Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

JBJ fans protest against their disbandment

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Lubby00, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Lubby00

Lubby00 Memorable

2. Lubby00

Lubby00 Memorable

3. ThatGoodGood

ThatGoodGood Trainee

Would have been nice for them to get an extension but I doubt it's going to happen now

Meloverse and seulgipringles like this.
  4. Meloverse

Meloverse Married to @Yeo_One

☾ Universe // Byulharang ☆
    It's Joyfuls' right to do this after some snake bitch fucked up their extension

pristine and nana18 like this.
  5. Trash_c

Trash_c Newbie

6. ForgottenSoul

No snake fucked it up.. they should not have promised a extension without getting consent of all labels.

7. Key_the_VIP

I feel like there is no way to win here. Aren't all of the temporary groups made up of people from other groups? So if they stay together, don't those other groups get screwed over? At the same time, it's also logical for the temporary group to stay together if they are incredibly successful. This is why I never went near temporary groups... too much heartache if you end up liking them!

Trash_c likes this.
  8. devilinblack1

these guys have way too much free time and energy to waste:annoyedr:

21_nolja_vip and Trash_c like this.
  9. Trash_c

Trash_c Newbie

I completely agree, it's useless

10. Trash_c

Trash_c Newbie

I didn't hard stan IOI, so when they disbanded I had so much regrets. This time I stan Wanna One, and I regret it already ! They are going into new groupsn that's true. But their success will be wasted, given the public can't focus on all the groups !

Key_the_VIP likes this.
  11. Suzan

Suzan Memorable

EXO's Mama
    Although Wannables are louder and they’re bigger than JBJ’s fandom, I don’t think they'll do something like this honestly. The situation is completely different. We (Wannables) know the boys will disband and the members haven’t gotten our hopes up with a possible extension of their contract. They’re going to disband and we know that. It’s set. I’ll be disappointed if the fandom pulls something like this. It’s going to be sad but we knew from the start. I just remembered the petition and I don’t know anymore... I hope fans act maturely.
    In JBJ’s case, their company completely messed up. They lead the fans to believe that if they showed results (worked hard on streaming for views and charts, votes, etc. etc.), they’ll extend their contracts so the fans worked hard and showed them the results to the best of their abilities. The members themselves were also positive towards getting their contract extended (at least that’s what they said). So after being hopeful this whole time, suddenly they’re told that the contract will not be extended even though they were lead to believe it would. So it makes sense they’re upset over this situation.
    Do I think it’ll work? Honestly no. Hyunbin already left and the rest of the companies also confirmed that the boys won’t be continuing afterwards. I feel bad for the members and I hope they can stay close and maybe have collabs in the future, but I don’t think they’ll stay s group.

12. istari

istari Rookie

I don't think people have the full story. I think fans wold be fine if JBJ ended like the companies promised - the contract was for around 7 months. However, JBJ have been doing very well in charts and the companies agreed on an extension. Then, all of a sudden, they cut off the extension and said JBJ was disbanding. As a fan, I personally don't care but I think other fans are angry because they had hope but it was suddenly cut off with no explanation.

Key_the_VIP and Trash_c like this.
  13. Trash_c

Trash_c Newbie

I hope too. I wasn't completely against the petition, but I hope Wannables will be able to move on without complications.

Temporary groups are so hard to manage, and to stan !! Companies looking to milk fans in the shortest time possible, while the other companies fight to get some of the money of theit trainees + fans getting involved emotionnally and ening up heartbroken

14. Trash_c

Trash_c Newbie

People say that it's because og YG ! He apparently has plans for Hyunbin in YG NBG !

15. lighterxx

lighterxx Married to : @twentyonejongdae

Full-Time Carat with low sense of humour
    in somewhere writing 10th SVT thread of the day
    if its meant to be, it will happen

16. devilinblack1

If it works somehow after this protest. then it might become a kind of thing to protest over comeback, disbanding, this and that. that would be very bad

#16 devilinblack1, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Trash_c likes this.
  17. Trash_c

Trash_c Newbie

Things will be a mess, with fans taking power !

18. SunnySun

SunnySun Newbie

I don't get what they expect from it? JBJ is done, they are gonna disband how is wrote in their contract, yes, their company is at fault for giving false hope but protesting won't change anything.

YG is snake because they took out Hyunbin but why the other 5 guys didn't continued together? They would have done decent as 5, this is not the first group who lost members. This whole thing is childish, the fans knew that they are a temporary group, i hope Wanna One fans won't make a mess at W1 disband day.

The trend of temporary groups need to stop.

Riko_Nee likes this.
  19. Nicklaus

Nicklaus EXO Trash + XiuChen Shipper

Imagine the response to Wanna One disbanding later this year :eek: gonna be #Drama

20. annoyed

annoyed Notable

This is honestly so funny to me, like what were they expecting? The members themselves were saying they were HOPING to promote a little bit longer than planned, the companies also said that they were TRYING to extend their contracts. They never promised anything and the fans should've never expected anything more either cause this was a group with a 7 months contract and that's it. The logic of staning a group you know only have a couple months to live and then expecting them to stay for another more months or even a year is dumb.