Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

JYP awful promotion of groups

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Palujal, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Palujal

Palujal Entertainer

As the title mentions, JYP Promotion system is awful

Let me start with Wonder Girls, they had amazing start, taken all awards, dominated all rankings until J.Y Park decided to send them to USA even after failing continuously to grow fame in USA he continued to pursue what he initiated which ended up SNSD becoming #1 Girl Group and Wonder Girls loosing majority of what they already have established in Korea, they were featured on all of the variety shows, music shows, awards etc... They even survived chaotic member change to which most kpop groups go down. Former Member Hyuna was changed to Yubin, Sunmi changed to Lim and then Sunye departed due to her personal life interests following Sohee who had interests in acting.

I would like to address that all of our Wonder Girls are talented individuals who had lots of potential but were never promoted correctly after the departure. 2DT did not chart well, with be my baby and like this they resurected somewhat of what they have established in Korea unfortunately the promotion after Like This was once again one of the worst. I feel like Sohee could avoided leaving the group if JYP would continued to promote without long breaks and actually invested in her acting interests (most of Wonderfuls would know that Sohee auditioned to be an actress, not a girl group member)

________________________________________________________________________________________

GOT7, they started also with great sucess but it doesn't feel like they're expending their fan-base or crashing the ranks the same way when they debuted and I do think the long breaks do play a big role in this as well.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

Somi had amazing exposure during Sixteen, she gained a massive fan base through Sixteen & P101 and if JYP is not gonna promote her in a Girl Group or a soloist for now, most of her fame on which JYP could rise right now will sink again just like Wonder Girls situation, - I understand that lots of people say that if she would debut right now the girl group would get under shadowed by her however I don't agree with this at all, her being in a girl group would somewhat contribute to the groups fame along with JYP'e instant ticket to fame (Not a secret that JYP,SM and YG groups rise to immediate fame since debut) if she debuts after 2 years I do believe that this will be a big negative factor for her group rather then now.
    http://somi.jype.com - we have the website which lacks of updates, they opened her an artist website but
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

Miss A, 2PM, 2AM - I dont think any comments are needed on these groups to realize they were not promoted accordingly, even right now JYPe could try to resurrect whats remaining of Miss A & Wonder Girls to combine to a girl group
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

Lets talk about Yubin, and Lim, they renewed contracts with JYP not providing any details to whats happening, Yubin had potential to solo debut with the exposure of Unpretty Rapstar... Lim as from her social medias I understood that she's studying, but shouldn't be JYPe who gives this kinda updates to us (?)

______________________________________________________________________________________
    Sorry if this is just a big rant of mine, however when I saw JYPe talking about stray kids and how they are supposed to carry JYP's name now I felt a little shaken off.. as they still have many talented idols left in the company who are being held in the dungeon.

I am aware that J.Y Park is somewhat an artist under the label but I believe that currently he is one of the best promoted artist under JYP which is really a shame as he established himself as a producer in the company, taking in consideration when they exposure to worldwide market J.Y Park was the only one who is singing the the music on Team Coco's feature even tho most artists were in the MV.(I dont count the 2 chorus parts of Yeeun)

In the end I think JYP needs to change their promotional structure in the company , perhaps spend a little more $ in this factor of the company.

***Sorry for my English on this big rant, I think I'm somewhat drunk and devastated as most of my favourite idols are under this entertainment***

2. _CLeO

_CLeO Star

They better not screw Stray Kids over - these boys have potential and JYP KNOWS THAT.

3. Oh_Kill_Em

Oh_Kill_Em Legend

Omg, I can't believe that I forgot all about that song with Conan O'Brien lolol

4. Palujal

Palujal Entertainer

They have 2 boy groups who debuted not too long ago, although I support always a new group but in this case they either will flop or succed and if they succeed GOT7, and DAY6 will end up having less chances of actually become somewhat as popular as 2PM was.

DAY6 debut way to soon after GOT7 and they never reached even half the popularity of GOT7...

Blabluegree and _CLeO like this.
  5. RainingStarlight

no matter what you say, they do
    better than most entertainment
    groups, and are one of the fairer
    entertainment groups to be signed
    too. be grateful that the groups you
    like are under JYP, and not somewhere
    else poor and not being able to make
    any income for 5 years +.

kyss_ly and butterfly1999 like this.
  6. Palujal

Palujal Entertainer

That's one of the biggest point I've meant, if not Wonder Girls & 2PM JYP would never have entered the big & famous company status at what they are now. The JYP's tag give a huge advantage to new groups or any idols related to the company but it doesnt make them promoting anyone good and this is one of the reasons why most of JYP groups get stuck at the status they debut. I see many unknown agencies who are promoting way more active then JYP.

#6 Palujal, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  7. Yseki

Yseki Artist

Pretty much every company does meh management. Unless the Kpop group owns their company like Shinwha and Highlight. Or if it is a very popular group from a small company ex: BTS. Lastly if the CEO or founder likes a group it gets treated well.

