NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

its kind of sad what this site has become

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by aclassyteaparty, Nov 25, 2020.

1. aclassyteaparty

aclassyteaparty Celebrity

Currency:
    users that don't agree with each other, even if no personal attacks are thrown, is "fighting": locks thread

users i don't agree with should be silenced: locks thread

any unfavorable opinion about another group is bashing or shading or bait : locks thread

some of y'all are bare spineless on this site. don't have a good rebuttal to someone's opinion? you just report the thread and it gets locked for no good reason. this site is full of gaslighting and bullying but some of y'all are more concerned with someone thinking one group is more successful than another... and mods just feed into this culture. its toxic af.

2. funnyguy-69

funnyguy-69 Public Figure

Currency:
    Inb4 this thread is locked for hurting people's feelings lol

3. NYstar

NYstar Rookie

Currency:
    I completely agree

everything gets locked for no reason. I don't completely blame mods because maybe they get pressured by all the mass-reports and the "you're biased!!" accusations if they don't lock a thread. there should be a new rule in this forum that threads will never get locked unless they have shocking/harmful content. a thread being about something negative like "this song is bad", "I don't like this group/idol", "this group is flopping" or controversies/scandals/fights etc. should NOT be locked. people arguing is not a reason to lock. forums are made for this! people who try to control everyone and refuse any little negative post should simply not be on forums

forums are the written versions of irl debates. you can agree, you can disagree, you can discuss, but what you can't do is try to stop/censor people. users who abuse the report button are ruining this place, every thread getting locked is just nonsense. there has to be a rule or else this forum will soon turn to a place where the only threads opened will be "I ate cereals this morning" "I went to school" "x idol is so hot" and other boring topics like this that belong more to someone's diary than to a forum of discussions

almost everytime a thread is locked and I read every single page, there is ZERO reason why the thread is locked. not even one post being offensive... nothing at all. just people discussing without being "positive". the most interesting threads get locked... they could get to 10, 20 or 30 pages but instead they are locked after 3 pages because some oversensitive fans spam it with off-topic and then report it

if it bothers you so much, ignore it. if you get stressed from arguing, don't argue then... but stop reporting and getting everything locked for nothing

yikes

4. Celinegirls

Celinegirls Mingyu is the Most Handsome Man in the World

Currency:
    Agree.

I think threads shouldn't be locked.
    And comments shouldn't be deleted/edited.

Users should be free to share their opinions.

And If something is wrong with a thread other users should have oppurtunity to say that without it locked/deleted.

5. Closer

Closer 24K

Currency:
    Meh

jasque likes this.
  6. worldcaresnot4u

Currency:
    They banned me for a year for publicly complaining about threads being locked unjustly and irrationally.

briarlee, jasque, Multi_Smile and 4 others like this.
  7. worldcaresnot4u

Currency:
    (Double post.)

#6 worldcaresnot4u, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  8. aclassyteaparty

Currency:
    100% agree with everything here. you'd think a mod could read a post like this, take it back to the team, and work on improving rules and training newer mods to not be trigger happy lockers. but its become very obvious to me that mods dont care about improving this site even if they say they do.

9. ripiasuju

ripiasuju Married to @CosmicCrow

Currency:
    Its gotten a lot chiller lately in my opinion

briarlee, chaeyoungsluvr and jasque like this.
  10. L_catzzz

L_catzzz ✲✩ Permaignored by Johnny ✩✲

Currency:
    I agree

briarlee likes this.
  11. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Star

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    I just hang out in the forum games. No locked threads.

12. azhra-0110

azhra-0110 Public Figure

Currency:
    Agreed. I don't know why some people join a forum if they cant take opposing opinions and are unable to have a debate and the moderation is part of the problem. Inb4 my message gets deleted o_O

13. xwhisperx

xwhisperx Star

Currency:
    Derp Queen
    They shouldn't get locked, but when you have people that can't accept that other people's opinions thats what happens. Threads are usually locked to kill the fire it could become...
    years of people not being to have actual discussions here has show it only descends in personal attacks, death threats, doxxing... No one seems to learn so the rules had to change.

