Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

JYP can't spot talent

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by seoulgi, May 21, 2018.

1. seoulgi

seoulgi Newbie

I just noticed something about JYPE. A ton of their Ex-Trainees are not only currently successful in other idol groups but most of them are considerably much more talented than the current JYP idols.
    I feel like they either can't recognize talent when it's right in front of them or they focus more on visuals and looking perfect. Which is something that's basically confirmed at this point when they kept on bitching at Jihyo to lose weight in sixteen and gave her lower ranks even though she's the best singer in Twice and also you know.. made Momo lose 15 pounds even though she's the best dancer and looked great to begin with.

So this is the list I found of Ex JYP Trainees
    EXID Junghwa and Hani, BTOB's Peniel, Eunkwang, Eunhyuk, and Sunaje, Infinite's Dongwoo and Hoya, SPICA's Bohyung, AOA's ChoA, APink's Chorong, 2NE1's CL, iKon's Donghyuk, Beast's Dongwoon, Doojoon, and Yoseob, Bigstar's Feeldog, BTS' J-Hope, Secret's Jieun, 4Minute's Jihyun, Jiyoon, Sohyun, and Hyuna*, Sistar's Hyolin, Afterschool's Raina, and B.A.P.'s Youngjae.

Oh yeah let's not forget how JYP himself completely dismissed Yuju back when she auditioned for Kpop Star and now she's a main vocal in GFRIEND. Like I understand she needed a bit more of work.. but even YG admitted that she deserve a chance.

2. Marianthi

Marianthi Public Figure

Well it might not make a sense to you but it does to JYPE. Don't forget that each company is looking for something specific in their idols.
    Also, let's not hear all this bs that JYPE idols ain't that talented. They wouldn't be in a big 3 company if they weren't talented enough or if they weren't fulfilling what JYPE wants in a idol

3. Dreamer95

Dreamer95 Idol

I agree that he failed many talented people, but what makes you think current JYP artists are less talented?

Ffs, what's his talent? He can't rap, can't sing, don't have visuals, not the best on varieties. His only talent is english.

LongAssRider and La_Decay like this.
  4. I_am_scythe

I_am_scythe Trainee

I like EXID, but Junghwa isn't really that great, talent-wise. She has the poorest vocal technique in EXID and her voice isn't that unique and beautiful. She's not even that great in dancing. Her acting was also awkward on SNL...

5. alicehalf

alicehalf Newbie

You forget IU? Or I missed it?
    He didn’t pick her because she was fat. Too bad for him.

LongAssRider and seoulgi like this.
  6. BritishSone

BritishSone Leader

Seulgi & Taeyeon fanboy
    Chungha is also a former JYP trainee

7. alicehalf

alicehalf Newbie

Seriously? I think he has a phobia of talented people lol

seoulgi and BritishSone like this.
  8. seoulgi

seoulgi Newbie

Not only have I never said that JYP idols aren't talented.. But I also specifically said that "most" of these idols are more talented than current JYP Idols, which is true. Not all of them but most of them are.
    If Hyuna was in Wonder girls and later a group like 4minute then I don't think what he's looking for is that specific and special. Most of the Idols on the list could be put in current JYP groups and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Isn't that the same as GOT7 mark tho??

Yeah bc EXID is an extremely talented group. Junghwa is basically a Twice member.. OK singing and dancing but really pretty and cute... And she was born the same year as Nayeon so she's not even that old.

#8 seoulgi, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    borabora_97 likes this.
  9. meister92

meister92 Newbie

Procrastinate
    and i'm still pissed Park Jiwon not made it into twice. lol

10. Dreamer95

Dreamer95 Idol

Can't deny the obvious xD You can add Amber and rest of their LA gang as well.

seoulgi likes this.
  11. Riko_Nee

Riko_Nee Newbie

Doesn't Daehwi used to train at JYP too?

seoulgi and Ling like this.
  12. choi_yuna_bias

choi_yuna_bias Notable

Buddy
    You forgot IU. His biggest loss.

Shonenaaron1, seoulgi and kimjisoo like this.
  13. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Rookie

You know what? JYP himself auditioned for SM. And he got rejected. You know what happened after? He made such a complete success of himself that his own company is now apart of the big3.

Not everyone is supposed to be signed by the company they tried for. People have their own destinies to fulfill. AND ITS TOTALLY FINE!

Why is it that every month there’s a tread about who didn’t get into jype? Some became successful and others never even got to touch a big stage let alone debut somewhere else.

LongAssRider, Marianthi and B0NEZ like this.
  14. Pink_Lamborghini

CEO of Twiceland
    did he really?!
    wow that's amazing

15. kimjisoo

kimjisoo Public Figure

Jisoo's bitch
    doesn't matter as long as blackpink is in my area
    I always thought it was because they take in many trainees without having a tight criteria. Like first they become a trainee and then they'll see if they fit, while some other companies first look if you fit the criteria before you become a trainee, but I just might be all wrong idk

16. DANK_HUSH

DANK_HUSH Newbie

shinwon's butt plug
    ^ i think so yeah, they seem to be more concerned about how they suit one another as potential for groups/the company image than individual skills, or at least in the past
    it's just tragic that he keeps a lot of trainees that have 0 talent or it factor *coughs90%ofgot7coughs*

kimjisoo likes this.
  17. B0NEZ

B0NEZ Trainee

Dang, if that's true then he probably knew that they'll be more popular in another company than in his.

18. POLO_COOL

POLO_COOL Newbie

The 3 Most Important Things JYP Looks For In His Artists, And They’re Not Talent
    honesty, sincerity, and humility.

19. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Public Figure

or bcoz he didn't really mean to look at one? I mean he said so himself. The top criteria his looking at is personality or charm or whatever that is.

20. seoulgi

seoulgi Newbie

I didn't even know this was a popular thread. It's something I honestly noticed today and wanted to talk about.
    You can be mad about it all you want but I just think it's weird that JYPE lost so many talented idols.
    For SM we all know that they're basically obsessed with visuals but sometimes if the talent is really good they'll offer plastic surgery to the trainees (fucked up I know).
    For YG, trainees are tired of waiting in the dungeon for years so they try their luck outside.
    But JYP?? the company with the friendly idols that doesn't require an insane level of talent or god-like visuals? And Idols have similar personalities in front of the cameras so that's not much of an argument.

#20 seoulgi, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018