Lee Soo-man the founder of SM really favors a few groups like SES. He lets them have comebacks without contracts and he goes to their concerts.
    Ex:

Where as I have noticed Yang Hyun-suk really puts a lot of care into Sechskies, probably because his brother-in law is a member.

8. girl_group_lover

TBH while I do agree with literally everything except for the fact that you say GOT7 takes long breaks. Even though I feel like GOT7 is terribly managed and promoted but music wise, they usually have at least 2 album releases or promotional cycles a year. In their debut year (2014), they had Girls Girls Girls, A, Stop Stop It, then in the following year (2015), they released Just Right and almost right after If You Do. Last yeat (2016), they had Fly, Home Run (does this one count?) and Hard Carry. This year, they had Never Ever and very recently You Are. Also keep in mind they also release Japanese stuff in between. Musically, they're already releasing more music than 2PM, Wonder Girls, Miss A did in the past. But for some reason JYP Ent just can't them on the map with the other top idol groups. They aren't flopping but they aren't doing amazing either.

9. Palujal

Palujal Entertainer

I'm not as good at expressing myself as I wish I would be. - I meant they debuted with having more interests & success then where they are now. By any mean I'm not a hater used to like them but haven't checked out the latest videos myself as I have lost personal interests in the group due to the changes in the group.. :(

Dibidibidisalex likes this.
  10. Palujal

Palujal Entertainer

11. Fluffy_YJ

Fluffy_YJ Trainee

JYP is best at promoting JYP the guy

12. caitlinnolly

caitlinnolly Artist

lmao did you forget to mention 15& and baek a yeon? these girls deserve so much better :( jyp just lets them sit there and do nothing despite their talent and popularity

no matter what anyone says, jype isn't the best company - they're far from it. yes they may be better of the big 3, but they're still not that great... you'd think the company being owned by an idol would mean he knows what to do with the roster of idols under the company... apparently not

13. jimeous

jimeous Artist

JYPark doesn't promote the groups, that's the companies job.

WGs, miss A are Daesang winning Groups, they have a career of number 1 hit songs, none of this happened by Luck, but by promoting the group.

2PM and Got7 are the Album, Concert and global Kings of JYPE in the Digital era, this is 100% achieved by promotions in SK and globally as each generation had to start a fanbase from scratch

2AM were co-managed with Big Hit Entertainment between 2010 - 2014, 2AM won a Daesang under them with a Bang Sihyuk song, again no accident, but great insight to contract 2AM to a company that was known at the time, for producing good vocal groups and Singers.

So in terms of Music, JYPE Idols are well promoted however there is NOTHING JYPE can do with the lack of fans. Even winning a Daesang, WGs, miss A and 2AM never had the fanbases of some of the other groups that haven't won one.

I think too many i-fans are assuming that the Media promotion of Singers is by the company when it's not.

Suzy gets promoted by her Films, Dramas and CFs, JYPE don't do anything to promote her other than what is standard for Idols in the company. TWICE are also in the same boat, although TWICE also has a fanbase that promote the group with advertising, other than that, TWICE gets the basic promotions expected for every JYPE Idol.

JYPark does brag about TWICE though, he also brags about (Non-Idol) Actors and Actresses in the company too and has a huge soft spot for the Non-Idols.

I think Stray Kids is the next gen of JYPE Idols, they're basically the Day6 version for Idols, I think you can safely call this the Stray Kids era as JYPE male trainees are going to have to be able to Produce, Song Write and Choreo their own songs

kyss_ly, Mynty, dmod3ultra and 3 others like this.
  14. NOMEANSNOOK

NOMEANSNOOK Rookie

As long as they are not like SM I'm fine. JYP wants to their artists produce their own music. N that stuff that he only promotes himself, well, if he doesn't, then who? He is also an artist. I can bet that If YG papa... :teeheek:

jimeous likes this.
  15. PopCandy

PopCandy Artist

tbh I wonder if someone actually promotes their groups well, since I see fans from literally every group complaining about lack of promotions

16. Palujal

Palujal Entertainer

Yeah, the bigger one seems to have troubles promoting, but you can't deny that Wonder Girls promotions were the disaster of the promotions in kpop history ! :/

17. Palujal

Palujal Entertainer

He is the founder of JYPe as far as I'm aware, majority of decisions involved in the company are based on his opinions., - and yes I was stating that their structure is not as great in promotions as other companies.

Dibidibidisalex and jimeous like this.
  18. sugasbandanas

sugasbandanas Rookie

I got no words for DAY6. They deserve something better.

19. jimeous

jimeous Artist

JYPark doesn't get involved in the Promotion process, he has no need to. JYPE Idol promotions are basic for any of the Big 3 which is a minimum of 7 days promo for Rookie Group's comebacks but way less for older groups.

Rookie Groups get at least 2 weeks for their cbs on Music Shows, some are more selective on the Shows but it is all standard

20. jimeous

jimeous Artist

The general impression of Idols in South Korea is Looks not talent, they are looked down on which is why JYPE want Day6 to be known for their talent AND the members also agree with that approach