IU's Battle with Bulimia & Extreme Weight Loss 2010 - 2017

Discussion in 'Celebrity Zone' started by Aoki91, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Aoki91

Aoki91 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Eating
    I love iu's music, and followed her for some time. People who know her knows she is fixated with her weight. Iu is not a naturally skinny person. When she first debuted she was actually considered ''chubby'' but lost the weight. Since then its known that iu goes on strict diets.

in 2014 iu confessed she has been struggling with Bulimia

On the latest episode of SBS’ “Healing Camp” – a celebrity talk show allows guests to open up about personal subjects they’ve struggled with – IU (Lee Ji-eun) has opened up about her struggle with Bulimia.

Prior to IU becoming the famous artist she is today, she admitted she struggled with her weight.

"It was an uneasy time. My heart felt empty, and I tried to fill the void with food. However, instead of feeling better, I became anxious and felt like I was lacking," she said.

"I would eat until I threw up. I had to receive treatment for it," she confessed.

IU also opened up her insecurity regarding feeling overrated and undeserving of the praise her music receives.

She also said that after receiving praise for her performance of “Good Day” she still felt she wasn’t good enough.

Another person who is not naturally thin but keeps the weight off in questionable ways is SNSD tiffany

ArieIIe, chekas1292 and tzuyonce like this.
  2. Aoki91

Aoki91 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Eating
  3. ArieIIe

ArieIIe Idol

Currency:
    it’s rlly sad how idols have to go on extreme diets because they don’t fit certain beauty standards :(

A.Fishbowl likes this.
  4. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    I've honestly been watching a lot of those videos that youtuber makes lately and honestly for me it's pretty bad because of my own issues with anorexia but I also think it's super important to talk about the topic and bring awareness to it.

5. LegendaryTsunade

Currency:
    Stanning the same group forever
    This all makes me really sad cuz I can't make myself lose even a pound... But then again - it's sad cause it must have been really hard for them.