JESSICA JUNG = 'SHINE' Novel ; TIME Magazine (USA) = Characters REAL K-pop Based ; 2020.09.24

Discussion in 'Celebrity Zone' started by krell, Sep 17, 2020.

1. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    time.com/5892708/jessica-jung-shine-interview
    New TIME Magazine (USA) Article about JESSICA and 'SHINE' Novel ; 2020.09.24
    (JESSICA states that 'SHINE' Characters are based on JESSICA and KRYSTAL)

www.allkpop.com/article/2020/09/jessicas-new-novel-shine-under-controversy
    Jessica Jung's new novel 'Shine' under controversy over elements
    that allegedly refer to Girls' Generation ; 2020.09.18

www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=834279
    [Issue] "Isn't It a Bit Much" (???) … JESSICA JUNG , Girls' Generation , Sniper Suspicion
    and Cover Controversy about her New Novel titled 'SHINE' ; 2020.09.17
    (Reporter = Song Oh-Jung) ; Scroll Down

Photos from this above (URL) TopStarNews.net Article:
    cdn.topstarnews.net/news/photo/202009/834279_559281_5834.jpg
    cdn.topstarnews.net/news/photo/202009/834279_559282_5940.jpg

(Translated to English Language via GOOGLE and 'Cleaned Up' as best that I could do it)

With the contents and cover of a novel ('SHINE') published by Jessica (Jung), a (past) member
    of the group "Girls' Generation" (aka SNSD), who has now (obviously) left the Group,
    she has risen to the fore (attracted attention).

Recently, a review article of 'Shine', a novel book containing the autobiographical contents of Jessica, which has been released overseas in the online community, is a hot topic ...
    One overseas reader said --> ... "The most disappointing part of reading this book was how badly all the girls in the book were (behaving in interaction) with each other. This (aspect) part was also based on a true story, but I felt really badly when I read the book."

(My added observation --> ... Meaning, that 'SHINE' seems to be somewhat *autobiographical* for JESSICA JUNG ... In terms of her *likely* experience with the *actual* GIRLS GENERATION Group (SNSD) ... Which , JESSICA JUNG was VERY likely (95%) *forced out* as a member of it by SMe Agency decision ... Also, there is *speculation* that *some* current SNSD members did *support* it to have JESSICA JUNG *removed* from SNSD Group. But there was NOT ever verification of that (SNSD member animosity for JESSICA JUNG). Although *many* SNSD FANS do claim it and sight supporting theories and facts concerning this notion.)

In the reviews (of 'SHINE') by other overseas readers, the main character (Rachel Kim) is always a victim and the (other Group) members are controversial, and appear to be somewhat hostile (personalities) in nature.

Rachel Kim, the protagonist, has similar characteristics, such as dislike of cucumbers, like Jessica (Jung). And it is a question (controversy) of whether the novel is aimed at (remaining SNSD-8) Girls' Generation members. Because it is (*seemingly*) an autobiographical story based on facts.
    (My added observation --> ... As recalled by Jessica Jung, obviously.)

In addition, it is being pointed out that even if it is not (deliberately) aimed at the actual Girls' Generation (SNSD-8) Group, it could be (regarded) as a sufficiently misleading (situation).

In addition, (packaging) elements related to Girls' Generation are included on the cover of an overseas novel, giving strength to the theory of Girls' Generation (SNSD) as a *likely* inspiration for Jessica Jung's 'SHINE' novel.

The (packaging) covers in question are the Brazilian and Thai versions. On the cover of the ('SHINE') Brazilian version that Jessica chose through the contest, the poster next to the mirror is the image of Girls' Generation's "That Summer" (song) jacket and "oh!" (song). In addition, the ('SHINE') Thai version has an image of a fan Lightstick created after Jessica Jung had departed as an SNSD Group member.

There are many opinions that these covers should be changed, even though Korean netizens do not see any real intent to *meaningfully* deceive Girls' Generation members and fans.

So, a (Fan) Netizen (apparently) said --> "It's too rude" = 'SHINE' ... ;)
    And similar other comments came from other Netizens.