14. aclassyteaparty

Currency:
    but i mean.. why punish everyone for what some users do... maybe if they had the balls to perma-ban the people who deserve it, we wouldnt have to deal with them running amuck. just a thought.

briarlee, 4oclocksky and xwhisperx like this.
  15. queenslime

queenslime Super Rookie

Currency:
    It might be a power move for some. They can do it, so they want to, and so they look for any and every opportunity.
    IDK, I only ever reported one person, for valid reasons I think, it wasn't about Kpop either.

16. ghostlight

ghostlight ᔕ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴏᴏᴅʟᴇꜱ ᔕ

Currency:
    Jimin's Resting Bitch Face
    Seems the same to me... same old shit, different people. :confused:

briarlee and jasque like this.
  17. itiswhatitisss

itiswhatitisss ♥EXIDitiswhatitisss♥

Currency:
    #2 HardcoreBLINK anti
    I think controversial opinions or anything of the sort should NOT get locked, but when it gets out of hands or the thread is clearly going to go south, then that's when it should be locked. Why lock a thread later when insults have been flung around when you can just lock it to prevent anything bad from happening.

18. whalelord

whalelord Trainee

Currency:
    except many users are permabanned then they make new alt accounts to keep coming back. the mods are doing what they can to help the place but theyre just mods and admins have no desire to step in unless it can potentially cause havoc to the main page of akp.

on top of that, it's easy to sit back on your own seat and criticize where you do nothing but point fingers to blame and you contribute nothing to an open dialogue.

guess what, mods for a while were doing the best with their own discretion and judgement to choose new mods. new mods that are now junior mods that cant use the banhammer which is why you see a lot more threads locked than users being banned (only to again make new accounts). users complained because they felt they could do better to vote and have a vital role in who becomes mod.

so the mods gave it a try to let akp have their voices heard and vote for the new mods. and looked how that clusterduck turned out yet it is somehow ALWAYS the mods fault.

you know what i dont see getting locked? the artist threads where you can enter to have the discussions.

maybe instead of relying on a thread to circle jerk and blame everyone else that you lead by example and try to do something with the forum yourself to improve it instead of hoping everyone solves your problems for you.

19. whalelord

whalelord Trainee

Currency:
    most of the different people are alts of old users

20. whalelord

whalelord Trainee

Currency:
    most of the different people are alts of old users

21. xwhisperx

xwhisperx Star

Currency:
    Derp Queen
    Thats alot of people to ban and to be honest it's probably the reason why the site still exist, as it brings traffic. Mods don't have as much power as most people think they do, most of the rules were set before them they just continue do what they can within their means and trying to please a dysfunctional community doesn't come easy. We came from hell pre 2016 revamp... Its not an image johnny wanted hence cashing in on the teenage audience and making things more 'friendly' seemed to be a good idea, legally that means censorship would increase to protect minors.
    The reason why the forum still exists is because the Mods, convinced jhonny not to shut it down... But they don't have no guidance from Admins nor enough power to really change anything, but they still stay because they were and are still users also who don't get paid to mod.
    Its a lose lose battle regardless... Someone will always be unhappy, it just is what it is.
    I feel like if some can't deal with it, it better to just leave to be honest, whether it's the censorship or immature toxicity.

briarlee and jasque like this.
  22. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    One thing the mods should change too is figuring out who to accuse and not the person who made a thread. Some months ago, maybe even in 2019 I for example just posted a video of an ATEEZ-song and said the vocals of Yunho reminded me a bit of Jungkook in this song. You see it as "oh he sounds a bit like him, never thought of that before" but 1 army didn't saw it like that and said I was about to say Jungkook sucks, wich I never said and cause of that one user within 10 minutes about 30 pages full of "why is she making bts down?" were posted and instead of focusing on the person who started, the mods accused me I made a fanwar, wich I didn't made... this is one thing that I also saw a few times in threads that they got locked and the person who made it was innocent and wondered what happend to their thread since they were not the person who begun the fight ... yeah just wanted to say that

#20 JiminieKookie, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    briarlee, ghostlight and xwhisperx like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted