just wanted to say

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by HardcoreBLINK, Oct 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    I'm so proud of everything BP & blinks have achieved this far, THE ALBUM commercial & critical performance has exceeded my expectations repeatedly(still getting 10M daily streams & still at #1 Global apple Music for 3 weeks now, THE STABILITY IS INSANE!) but as expected from the biggest GG ✔

Thank U to BP & their team for gifting us this album,I'll be effortlessly streaming it till the next project ✔

Blinks y'all are doing so well,all things considered,we've really proved BP are a true global artists,let's continue supporting the pinks in making history ✔

y'all better be streaming positions in between The ALBUM :)

BLACKPINK IS THE FUTURE ✔✔✔

2. dobbys-retainer

dobbys-retainer Public Figure

Currency:
    Business Analyst, Kpop Enthusiast
    I mean who wants to miss out on THE ALBUM? BP be giving us an easy job as fans bc the album needs no excessive hype. It is just being itself and it attracts people. Anticipate Best New Artist Grammy Nomination!!!!

manikanta, whatev, TheLadybug and 2 others like this.
  3. Violet_Honey

Violet_Honey ♥blackpink fanatic♥

Currency:
    leader of the hajime iwaizumi/tobio kageyama cults
    i am
    :yesr:

HardcoreBLINK likes this.
  4. dam98

dam98 Newbie

Currency:
    Critical performance? I thought most reviews were ok at best

I said once and ill say it again, its a strong album but its not going to be super critically acclaimed because it brings nothing new to the pop genre

euentbug and HardcoreBLINK like this.
  5. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    i like that ✔✔✔

6. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    ✔✔✔✔

Violet_Honey likes this.
  7. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    way better than i expected lol
    even non kpop stans acknowledged the abundant of bops in the album

agreed with that but they know their audience,it'll be foolish to alienate your audience with just your "debut album"

dam98 likes this.
  8. euentbug

euentbug Trendsetter

Currency:
    it only has 8 reviews on metacritic and only has an average score of 71 aka “generally well received”....

i wouldn’t call it great but that’s also not a priority. it’s not bad either. it’s a good score. idk why some people feel the need to exaggerate lol some great albums don’t have great critical reception....

dam98 and HardcoreBLINK like this.
  9. euentbug

euentbug Trendsetter

Currency:
    off topic but:

you won’t catch me streaming that disappointing backslide into thank you next era. lol it sounds like a scrapped album track off tun and the critics agree so far, as well as the general audience of r/popheads and even a large portion of her own fanbase. the song is bland, doesn’t go anywhere, fell victim to shortening for max streaming, and was overall messy.

not to mention the lyrics being poorly received. in the bedroom, in the kitchen, jump through hoops for you. even her own fans are wondering why she’d make a song with these sexist lyrics. her own fans are calling it her “pick me era” and wishing the lyrics would’ve been more reflective of the video where she’s a boss woman, president, etc.

and it’s supposed to be the Lead Single. the following lead single to dangerous woman, no tears left to cry, thank you next..... was this mess. her critical reception has bottomed since the period following tun. rom, stuck with u, boyfriend, don’t call me angel, and now positions, etc.

max martin could’ve given her another god is a woman but instead she released this.... as one of the “best songs” of the album.... her own fans said “maybe ag7 will be better” and ag6 didn’t even drop yet...

Charmed123 likes this.
  10. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    well received is good enough tbh

euentbug likes this.
  11. euentbug

euentbug Trendsetter

Currency:
    no i’m very pleased with it, like i said not having great critical reception isn’t bad nor does it mean an album is bad. i’m just telling them because they said they thought the reviews were mostly just okay and they were

12. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    lol lowkey agreed but maybe she's pulling a BP here

releasing a "familiar,been there,done that sound" as a lead single but the album will bring something new & fresh especially the 2nd single aka the weeknd collab...

but then again positions is the name of the album as well so....

but the song is a cute bop nevertheless even if it's nothing "new"

13. euentbug

euentbug Trendsetter

Currency:
    a prerelease single it could’ve worked as but as the lead single of the album and to be promoted all through this era... it’s a yikes. her own fans are literally starting to leave. i’ve seen countless of them across twitter and r/popheads saying they’re more excited for miley’s new album than ag6. some of them literally had ag6 in their dn and were begging their moots not to drag them lol

unless she starts growing musically, her downfall will continue. she was already risking overexposure and took a break, which she came back from months sooner than she said she would. her critical reception has been horrible since tun. her charting is only fueled by payola these days. as soon as the radio stops, she freefalls. droves of her own fans are jumping ship progressively since boyfriend to now....

but tbh i predicted this. sweetener had horrible reception but some huge hits, she had so much drama around her that she was everywhere, then she had her most hit album of all time, the public were getting a little overexposed and now... she’s just been on a steady decline since then. her biggest era is behind her and it was tun. from here she won’t ever be that big again, and everything shes done since then is just proving it. tbh it’s hard to beat her tun era so it makes sense.

14. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    damn dude that's way too dramatic imo lol
    Ari is trying something different with this album rollout so if she doesn't beat her previous numbers,it doesn't mean she's "declining"

boyfriend was a mistake tho lol

maybe she peaked but she won't be declining imo

15. euentbug

euentbug Trendsetter

Currency:
    not just her numbers and not just this album.

stuck with u
    boyfriend
    rom
    don’t call me angel
    and now positions has poor critical reception and the fans can’t get it up on itunes. twitter ari fans are freaking out about it

all have poor critical reception/freefell without payola.

and if her peak is behind her... then yeah she’s declining. that’s how a peak works. ag6 won’t outdo tun and i would put money that ag7 won’t either. by that time, younger and more easily marketed pop girls will become the main pop girls and she’ll be traded out as the industry likes to do with pop women 30+ and past their musical peak. it’s just the industry (even if it’s not fair to the women). unless ag6 or ag7 are amazing, she won’t hit back the same way again. and hopes are already low for ag6 from critics, pop heads, and even her own fans... so really her last hope to stay relevant is ag7 being a smash. she would have to take a proper break though. not like this where she says she’s taking a while then comes back immediately

16. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    too early to say..
    let's see how the single performs & then the album

i don't think she needs an extended break but i do think the album should have been released early 2021 instead...

tbh i still believe she will beat her 330M or something first week Spotify stteams,if Taylor can do it with a 1 day notice,so can ari ✔

17. anne_jay

anne_jay Super Rookie

Currency:
    I have to say The Album definitely exceeded my expectation in replay value, longevity and achievements.

Truly deserving of its name as it is The Album :yesr:

Not streaming Positions though, the song okay but not lead material enough.

18. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    nothing but facts here ✔✔✔✔