(End Article = TopStarNews.net --> Reporter = Song Oh-Jung)

Additional observations (below) , NOT from Article (above) author , but me -->

It has been stated elsewhere (Internet News Coverage) that NETFLIX TV already has agreed
    to do (so contracted) a VIDEO presentation situation for "SHINE" novel (Jessica Jung) ...
    And JESSICA JUNG is working on her *sequel* next new novel titled "BRIGHT" ...

One does WONDER just how much of the 'Novel Writing' that JESSICA JUNG actually does it.
    NO offense to JESSICA JUNG intended by that. But just *stating* a *story plot* outline *verbally*
    to a 'Ghost Writer' , who 'fine tunes' it all , seems *fine* strategy to me for 'SHINE' and 'BRIGHT' ...

(Trolling) ... Perhaps JESSICA and KRYSTAL JUNG , K-pop Idol Sisters , born USA ...
    (*Both* past SMe Agency , KRYSTAL with FX Group = SULLI is notable member)
    Could do a DUO 'Cover' of the (USA) 'BACK STABBERS' song -->
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzTeLePbB08

www.allkpop.com/article/2020/09/jessica-to-hold-a-special-online-event-with-special-guest-krystal-for-the-release-of-her-new-book-shine
    Jessica Jung to hold a special online event with (true sister) special guest Krystal Jung
    for the release of her new book 'Shine' ; 2020.09.03

m.edaily.co.kr/news/photo_detail.html?galleryno=32019
    JESSICA JUNG 제시카 ; 14 Photos ; Slideshow ; 2019.07.23 - 2018.09.22

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Jung
    JESSICA JUNG ; Info
    namu.wiki/w/제시카(가수)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krystal_Jung
    KRYSTAL JUNG ; Info
    namu.wiki/w/크리스탈

#1 krell, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    insidersm likes this.
  2. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    (Reserved for Feedback Replies , Added Observations , And Information)

#2 krell, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    insidersm likes this.
  3. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    This THREAD Topic is about JESSICA JUNG , and her New Novel 'SHINE' Release ...
    And also somewhat about her sister KRYSTAL JUNG , and BLANC & ECLARE Fashions ...
    And NOT about IF one can type "WTF" , "OMG" , "IKR" , "???" (etc) ...
    So , ASKING that REPLIES here are 'On Topic' , those are welcome.

insidersm likes this.
  4. SoshiTwices

SoshiTwices Newbie

Currency:
    It's brilliant and the opportune time to release something like this with kpop at the forefront with the likes of BTS and Blackpink. And now, people get to get the inside details from someone who was a member of one of the most indisputably influential parts of the kpop world.

Do I think it is about GG? No. While they may have had fights, their bond seemed genuine back then and honestly up until 9/30. However, I do believe the book's contents included some aspects of her experiences. If any reference of GG is made in the book, it is likely the "Girls Forever" mentioned in excerpts we've seen.

5. insidersm

insidersm Sugar Daddy

Currency:
    Do u plan to buy it?

krell likes this.
  6. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    With NETFLIX TV doing a VIDEO version of 'SHINE' , they must be thinking that way too ...
    I assume NETFLIX already has the *sequel* ('BRIGHT') ownership locked up too ...
    It could be that NETFLIX is the one that approached JESSICA JUNG with the idea too ...
    JESSICA JUNG is somewhat a 'face plate' in the situation , but a *good* choice as that.
    NOT saying that the story plot is not JESSICA's creation mostly ... Just that , likely ,
    NETFLIX had a *PRO WRITER* 'tune it' (her novel) for VIDEO creation adaptability.
    How about maybe JESSICA and KRYSTAL JUNG get to do *cameo* actress appearances
    in the NETFLIX Videos for it (her novels).

#6 krell, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    SoshiTwices likes this.
  7. forcecrush

forcecrush Super Rookie

Currency:
    the cover looks like a 5-year-old vomited on it

A.Fishbowl and krell like this.
  8. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    To me , the 'SHINE' cover (packaging) just seems a bit 'low budget' overall ...
    But NOT sure that it really matters that much ...

So , just how might the (packaging) 'SHINE' cover material be improved ???
    Okay , yes , I am 'setting up' to TROLL this a bit , *no offense* intended to SONE Fans.

So , how about 'cover' with a Photo of TAEYEON (SNSD) and JESSICA (ex-SNSD) ...
    And have them posed as like facially 'snarling' at each other ... ;)
    Maybe some 'clawing hand gestures' (cat moves) would work well too ...

The reason that I suggest TAEYEON and JESSICA , is that there was at the time
    of JESSICA leaving as SNSD member , a *lot* of speculation that TAEYEON had
    somehow forced out JESSICA as an SNSD member ... And there were quite a few
    FANS of JESSICA who had theories about TAEYEON and JESSICA *not* liking
    each other very much ... Anyway , I think it would be AMUSING to have
    an actual *new* PHOTO of TAEYEON and JESSICA together , promoting 'SHINE' novel.

But actually , the NETFLIX *video* (movie) of 'SHINE' , is what will be more likely
    to 'drive sales' of the 'SHINE' novel (eventually) ... And also , JESSICA JUNG is
    *already* producing the *sequel* novel titled 'BRIGHT' ... Which likely NETFLIX has
    ownership rights to that too ('BRIGHT' sequel novel) for VIDEO production.

Added Later: Contrary to early K-News Media statements , it appears now that
    NETFLIX (Video Distribution) is NOT contract involved with JESSICA's 'SHINE' Novel.

#8 krell, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  9. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    As an additional thought on *improving* the 'SHINE' novel 'cover' (packaging) ...

More *possible* , would be a 'cover' Photo with TIFFANY YOUNG and JESSICA JUNG.
    TIFFANY (SNSD-8) is *not* under contract with SMe Agency anymore.
    Rather , TIFFANY (born USA citizen) is now living and focused on her USA activities (SOLO Music).

So TIFFANY could actually *do* a 'cover' with JESSICA , and might be *amused* to do that.
    TIFFANY YOUNG did have her 'JAPAN FLAG Emoticon' adventure while still with SNSD-8.

NOT sure though , IF that TIFFANY wants to 'cross' SMe Agency though ...
    In that , TIFFANY *might* become somewhat more 'persona non grata' with SMe Agency ...
    IF that TIFFANY YOUNG helped JESSICA JUNG with her 'SHINE' novel in this situation ...

Still , I *like* the idea of TIFFANY and JESSICA together , 'catting' on the cover of 'SHINE' novel ... :)

10. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
  11. nina_red

nina_red Trainee

Currency:
    Not sure how I feel about this line from Time interview tbh:

'But Jung says it’s up to the reader to decide the line between fact and fiction. “It’s going to be like an Easter egg hunt,” she tells TIME. “Looking for clues and who’s who, what’s what, what’s true, what’s not.”'

I don't think she is purposefully trying to bring hate to anyone but I know Ot8 Sones are gonna be mad at that statement... Its gonna get messy.

krell likes this.
  12. A.Fishbowl

A.Fishbowl Idol

Currency:
    She already brought hate to OT8, intended or not. This was a great chance to make some damage control, but she didn’t

krell likes this.
  13. justscrolling

justscrolling Newbie

Currency:
    I prefer to read her autobiography. A

krell likes this.
  14. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    @nina_red , @A.Fishbowl <--

I would say that the TIME Magazine Article here , did *succeed* in attracting *attention* to JESSICA JUNG's 'SHINE' Novel ... And 'messy behavior responses' from (SNSD Fans) SONE are likely to be WELCOMED by JESSICA ... It all helps to hype the 'SHINE' novel ... Again though , I thought that NETFLIX (Video Distribution) was likely 'pulling the strings' in this JESSICA 'SHINE' situation ... Since NETFLIX apparently is NOT doing that (they are 'in talks' with JESSICA ???) at present , that changes the situation significantly , to me.

Another aspect of JESSICA JUNG's current situation , is that (her sister) KRYSTAL JUNG is *not* under CONTRACT with SMe Agency anymore (apparently) ... Which , that also does change the dynamic a bit , in terms of JESSICA's options with SNSD and SMe Agency.

#14 krell, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  15. bxyno

bxyno Rookie

Currency:
    Has anyone gotten the book yet? I forgot it came out today but my copy is coming next week!

krell likes this.