JENYER "BAD" MV , (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; Comeback ; 2020.08.24

Discussion in 'Comeback Threads' started by krell, Aug 26, 2020.

1. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=umnKpBzf4oI
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; Official MV (NO Subtitles) ; 2020.08.24

m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=29397021&memberNo=47957077
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; Photos (Scroll Down) ; Storyboard ; 2020.09.10

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbTrJZl7Alg
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; Dance MV ; 2020.09.01

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt8odIRu0co
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; *Making* Behind MV Creation ; 2020.09.10

www.instagram.com/p/CEjcLfppgT6
    HEIZE (L) and JENYER (R) , Personal Friends (IG Photo) , 2020.09.01

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSFeCo1Ixc4
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (*Making* Behind the Scenes) ; 2020.08.27

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAZEqZT_yAE
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Pops in Seoul , Arirang K-pop)
    "The Performance Queen!" (Interview for 'BAD' , 9 Minutes , English on Screen) ; 2020.08.31

www.womaneconomy.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=93504
    Jeon Ji-Yoon (JENYER), 'BAD' (song) Unprecedented Performance ; 2020.08.28
    Rates #1 in 'Real Time Search' (via Internet) after 'Music Bank' TV Broadcast

www.womaneconomy.kr/news/photo/202008/93504_303717_4533.jpg
    Click above URL (scroll down) for Photos of Jeon Ji-Yoon (JENYER)

Singer Jeon Ji-yoon appeared on (KBS2's TV Show) 'Music Bank'
    and presented a fantastic live broadcast stage of her 'BAD' (song).

On this day, Jeon Ji-Yoon started the 'BAD' stage in a dreamy atmosphere.
    Jeon Ji-Yoon's unprecedented performance spewing out of the sophisticated beat
    and addictive melody (that) caught the eyes and ears of viewers.

In particular, Jeon Ji-Yoon's unique stage was completed by (her) exuding eyes,
    surrounded by burning anger and feelings of betrayal,
    along with a unique costume that attracts viewer eyes.

In addition, immediately after the stage was over,
    (JENYER / Ji-Yoon) ranked FIRST in the Real-Time SEARCH word RANKING
    on the portal site (Naver Search ?), and received hot attention from many music fans.

Jeon Ji-Yoon's new song 'BAD' contains the feeling of anger from a person
    who was betrayed by a loved one. In addition, the emotion was augmented
    with the featuring of (artist) Kim Museum, who is attracting attention with his unique voice.

Meanwhile, Jeon Ji-Yoon (JENYER) will communicate Live with each Music Broadcast,
    appearing through her official SNS Instagram for fans who cannot participate
    in the (TV) Music Broadcast due to the Covid-19 situation.

Reporter Kim Yoon-hee ; womaneconomy@seoulmedia.co.kr
    www.womaneconomy.kr

---------------------

This is a JENYER 'Two Part' (URLs) Interview , Translated to English
    I cleaned it up , and fairly sure JENYER's overall intent is correctly stated.

---------------------

www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01279206625870928&mediaCodeNo=258

Photo URLs with Article (Click to View) -->
    https://spnimage.edaily.co.kr/images/photo/files/NP/S/2020/08/PS20082500084.jpg
    https://spnimage.edaily.co.kr/images/photo/files/NP/S/2020/08/PS20082500085.jpg
    https://spnimage.edaily.co.kr/images/photo/files/NP/S/2020/08/PS20082500086.jpg
    https://spnimage.edaily.co.kr/images/photo/files/NP/S/2020/08/PS20082500087.jpg

Jeon Ji-Yoon "First performance in 4 years since I converted to Solo, I lost 6kg" [Interview 1 of 2]

Registration 2020-08-25 11:23:19 AM
    [E-Daily Star In Reporter Kim Hyun-sik]

(JENYER said) --> “It was the first time to show a performance stage since I converted to solo, so it was a burden.” ... This is the statement of JENYER, a singer from 4Minute who has returned with the new song “BAD” ... On the 24th, Jeon Ji-Yoon (JENYER) released a new song 'BAD' , a song that stands out with a sophisticated beat and a strong addictive melody. Jeon Ji-Yoon is planning a new song stage with splendid performances by starting music broadcasting for the first time in four years after starting a new start as a solo singer.

(JENYER said) --> “As a solo singer, I have never danced, and it was a burden because I had to invest a lot of money to prepare for a performance. So, if I was going to do it, I decided to do it right. (So) Ran the Han River every day to manage my physical strength, and practiced the choreography really hard for about two months. So, I lost about 6kg. It is a very intense dance, so no matter how much you eat, you have no choice but to lose weight. If there are people who want to go on a diet, it would be nice to try my (dance) performance (smile).”

After turning to a solo singer, Jeon Ji-Yoon continued to show off her own songs and strengthened her inner strength ... (JENYER said) --> “For a while, I worked alone without a management company and manager, and I struggled, and without telling anyone, I even released a song called 'Because I Can't Decide' as a faceless singer named 'Heal'.” ... As a member of the pop band Present (PRSNT), she took on a different challenge and broadened her musical spectrum.

(JENYER said) --> “I lived really hard, right? ... (haha) ... It's (my) style that I can't stand (motionless), so I continued to make songs, formed bands, opened performances, and continued to be active. Since I had the idea of starting over from the beginning, the songs I mainly showed were quiet songs with a lyrical and ethereal atmosphere different from the time of 4Minute. Then, about last year, I started to seriously think about my character once again. In the meantime, I met the current company (Artsro Agency), and I received the opinions of various staff and made a comeback with a performance song for the first time.”

Jeon Ji-Yoon worked on a new song with the idea that she would not make a comeback unless it was -->
    “A song that I would not get tired of listening to for a month ... (and) ... A song that anyone would say 'good' (quality) ... I worked on about 20 songs, and after choosing 4 to 5 songs that could be featured as a comeback song, I voted for myself with the staff of the company, and then I chose 'BAD' as the comeback song." ... Jeon Ji-Yoon showed strong confidence in this activity, saying --> “(This is) the best song of my Solo life (to) come out ... I heard it over 500 times while practicing, not an exaggeration, but I didn't get bored. The dancers showed the same reaction as me. (4Minute member) GAYOON said, 'It's the best song you've ever made, and it's like Jeon Ji-Yoon' ... (smile) ... Even after watching the music video, my Dad said, ‘I can see how hard you prepared it.’ ... I've never seen my Dad listen to my song and react so thrilled ... I see signs of a possible hit song in many ways, including the reactions (of those) around me.”

On the (2020 Aug) 26th, Jeon Ji-Yoon featured on MBC TV Music 'Show Champion' ... When asked about her determination for activities, Jeon Ji-Yoon said --> “I have grown a lot musically and have confidence as the spectrum that I can digest has expanded. I think that my current body is cool” ... She said, adding --> “There must be some people who did not know that I was continuing my (musical) activities, but I will do my best to show many people that I am wonderful.”

---------------------

www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01282486625870928&mediaCodeNo=258

Jeon Ji-Yoon --> "HyunA, I wish You a Comeback with a Healthy Look ... No Discord" [Interview 2 of 2]

Registration 2020-08-25 11:27:01 AM
    [E-Daily Star In Reporter Kim Hyun-sik]

The new song 'BAD' by singer Jeon Ji-Yoon (JENYER) from group 4minute is the first story
    of 'Flower: Flower' (Flower), a new performance series by Jeon Ji-Yoon. This song corresponds to (Fire).

In an interview with E-Daily, Jeon Ji-Yoon said --> “'BAD' is a song about anger” ... (and) ... “I tried to express my instinctive feeling of wanting to take revenge when I first felt anger by focusing on the situation where I was betrayed by a loved one.” ... Said Jeon Ji-Yoon, who wrote and composed the song himself, and said --> “I got inspiration from searching for various works with revenge as the keyword, such as the movies 'American Psycho' and 'Kill Bill.'”

Jeon Ji-Yoon released her new song in about a year and three months after the release of her first Solo mini-album “The Moment I Loved” in May last year. The new song “BAD” attracted the attention of fans in that it was the first song that Jeon Ji-Yoon performed for the first time in four years after converting to Solo.

Jeon Ji-Yoon said --> “I found a person who could make a choreography that matches the song through Instagram and sent a direct message (DM)." ... She added --> "(We thought as) 'Let's open dreams to heart's content' and so a very intense choreography was created."

This comeback was a hot topic among fans in that the (TV Promotional) time somewhat overlaps with HyunA, a 4minute (Group) colleague. On the 26th, HyunA was scheduled to release a new song 'GOOD GIRL' and make a comeback. But due to health reasons, (HyunA) her activities at that same time (period) were missed (delayed).

In this regard, Jeon Ji-Yoon said --> "I think that HyunA knows (her physical limitations), and she is a friend who has already achieved success as a solo singer."

Regarding the (possibility of) disagreement between the (past) 4minute members and HyunA, which some people constantly raise, she dismissed (it) ... Saying --> "It is correct that we are not in contact with each other at the moment, but we have never fought while working, and there was no disagreement." ... In addition, she emphasized that --> "My ('BAD' MV) concept of 'discord' has nothing to do with (any 4Minute Group) discord (between members)."

Jeon Ji-Yoon's new single, which contains “BAD” and the intro song “To This Which the World All are Bad,” was released on the 24th. On the (2020 Aug) 26th, Jeon Ji-Yoon featured on MBC TV Music 'Show Champion.'

Jeon Ji-Yoon observed --> "I think there will be many people who are angry these days because of this or that situation. I hope that the angry people will be able to relieve their anger a little while listening to my song and watching the music video." ... In addition, she hoped --> "I want to find the clear Color of Solo Jeon Ji-Yoon through the performance series 'Flower: Flower', which is being conceived as a trilogy."

Finally, she concluded --> “I had an excessive desire to enter the (Music) Billboard Charts just two or three years ago, but now it has changed,” ... She said --> “The goal is to keep creating good music for (my) fans who are my driving force, while maintaining good health.”

---------------------

(Original Article Hangul Language is below)

전지윤 "솔로 전향 4년만에 첫 퍼포먼스, 6kg 빠졌어요" [인터뷰 1 of 2]

등록 2020-08-25 오전 11:23:19

김현식 기자

[이데일리 스타in 김현식 기자] “퍼포먼스 무대를 선보이는 건 솔로 전향 후 처음이라 부담이 컸어요.” 신곡 ‘배드’(BAD)로 돌아온 포미닛 출신 가수 전지윤(JENYER)의 말이다. 전지윤은 24일 세련된 비트와 중독성 강한 멜로디가 돋보이는 곡인 신곡 ‘배드’를 발표했다. 전지윤은 솔로 가수로 새 출발에 나선 이후 4년 만에 처음으로 음악방송 활동에 나서 화려한 퍼포먼스와 함께 신곡 무대를 꾸밀 계획이다.

“솔로 가수로서는 한 번도 춤을 춰본 적이 없는 데다가 퍼포먼스를 준비하려면 비용 투자도 많이 해야 하는 만큼 부담이 심했어요. 그래서 할 거면 제대로 해보자는 다짐을 하고 매일 같이 한강을 뛰며 체력 관리를 했고 안무 연습도 두달 가량 정말 열심히 임했죠. 그렇다 보니 체중이 6kg 정도 빠졌어요. 굉장히 격렬한 춤이라 아무리 많이 먹어도 살이 빠질 수밖에 없더라고요. 만약 다이어트를 하고 싶으신 분들이 계시다면, 제 퍼포먼스를 따라해 보시는 것도 좋을 것 같아요. (미소).”

전지윤은 솔로 가수로 전향한 뒤 쉼 없이 자작곡을 선보이며 내공을 다져왔다. 한동안 소속사와 매니저 없이 홀로 활동하며 고군분투하기도 했고, 아무에게도 알리지 않고 ‘힐’(Heal)이라는 이름의 얼굴 없는 가수로 ‘그건 내가 정할 수 없는 거라서’라는 곡을 낸 적도 있다. 팝밴드 프레젠트(PRSNT) 멤버로 색다른 도전에 나서 음악적 스펙트럼도 넓혔다.

“저 되게 열심히 살았죠? 하하. 혼자 가만히 못 있는 스타일이라서 계속해서 곡을 만들고 밴드를 결성해 공연도 열어보고 하면서 꾸준히 활동해왔어요. 처음부터 다시 시작한다는 생각을 가지고 있었기에 주로 선보인 곡들은 포미닛 때와는 다른 서정적이고 분위기 있는 조용한 노래들이었고요. 그러다가 작년쯤부터 저의 캐릭터에 대해 다시 한번 진지하게 고민을 해보기 시작했어요. 그러던 중 지금의 회사(아츠로이엔티)를 만났고, 여러 스태프들의 의견을 받아들여 처음으로 퍼포먼스 곡으로 컴백하게 됐고요.”

전지윤은 “한 달 동안 들어도 질리지 않을 만한 곡”이자 “누가 들어도 ‘좋다’고 할 만한 곡”이 아니면 컴백하지 않겠다는 생각으로 신곡 작업에 임했다. 그렇게 20여곡을 작업했고 그 중 컴백곡으로 내세울 만한 4~5곡을 추린 뒤 회사 스태프들과 함께 자체 투표를 진행한 끝 ‘배드’를 컴백곡으로 택했다. 전지윤은 “제 솔로 인생 최고의 곡이 나왔다”면서 이번 활동에 대한 강한 자신감을 내비쳤다.

“과장이 아니라 연습하면서 500번 넘게 들었지만 질리지 않았어요. 댄서 분들도 저와 같은 반응을 보였고요. (허)가윤이는 ‘네가 만든 노래 중 가장 좋고 이제야 전지윤 같다’고 해줬어요. (미소). 심지어 아빠는 뮤직비디오를 보고 나서 ‘네가 얼마나 열심히 준비했는지가 보인다’고 하시면서 울컥해 하시더라고요. 아빠가 제 노래를 듣고 이렇게 감격해하는 반응을 보이신 걸 본 적이 없는데…제 스스로도 그렇고 주변 반응도 그렇고 여러모로 대박 조짐이 보여요.”

전지윤은 26일 MBC뮤직 ‘쇼! 챔피언’을 시작으로 음악방송 활동에 나선다. 활동 각오를 묻자 전지윤은 “음악적으로 많은 성장을 했고 소화할 수 있는 스펙트럼도 넓어진 만큼 자신감이 생겼다. 전 지금의 제 제신이 멋지다고 생각한다”면서 “제가 활동을 계속하고 있다는 사실을 몰랐던 분들도 계실 텐데, 많은 분에게 저의 멋진 모습을 보여드릴 수 있도록 최선을 다하겠다”고 당차게 답했다.

-----------------------

전지윤 "현아, 건강한 모습으로 컴백하길…불화는 NO" [인터뷰 2 of 2]

등록 2020-08-25 오전 11:27:01
    김현식 기자

[이데일리 스타in 김현식 기자] 그룹 포미닛 출신 가수 전지윤(JENYER)의 신곡 ‘배드’(BAD)는 전지윤이 새롭게 시작하는 퍼포먼스 시리즈인 ‘꽃:화’(花)의 첫 번째 이야기 ‘불:화’(火)에 해당하는 곡이다.

전지윤은 이데일리와의 인터뷰에서 “‘배드’는 분노를 주제로 한 곡”이라면서 “사랑하는 사람에게 배신을 당한 상황에 초점을 맞춰 분노를 처음 느꼈을 때 복수를 하고 싶어하는 본능적 감정을 표현하기 위해 노력했다”고 말했다. 곡을 직접 작사, 작곡한 전지윤은 “영화 ‘아메리칸 싸이코’, ‘킬빌’ 등 복수를 키워드로 한 여러 작품들을 찾아보며 영감을 얻었다”고도 했다.

전지윤이 신곡을 내놓은 것은 지난해 5월 첫 솔로 미니앨범 ‘더 모먼트 아이 러브드’(The Moment I Loved)를 발표한 이후 약 1년 3개월 만이다. 신곡 ‘배드’는 전지윤이 솔로 전향 후 4년 만에 처음으로 퍼포먼스를 선보이는 곡이라는 점에서 팬들의 관심을 모았다.

전지윤은 “인스타그램을 통해 곡과 어울리는 안무를 만들어줄 수 있을 만한 분을 찾아 직접 DM(다이렉트 메시지)를 보냈다”면서 “알고보니 저보다 9살이나 어린 22살이었던 신예 댄서 분에게 퍼포먼스 디렉팅을 맡겼다”고 말했다. 이어 “‘마음껏 꿈을 펼쳐보시라’고 했더니 진짜 마음껏 꿈을 펼쳐주셔서 굉장히 격렬한 안무가 만들어졌다”며 웃었다.

포미닛 동료였던 현아와 출격 시기가 겹친다는 점에서도 이번 컴백은 팬들 사이에서 화젯거리였다. 현아는 26일 신곡 ‘굿 걸’(GOOD GIRL)을 발표하고 컴백할 예정이었는데 건강상의 이유로 일정을 연기하면서 동시기 활동은 불발됐다.

이와 관련해 전지윤은 “현아는 이미 솔로 가수로서 성공을 거둔 친구이기에 배울 점이 많다고 생각한다”면서 “꼭 건강을 되찾아 좋은 모습으로 컴백하길 바란다”고 말했다.

일각에서 꾸준히 제기하는 포미닛 멤버들과 현아 사이의 불화설에 대해선 “현재 서로 연락을 안 하고 지내는 것은 맞지만 활동하면서 싸웠던 적도 없었고, 불화도 없었다”고 일축했다. 아울러 “이번 콘셉트인 ‘불화’ 역시 해당 불화설과는 전혀 관련이 없다”고 강조했다.

‘배드’와 인트로곡 ‘세상 모든 나쁜 이들에게’(to this which the world all are bad)가 담긴 전지윤의 새 싱글은 24일 공개됐다. 전지윤은 26일 MBC 뮤직 ‘쇼! 챔피언’을 시작으로 음악방송 활동에 나선다.

인터뷰 말미에 전지윤은 “요즘 이런저런 상황으로 인해 화가 나신 분들이 많을 거라고 생각한다”면서 “화가 나신 분들이 제 노래를 듣고 뮤직비디오를 보시면서 화를 조금이나마 풀 수 있었으면 좋겠다”고 했다. 또, “3부작으로 구상 중인 퍼포먼스 시리즈인 ‘꽃:화’를 통해 솔로 전지윤의 확실한 색깔을 찾고 싶다”고 소망했다.

아울러 “불과 2~3년 전까지만 해도 빌보드 차트에 입성하겠다는 과한 욕심이 있었는데 지금은 달라졌다”면서 “건강을 유지하면서 저의 원동력인 팬 분들에게 좋은 음악을 계속해서 들려드리는 것이 목표”라고 밝혔다.

--- END ---

#1 krell, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Tazbaby5 likes this.
  2. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    *** Live Performances ***

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdx39hCXT8U
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Live , The Show) ; 2020.09.16
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVq_JuLTF8I
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Live , Arirang K-pop) ; 2020.09.10
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQsGgP_V9T0
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Live , Arirang K-pop) ; 2020.09.03
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQBIzKXoPnI
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Live , Mcountdown) ; 2020.09.03
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dx7TnboIo8
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Live , Show Champion) ; 2020.09.02
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDXr8xCogK4
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Live , The Show) ; 2020.09.01
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4viN-YwZpTE
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Live , Music Bank) ; 2020.08.28
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeZAgvhm7Fg
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Live , Arirang K-pop) ; 2020.08.28

*** FanCam ***

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Za57Zmd_Dc
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Live , FanCam , Arirang TV) ; 2020.08.28

*** FanCam ***
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG217yUGVxk
    JENYER (Jeon Ji-Yoon , 4Minute) ; "BAD" ; (Live , Show Champion) ; 2020.08.26

*** Live Performances ***

#2 krell, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Tazbaby5 likes this.
  3. krell

krell Super Rookie

Currency:
    This THREAD Topic is about JENYER's Solo Comeback Song titled 'BAD' ...
    And NOT about IF one can type "WTF" , "OMG" , "IKR" , "???" (etc) ...
    So , ASKING that REPLIES here are 'On Topic' , those are welcome.

#3 krell, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  4. DMV2DMZ

DMV2DMZ Rookie

Currency:
    Genie
    They should have teased "To this which the world all are bad" out to a 2:30 or something minute song. The music hit perfectly compared to "Bad". I was very disappointed. I was rooting for the woman.

#4 DMV2DMZ, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    krell likes this.