"JYP need to stop investing on ITZY,SKZ and DAY6 because they are flop compared to their senior"

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by girlgroupstan21, Sep 19, 2020.

1. girlgroupstan21

girlgroupstan21 Trendsetter

Currency:
    broke.bitch
    can we stop this narrative ? i have seen this kind of narrative everywhere on twitter due to skz and day6 frequent comeback & itzy 14 million budget . just because itzy didnt chart as well as twice and skz&day6 didnt sell as much as got7 make them not worth the investment

A lot of people seem to forget that a group doesn’t necessarily exist just to be as popular and as big a seller as their labelmates...in the case of The Big 3, they are trying to cover as much market ground as possible and capture every audience and demographic that they can across all the groups they debut. It’s the same principle with f(x) and the way SM promoted them—people remark that they never managed to be as enormously successful as SNSD, but that’s not why SM debuted them. The point of f(x) was to capture all the potential fans that would never be interested in SNSD’s concepts, and that way the company would corner as much of the market as possible.Same concept can be applied with ITZY&Twice and Day6&GOT7 (im not familiar with SKZ so i cant tell if they are different from got7)

Another exmple,there is always going to be a certain amount of fans who aren’t interested in traditional idol groups and want idol bands instead. DAY6 is around so those people give their money to JYP, rather than someone else. That alone is a reason for them to exist and be invested in.Day6 are capturing a part of the market that might not be captured by their other groups. Plus they compose their own music, so they probably can save abit on the music production side.

JYP knows which of their artists are worth investing money into. There is plenty of evidence showing that kpop companies will disband a group without hesitation if the interest isn’t there. DAY6 , Stray Kidz and ITZY have had regular comebacks since debut without any lengthy hiatus. So they must be doing something right.

dizzcity, babdit, icyruios and 7 others like this.
  2. kidsgonestray

kidsgonestray Stray Kids
    Review Team

Currency:
    Five Star Michelin
    Stray Kids sold 225K in Hanteo in 6 days, with a repack. Anyone who thinks that they’re not to be invested in is senseless. JYP is capable enough to spend their budget wisely.

3. girlgroupstan21

Currency:
    broke.bitch
    did u even read what i wrote :oops::oops: the tittle is a clickbait

kidsgonestray likes this.
  4. kidsgonestray

kidsgonestray Stray Kids
    Review Team

Currency:
    Five Star Michelin
    Not to you! Lol. I’ll rephrase, I agree with everything you said!

PatheticBadger and Closer like this.
  5. Mecsdeboy

Mecsdeboy Married to @johnny

Currency:
    Jyp should invest in all their groups more

Artemosia, Closer and kidsgonestray like this.
  6. treasureluvme

treasureluvme Trainee

Currency:
    Student
    the tittle is :rolleyes:spicy:rolleyes:

kidsgonestray and Closer like this.
  7. girlgroupstan21

Currency:
    broke.bitch
    true tho .. actually i kinda understand why senior fans mad but at the same time i dont agree when some ppl said "oh ___ not even sold album as much as _____"

8. dong-thefirst

dong-thefirst Leader

Currency:
    you and your bullshit narratives

Celinegirls likes this.
  9. junkieace

junkieace Rookie

Currency:
    I feel like it’s in tandem with JYPEs usual behavior as well. When you got new groups, common sense dictates they’ll get that something extra to push them because they’re new.

I mean 2PM were once the main breadwinners, them and suzy payed for all the groups that debuted after them. Yet I don’t hear those fans spewing this constantly while seething when the newer groups were pumped out.

10. thighssavelives

thighssavelives Jihyo is my Daddy

Currency:
    luda's basement
    all big 3 have this happen, fans will never understand and its no where near coming from just 1 fandom

11. Teudungi21

Teudungi21 Idol

Currency:
    its dumb argument made by quitters. Also it isn't true they are far from flops. Also Twice is a senior group now it would be dumb not to think about the company future beyond Twice.

