Jolin Tsai - Queen of Stage / C-Pop

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hermes1, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    Jolin Tsai is a true super-star in China. Comparable only with TV and movie star Jackie Chan .

Jolin Tsai
    Jolin Tsai (Chinese 蔡依林, Pinyin Cài Yīlín; * 15 September 1980 in Xinzhuang, now part of New Taipei, Taiwan) is a Taiwanese Mandopop singer who gained fame in Asia. She holds a bachelor's degree in English literature.
    [​IMG]
    Tsai at the MTV Asia Awards 2006

Years active 1999–present

Jolin Tsai (/tsˈaɪ/; Chinese: 蔡依林; born September 15, 1980) is a Taiwanese singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, and businesswoman. Known for reinventing both her music and image, she is cited as a huge role of popularizing dance music as mainstream music in Greater China.[1] Often referred to as the "Queen of C-pop",[2] "Asia's Dancing Queen",[3] and "Asian Madonna",[4] she has achieved popularity in Chinese-speaking world by releasing a series of commercially and critically successful albums and has a dedicated fanbase worldwide.[5]

Born and raised in Taiwan, Tsai began her singing career by winning the champion at an MTV singing competition at the age of 18.[6] Her debut album, released in 1999 and titled 1019, was a huge success, and she quickly became a teen idol with a large teenage fanbase.[7] Her fifth album, Magic (2003), is regarded as one of her biggest successes so far, right after her album, Dancing Diva (2006), which reflected her mature artistic statement.[8] After several successful albums and dozens of hits, she released her latest album, Play, in 2014.[9]

Having sold more than 25 million records in Asia, Tsai is recognized as one of the best-selling artists in Asia.[10] Her work has earned her numerous awards and accolades, including six Golden Melody Awards, an MTV Asia Award, and an MTV Video Music Award.[1] She has been acclaimed as a businesswoman, particularly after she founded her own music production and management company Eternal in 2009.[11] Forbes reported that she is one of the highest-paid Chinese celebrities, with the estimated net worth of NT$2 billion in 2014.

In September 2016 she published a new version of the song I Wanna Know, in collaboration with the Swedish DJ and producer Alesso. This appeared over the plate label "Eternal Music Productions" in selected Asian countries. In June 2017 a collaboration with the Dutch producer Hardwell followed. This is a long-awaited track that has been played as an instrumental to date. Under the title of We Are One, he was also awarded the title "Eternal" on June 20, 2017 in the Asian region. A publication in Europe and whether this would also be done as a collaboration with Tsai has not yet been announced.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The 25th Golden Melody Awards 蔡依林 Jolin Tsai - Queen of Stage:MUSE [runtime: 18:00 min.]

1000位外國人觀看蔡依林的MV:第八集(Queen Of The Night)

#1 Hermes1, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. bollwoodvskpop

Currency:
    I like the song she did with Namie Amuro

koschei likes this.
  3. koschei

koschei Star

Currency:
    you could have posted smth new :p

Hermes1 likes this.
  4. girl_group_lover

girl_group_lover Super Rookie

Currency:
    YAS! I love Jolin! I've loved her since I was a kid (she made her debut about 18 years ago). Because of my older sister, I basically grew up listening to her music. She is absolutely amazing. She was one of the very first singers whom I had fallen in love with (and still very much love til this day). BTW, this is my favorite video. She was performing at an event (trying to promote her latest album at the time) but forgot the lyrics to her very own song lol. Her reaction was so adorable

She forgets the lyrics at 1:20 and then a second time at 2:15

#4 girl_group_lover, Aug 5, 2017
    MazoMazo likes this.
  5. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    Here it is:

6. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    The party continues:

2016-09-19 蔡依林 Jolin Tsai - 《I'm Not Yours》+《倒帶》+《PLAY我呸》Live@樂視919樂迷狂歡夜

2016-10-01 蔡依林 Jolin Tsai / Alesso -《PLAY我呸》+《I Wanna Know》Live@Budweiser STORM Festival Shanghai (CHN)

Jolin Tsai Budweiser STORM Festival Shanghai 2016 pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#6 Hermes1, Aug 5, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted