K-stans once again everyone.

Eithra and inverity like this.
  14. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

What you said about 'ruined childhood' is not a bad thing sure, its just the connotation of your assumptions that they have a ruined childhood that is a weird subjectivity you have there.

Overwork? You talk about kids dancing on TV as overwork? This is China, where children are being slaves in factories making H&M tees and Nike shoes, you wanna talk about kids performing as overwork? In China, there is a lot more studying than you would think, and seems that you don't even know that dance and music is one of the official formal education in China, mostly for the privileged kids. These kids that auditioned for JYP's boy groups are mostly from an art facilitating schools, they were all already learning to be entertainers. They already wanted to be entertainers and you're just here saying 'ruined childhood' without even knowing anything.

Learn something about China and it's children before you say something, or really, be more ignorant about it if you wish.

15. Mootae

Mootae Artist

Sorry, but to the average U.S. citizen like me, it's not idealistic hence why I said "PERSONALLY" which you seemed to have missed. I could care less about China and how they work, in my eyes it's not a very "fun" childhood. And yes, opinions are subjective.

Obviously you cannot accept an opinion. Again, over-sensitive K-stan. As expected.

Eithra and inverity like this.
  16. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

And where is this word 'personally' because unless you just added it, I don't see it in any of your initial sentences.

You can only remark me as a k-stan when all that was explained to you is China and it's culture, nothing about Korea. Its called researching and educating myself. Not that you know of.

17. Mootae

Mootae Artist

It's in my second reply to you, lmao. And everything someone says that's not a fact, is their opinion.

And I can tell you're a K-stan because of your picture, that's all. Subject to a popular opinion seeing you replied to literally everyone on this thread. Also, I can express myself however I want, I could care less about your "research", because TO ME it's not an idealistic childhood. I have no clue how many time I need to say that. For the third time, over-sensitive. Why are you so salty over criticism? You quoted me.

18. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

And you think that denies your first assuming statement of straight away saying the kids have ruined childhoos? LOL. You couldn't care less about a legit research that professors of education methods all around the world themselves does, fine by me though, I mean you couldn't even stand one criticism I made on your statement which actually says about the variety of what ruined childhood is.

You have ideals sure, but that is US ideals, this is China's ideals, they have different views on things. I don't have the same ideals in China, in fact I have the same ideals as you do, but is that a reason to say these kids have "ruined childhood" just because it does not match mine or your ideals? Is it right to just assume these kids have ruined childhood just because our ideals doesn't match?

And why is being a k stan so bad? You are in a k forum right now, following K news.

19. Mootae

Mootae Artist

I'm going to leave saying that in my OPINION that is a ruined childhood, say if I were in their shoes. But time and time again saying this is my opinion you act like you cannot read. OVER-SENSITIVE. I notice the only thing you won't address is me having an opinion though.

Learn to accept others opinion. Not everyone thinks the same as you. Don't forget YOU quoted ME and several others because you're salty over DIFFERENT OPINIONS.

20. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

Take your own advice here because it was you that kept on reiterating your own ideals instead of accepting that other country have their own ideals. You made an opinion, I did too, and you reiterate your own ideals being a US citizen and tell me again in this sentence "that is a ruined childhood" about kids from a country not yours.

Over sensitive, probably, but I am way more sensitive when people just won't open up to knowledge.Over sensitive is way better than being so close minded to your own idealistic values that only works for you.