PatheticBadger likes this.
  12. idontsleep

idontsleep Public Figure

Currency:
    Itzy 14 million budget, hahahaha. People are so gullible.
    :angryr::angryr::angryr:

Onyxly, Artemosia and tenfour like this.
  13. milkman123

milkman123 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Those groups need to catch up fast, like someone tell Stray Kids to make some public friendly music so they can get Korean fans, also Itzy when are they gonna have that big breakthrough with their sales....

Twice is literally leading in every stat from sales, digitals, and touring, plus GOT7 is solid when it comes to sales/touring. How much investment/comebacks is it gonna take for some of these groups to finally hit big. Or are we just gonna be stuck in some limbo....

14. Jirachier

Jirachier Public Figure

Currency:
    The way a lot of kpop fans look at kpop labels is just super weird, and it goes beyond the things you've outlined.

When you're looking at the 4 biggest companies(Big Hit, JYP, YG and SM), ALL their groups are self-sustaining after the initial training period and the cost of debut when the group has yet to release anything. I doubt Day6 is a high maintenance band, ITZY has already gone beyond 200k sales and Stray Kids cleared 300k, these are gigantic numbers. Their streams on international platforms are very good and if it wasn't for the corona-virus both groups have the ability to tour. They're not just funding their comebacks, they are turning a profit for the company.

However, I do not agree with the idea of companies trying to cover their bases by having idols doing different concepts, it's not even the case.
    You cannot evaluate kpop labels the same way you view other companies. If a company is managing a kpop group with a girl crush concept and said group is unable to get a person to become a fan, that doesn't mean a different girl crush GG will be unable to do the same.

In my opinion there are a few reasons that dictates the concept of a group:
    1) A void that needs to be filled in the market. This is very different from the company trying to have as many groups with diverse concepts as possible, if the market is over-saturated with a certain concept, the company could see an opening where a different concept might be very successful since a lot of people want it, not because THEIR specific company doesn't have one.
    2) Sometimes feel more comfortable with one concept than others because they've worked on it for so long and have had great success.
    3) Companies might avoid certain concepts because they don't want to anger the fans of an already existing group under their management so the new one isn't seen as a copy/replacement.

15. btsworlddom

btsworlddom Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hey, i make a post like this yesterday. But with less words, because my english sucks :cryingr:

#15 btsworlddom, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  16. PatheticBadger

PatheticBadger Super Rookie

Currency:
    Simping for Twice
    Stray kids literally are one of the biggest if not biggest 4th gen boy group right now and ITZY are the biggest 4th gen girl group. I don't think they need to really change what they are doing, tbh.

cle19 and kidsgonestray like this.
  17. kpopace26

kpopace26 Newbie

Currency:
    ITZY and DAY6 are already doing well.

SKZ is a two-year old group but they're doing well physically and fandom-wise internationally. They only need now to get traction in Korea and consistency in the next three to five years.

Fighting!

kidsgonestray likes this.
  18. junkieace

junkieace Rookie

Currency:
    Stray kids do make public friendly songs, again for the 100th, public friendly music is useless if no one cares to check you out. Plus general public doesn’t equate to more money, if Stray kid continues growing they’ll easily be a second big money maker like Got7.

And look at DAY6. Korea is still sleeping on them. All these groups need better promo, or variety shows, or a super popular member, or some type of luck to get the public to check them out to begin with so they can start charting well.

PatheticBadger and kidsgonestray like this.
  19. btsworlddom

btsworlddom Super Rookie

Currency:
    You are asking alot of Kpoopies, asking for a little sense is too much for them. Believe me, i tried yesterday in Twitter, it was useless.

20. icyruios

icyruios Icon

Currency:
    Imagine trying to not invest in Day6, imagine the amount of music you are missing out on.

Well then again it's not like Day6 need to hire 273816 producers and 123747 composers and 374817 songwriters because they can do it on their own with a few other producers to assist

Oh and they don't need people to make the music for them because they play their own instruments as well. If you read the credits in detail they go down to even who plays the guitar/keyboard/synth/drums/bass so yeah that's the T.E.A

[​IMG]